(shouting)

Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: NO ITEMS, FINAL DES--PRESENTATION!

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Re: Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: NO ITEMS, FINAL DES--PRESENTATION!

Post by Picochilla »

100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

So there's going to be a tournament around 11 CST. 45 entrants in singles, 17 doubles, so it'll be going for a bit.

I swear it'll be streamed this time Jesuis. We checked the equipment to make sure it works.
Riiiiiiiight here.

In case anybody wants to watch.
Look for "She-Hulk" or maybe "LoooooooNK" if I decide to use my P:M skill to pull out a pocket Link.
I'm dumb, so it might happen maybe.

E: The Twitch channel changed. I have updated the post to reflect this.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

For any of y'all who are into competitive, eSAM recently made a super cool video about character and self-expectations. Pretty thought-provoking if you're interested in competitive smesh.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm not sure who this video targets exactly. Very few that are watching his channel want to be the "very best" at smash, and I don't think those who do actually believe they can get to the top players worldwide without giving themselves the means to do so, unless they're delusional 12 yr-olds or something. Also, the way he's saying it is pretty misleading "if your #1 goal is to win you have to main a top 5 character or you're dishonest". That is ONLY applicable if you want to be a top player worldwide, no matter what char you play that doesn't impact whether one wants to WIN. You might want to play DDD because he's fun, you might want to play ganon to show off, you might want to play zelda to challenge yourself or whatever (also lol esam only finding narcissa as a his #2 "relevant" non-tierwhore player), but that doesn't mean you want to lose.

And that's not even counting the cases where some characters are considered "bad" but are simply unexploited and are suddenly considered good because some guy who was maining them comes out and wins a lot (not even specific to Smash of course, the only thing I can think of was the somewhat recent popularity of Dr Mario after someone (Nairo? idr) wrecked everyone with him at a big tournament, but also Luffy winning EVO 2014 with Rose at Street 4, a character that was considered trash at the time). Some people believe they can win big with a "bad" characters and even Esam doesn't know whether that's possible or not, and I don't know why that means that person is dishonest with themselves.

Like I don't know, to me the video is just "STOP COMPLANING ABOUT CHARACTER TIERS", which is dumb because there's nothing wrong with comparing characters' strengths and weaknesses, be it as a joke or not. And every time I see a video from Esam it always boils down to this ridiculous "people on the internet are mean stop being mean :(" like his video "why top players are quitting" being like "dumb asses insulting on twitter are making people quit" or whatever and being surprised to read these kinds of messages, on the internet, as a relatively famous person. Like... I like Esam as a player because he's amazing at pikachu and I like pikachu, but every time I see one of his videos he kind of irritates me??

Maybe he doesn't like when people call zero or dabuz or him tierwhores, but that doesn't make it less true, that word's definition is the exact thing he's described, that is "only playing top tier characters", the goal you're aiming at by doing so is irrelevant.

I guess the video was entertaining I guess since I watched it to the end. And it made me type that stupid wall of text and "thought-provoked" me, as Kuupa put it.

e : I now realize this post is pretty painful to read lol, congrats if anyone read everything

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Bayonetta and Corrin coming out today! (assuming the eshop servers will let you get them)

on a different note, Smashboards finally put out their (un)official tier list. You know, right before a patch.

Have grains of salt on standby, of course.

Sheik is named the best character while Zelda is the worst. That's hilarious.

It's weird seeing Mario so high up on a list. Usually, he's smack in the middle or lower-middle.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

BAYO and corn IN A FEW HOURS GUYS!!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Oh boy, something I have to forcibly wait for a few days to try myself because of a broken Wii U. :(
I am still excited for them, though.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I'm hearing the update's live! consume
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

Ver 1.1.5 is live, and some characters are getting hit pretty hard.

-Meta Knight U-air strings are near impossible at lower percents now.
-Shiek f-throw got changed?
-Finishing Touch got hella nerfed
-Zelda and Samus buffs
-Corrins counter no longer kills people at 0%
-A bunch of other Corrin things got nerfed
-Yoshi aerial nerfs? Please?
-Smashboards is crashing like hell
-My replays are endangered ;-;
-????????????????????
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

aww yiss more kirby buffs
16lmsf8.jpg
16lmsf8.jpg (11.47 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
Also if it turns out there's no bayo nerf fuck nintendo and their dlc powercreep (especially since shiek got hit pretty hard)

Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

Vital importance.
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

c u s t o m m u s i c b o y s
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Holy shit can't wait for finals to end so I can dive headfirst into this

HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Just bringing you guys up to date on some Smash Silliness.

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

I'm upset about it.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

That would be a lot nicer if it was... well, of no intended irony, 100%.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
TheFinalSentinel

ImageImageImage Wow it's almost like Sakurai has been noted to dislike the competitive Smash scene, and it still shows even after that crapshow known as Brawl. ImageImageImage
*cough* you should play Melee instead *couch* *chair* competitive Smash 4 is terrible *sofa*
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:ImageImageImage Wow it's almost like Sakurai has been noted to dislike the competitive Smash scene, and it still shows even after that crapshow known as Brawl. ImageImageImage
*cough* you should play Melee instead *couch* *chair* competitive Smash 4 is terrible *sofa*
i like having a competitive cast of more than 8 characters [:
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I like being a Smash noob
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I don't get why everyone is so mad about this. Some moves like kirby's dtilt already have a chance (pretty sure it's also 25%) of making the opponent trip and noone bats an eye.
It's nowhere near as stupid as Brawl tripping or something. It's rare, requires 100% damage, requires reaction time from the player (which is good, I wish more moves required quick adaptation), and the victim can DI up to prolong hitstun until he can jump/tech. It's just sad that this mechanic seems to benefit already pretty defensive characters like fox and mario that never take any risk, now they'll just spam nair until the stars align.
TaviTurnip wrote:That would be a lot nicer if it was... well, of no intended irony, 100%.
That would be awful. It has been proved numerous times that guaranteed kill setups out of a 2 frame move have no place in Smash (diddy, Luigi, bayonetta...)

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Jesuiscontent wrote:That would be awful. It has been proved numerous times that guaranteed kill setups out of a 2 frame move have no place in Smash (diddy, Luigi, bayonetta...)
To be honest I'm completely blind to Smash Wii U and only watch it at EVO, so >_> As a concept, I like the idea of a kill setup off a short move after 100% damage (the range where you should be dying) but I'm not really surprised if Diddy or Bayo are the worst culprits of something like this.

Needs 8F of input delay.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
TheFinalSentinel

Kuupa wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote:ImageImageImage Wow it's almost like Sakurai has been noted to dislike the competitive Smash scene, and it still shows even after that crapshow known as Brawl. ImageImageImage
i like having a competitive cast of more than 8 characters [:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Attachments
8daf2306-8f51-447e-9ab5-88a775174e96.png
8daf2306-8f51-447e-9ab5-88a775174e96.png (61.91 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

With all the recent Wii U ports being announced (Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors), that's not a surprise, but it's still neat.