(shouting)

Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: NO ITEMS, FINAL DES--PRESENTATION!

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: CLOUD...CLOUDS IN!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Corrin looks cool as a playable character; it's just hard for me to get really hyped for a character whose game isn't even available yet. Still, I'm a big FE fan, so one more character (especially an awesome-lookin' one) is cool by me.

Bayonetta came from out of left field, but she looks AMAZING. Looks like a blast to play. Maybe this'll finally inspire me to play the Bayonetta games, which I've heard are incredible.
I'm probably driving right now.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

I don't own Smash.
Don't plan on buying it.
But I'm super hype for Bayonetta HECK YEAH
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
warpio

Post by warpio »

I'm not even usually a huge fan of 3d action games but I found Bayonetta 1+2 incredibly good and was extremely glad I played them. this might actually get me back into smash for a while.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

bkamakaze wrote:ping
hey bk they finally confirmed a tales character for smash!!

convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

HAHAHAHA kirby got massive buffs

Can't wait to destroy clouds on for glory tomorrow

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Well, that is certainly something. Don't care about the others but Bayo I'd certainly play as if I weren't so addicted to Splatoon. RIP Inklings in Smash.

Well, I'll see if I can put aside some time on February to buy and play as her. She certainly sounds fun to play.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Re: Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: NO ITEMS, FINAL DES--PRESENTATION!

Post by Jesuiscontent »

For those interested, vgbootcamp is spamming cloud mirrors until they start their weekly tournament http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Jesuiscontent wrote:HAHAHAHA kirby got massive buffs
My baby ;u;
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Didn't care about Cloud too too much till I saw his gameplay. He looks incredibly fun to play as and I'm excited to pick him up now!
The lack of songs on the Midgar stage is..staggering, though.

Could not care less about the new FE rep, I've had more than enough FE already.

Bayonetta completely blew my mind to heck and back.

Despite that, I'm kinda..overall disappointed? I like the additions with the exception of the FE character, but knowing this is the final DLC cast is kinda underwhelming to me somehow. I was hoping for more low key Nintendo series to be represented a bit more (Donkey Kong please) or maybe a completely untapped Nintendo series, but instead we get third parties and Corrin.

Interested in seeing the balance changes though, and Kirby's bayonetta hat is adorable as fig
momo

Post by momo »

ah geez cloud is so good

corrin actually looks pretty interesting. also bayonetta yes
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

oh hey bayonetta got in, awesome
and she looks incredible to play as yo
corrin is a super rad bonus
as far as 'adding another fire emblem character', their probably the most unique option
now if only they'd RELEASE FATES GOD DAMMIT SO I CAN PLAY IT

also geno mii costume Image
oh i cant wait to drink the tears of the crying fanboys
Blivsey wrote:
bkamakaze wrote:ping
hey bk they finally confirmed a tales character for smash!!

rip
ImageImageImage
Schmiggety
Special Edition
First name: First name: First name:

Post by Schmiggety »

As a big Fire Emblem fan, I would have really preferred pretty much anything else. There's already way too many characters for a series that is hardly even popular. They could have added so many other characters instead. There's almost as many FE characters as Mario characters. Most people couldn't have even told you anything about FE before awakening came out. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Bayonetta is a pretty cool pick though.
Wah
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

I'm okay with Corrin because his moveset at least looks interesting.

Cloud is fun to play and Bayonetta looks fantastic.
momo

Post by momo »

Schmiggety wrote:As a big Fire Emblem fan, I would have really preferred pretty much anything else. There's already way too many characters for a series that is hardly even popular. They could have added so many other characters instead. There's almost as many FE characters as Mario characters. Most people couldn't have even told you anything about FE before awakening came out. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't think it really matters how many characters from a particular series there are just as long as there is diversity in movesets.
Schmiggety
Special Edition
First name: First name: First name:

Post by Schmiggety »

Rusbojis wrote:
Schmiggety wrote:As a big Fire Emblem fan, I would have really preferred pretty much anything else. There's already way too many characters for a series that is hardly even popular. They could have added so many other characters instead. There's almost as many FE characters as Mario characters. Most people couldn't have even told you anything about FE before awakening came out. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't think it really matters how many characters from a particular series there are just as long as there is diversity in movesets.
Ye, I'm mostly just salty because no K. Rool or Banjo.
Wah
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Beforehand I would've laughed at people being salty about whatever ended up being revealed. Turns out that the tables have turned and now it is I who is the salty one!!

Wow. I'd more or less written off the possibility of Serperior (or any other Pokemon, Sceptile probably being the most popular choice) for being the second DLC character in a single series (ie. Mewtwo), but turns out that actually doesn't mean anything because Corrin! Even I would say "are you kidding me, another Fire Emblem character" at this point, but he looks RADICAL so I definitely look forward to dragoning it up. Likewise I had written off Bayonetta for "too sexy for Smash" reasons probably... though now that I think about it, earlier on I had also thought "well they don't necessarily have to have her exposed during attacks", like others had likely also thought; but it looks like she does still partially do so anyway, so I guess I'm 0 for 2 now. Her combo game looks ridiculous?? I'm genuinely surprised she was THE most popular pick overall, I don't think I've heard anyone considering the possibility of Bayonetta for months.

...I don't doubt that they'll be loads of fun to play but I'm still kinda salty/disappointed because they're not MY picks. As many probably are. I (again, like many others I'm sure) was expecting/hoping for more than one ballot-chosen character.
...Since Bayonetta was introduced as "the final NEW fighter", I secretly hoped that Wolf would get a surprise reveal (being a returning character rather than new), but alas sweet prince.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

I still don't understand the demand for K. Rool.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:I still don't understand the demand for K. Rool.
Wouldn't you want to play as a giant fat crocodile wearing a crown?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

BAYONETTA HYPE

That is all.
SL the Pyro

Post by SL the Pyro »

Holy shit, Cloud is a monster in the right hands. He has his issues of course, mostly being horrible recovery without Limit Break and almost no combo potential, but his sheer damage output and low KO percents make up for it. Once you learn how to use his KO moves and mindgame with his Limit Breaks, he becomes a fucking murder machine.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Cloud is amazingly fun like I predicted. Midgar is kinda like Spear Pillar but less intrusive.

I'm satisfied.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Okay I have to say I was wrong and Cloud is actually super fun to play. Limit break all the time
SL the Pyro wrote:Holy shit, Cloud is a monster in the right hands. He has his issues of course, mostly being horrible recovery without Limit Break and almost no combo potential, but his sheer damage output and low KO percents make up for it. Once you learn how to use his KO moves and mindgame with his Limit Breaks, he becomes a fucking murder machine.
Whaaaat

Down throw into side B hits HARD, and Down tilt into uptilts into up air/grab mixups are real

Up air is ABSURD. It comes out instantly, beats EVERYTHING with stupid knockback and hitbox lasts FOREVER. It beats BOWSER BOMB. I'm far from having played against every matchup but I'm pretty sure only Kirby stone beats it at this point. If you're good at baiting airdodges it's super easy to juggle infinitely with it alone.

momo

Post by momo »

Cloud can actually juggle people at low percents with his up tilt like mario. When they start going too high you have a guaranteed up air.
Jeran
:V
First name: Jeran

Post by Jeran »

my boyfriend is forcing my hand and getting me back into smash 4 again. Have the controls always been really annoying? Everything close to me i over shoot, and everything else is just a smidge too far away. movement is just so gesture based!
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

It ought to come with practice; I still often find myself barely whiffing attacks from time to time... having a good handle on exactly where your character's attacks hit and how quickly is probably important knowledge to gain.

Is anyone else legitimately upset that Cloud doesn't speak English?? (and that Midgar only has two songs)
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.