(shouting)

Pokémon

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
metasomnia?
butts

Re: Pokémon

Post by metasomnia? »

I kind of don't like that the Sandshrew/slash was given an ice type. Steel I don't mind, but ice kinda feels weird. Also Raichu with its new uber cuteness kinda freaks me out. Every other Alolan form is alright, I guess. I wonder if they'll add more forms for earlier pokemon?
PikaFlare
The sunlight is harsh....

Post by PikaFlare »

I certainly hope that Gen 7 has new mega evolutions. Some Pokemon desperately need them (Porygon Z, I'm looking at you!)
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

PikaFlare wrote:I certainly hope that Gen 7 has new mega evolutions. Some Pokemon desperately need them (Porygon Z Gen 2 starters, I'm looking at you!)
PikaFlare
The sunlight is harsh....

Post by PikaFlare »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
PikaFlare wrote:I certainly hope that Gen 7 has new mega evolutions. Some Pokemon desperately need them (Porygon Z Gen 2 starters, I'm looking at you!)
Well, those too. lol
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
YEAH!!
If that happens, I hope thatMEGA MEGANIUM!! will be part Dragon.

[Pending image of something unrelated]

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Pokemon TCG tournament today for me. Let's see if my water deck can pull through.
That crazy voice dude
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Finally completed my national, living dex in Pokémon Y and got these neat certificates
Attachments
14113881_1062615467168854_1984967528_o.jpg
14113881_1062615467168854_1984967528_o.jpg (269.38 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I was originally trying to avoid Sun/Moon spoilers but I gave up on that and I gotta say there is some weird shit going on here.

Yup.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Mata Hari wrote:I was originally trying to avoid Sun/Moon spoilers but I gave up on that and I gotta say there is some weird shit going on here.
Yup.
not sure what you mean by weird. I love everything that I've seen from gen 7 thus far
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Basically I feel the concept of regional variants steps on the toes of what Mega Evolution was supposed to do, and cheapens Mega Evolution in hindsight as a droppable gimmick rather than an integral new mechanic.

Like, Mega Evolution was a gimmick but it was also a way of giving some new juice to forgettable Pokemon, and revisiting old Pokemon is necessary because there are only so many times you can make a cat or whatever, but Alolan Pokemon are just a different way of accomplishing the same end. I accidentally saw a pic of the Alolan Exeggutor and assumed it was a mega.

Of course, there could still be some new Megas, but I feel like they would've revealed that by now if so. And introducing new Mega Evolutions and a new variant Pokemon mechanic in the same game would feel redundant anyways.

I'm still buying the game, I'm still totally up for giving all its new crap a fair shake, so don't assume I'm just some grognard shouting RUINED, but this is how I feel about it all right now
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I have nostalgia bias in favor of alolan formes because of the amazing delta species from the tcg
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

On a positive note my favourite new Pokemon is Pyukumuku because what is not high quality about a Pokemon with an anus for a face that vomits up fists
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Mata Hari wrote:Basically I feel the concept of regional variants steps on the toes of what Mega Evolution was supposed to do, and cheapens Mega Evolution in hindsight as a droppable gimmick rather than an integral new mechanic.
I kind of agree with this but don't really feel the sting of it, if that makes sense. I know a lot of people who definitely wanted to see more variable forms beyond just gender tail spikes or Shellos East vs. West, and Megas were a nice (though final evolution-limited) look into that, but Alolan forms feels like a much better idea with a much better longterm payoff and future ideas available. It's just a shame because if Megas really are being discontinued then we all had a big tease of something that we're not getting back, and that is lame :/

I'm mostly just sour that shinies in Gen VI did not have new colors to differentiate them Gen III-V shinies where the odds of finding them weren't made noobtastic, but I guess at least the Gen VI icon for Pokémon soothes that a little... I really just wish everything would get a new shiny palette so that old ones (which you can still obtain!) have some "value" and also because it would mean new variety and choice for literally every Pokémon... but Alolan forms kind of half-satisfies that too :x Not fully, but a bit.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

TaviTurnip wrote: I'm mostly just sour that shinies in Gen VI did not have new colors to differentiate them Gen III-V shinies where the odds of finding them weren't made noobtastic, but I guess at least the Gen VI icon for Pokémon soothes that a little... I really just wish everything would get a new shiny palette so that old ones (which you can still obtain!) have some "value" and also because it would mean new variety and choice for literally every Pokémon... but Alolan forms kind of half-satisfies that too :x Not fully, but a bit.
It's cool to see someone define "noobtastic" as a one in 512 chance, definitely easy grinding for any run of the mill noob
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Ivy wrote:
TaviTurnip wrote: I'm mostly just sour that shinies in Gen VI did not have new colors to differentiate them Gen III-V shinies where the odds of finding them weren't made noobtastic, but I guess at least the Gen VI icon for Pokémon soothes that a little... I really just wish everything would get a new shiny palette so that old ones (which you can still obtain!) have some "value" and also because it would mean new variety and choice for literally every Pokémon... but Alolan forms kind of half-satisfies that too :x Not fully, but a bit.
It's cool to see someone define "noobtastic" as a one in 512 chance, definitely easy grinding for any run of the mill noob
It's still way higher than the original chances (1/8192). You're also not counting Masuda Method, but I won't complain since you can't breed legendaries.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

that's only friend safari tho
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Mata Hari wrote:that's only friend safari tho
Shiny Charm gives you similar chances to friend safari (or it doesn't, I don't know because there's a lot of conflicting information out there), and I also forgot about PokeNav, which lets you chain pokemon for increasing chances at a shiny (don't know if that's returning though).
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Truhan wrote:It's still way higher than the original chances (1/8192). You're also not counting Masuda Method, but I won't complain since you can't breed legendaries.
The Masuda Method with the Shiny Charm does raise the egg shiny chance to 1/512, from what I've read on bulbapedia;
The Friend Safari apparently has a constant 1/512 shiny rate regardless of shiny charm;
Truhan wrote:
Shiny Charm gives you similar chances to friend safari (or it doesn't, I don't know because there's a lot of conflicting information out there), and I also forgot about PokeNav, which lets you chain pokemon for increasing chances at a shiny (don't know if that's returning though).
and yeah I'm not too sure on the radar, dexnav, chain fishing etc. but the default shiny chance is definitely below 1/512 with the shiny charm. My guess is that it gets doubled from 1/4096, to 1/2048

another thing to point out, some legendary pokémon in ORAS seem to have shiny rates about the same as the friend safari
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

Mata Hari wrote:I was originally trying to avoid Sun/Moon spoilers but I gave up on that and I gotta say there is some weird shit going on here.

Yup.

I've actually somehow avoided most spoilers and am still mostly in the dark regarding the games content.

Other than the announcements that became total memes.

I want to play this Pokemon game as blind as I can.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I've given myself a compromise: pre-release promotional material is fine, but once the games come out I'm cutting myself off from the internet until I beat it, also I'm trying to avoid as many leaks as I can, which I'm already somewhat failing at as I accidentally saw some leaks of the supposed starter evolutions (

though I dunno whether I should be mad or not as otherwise I would've probably picked the starter whose evolution I like the least

)
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Lunatic Quark wrote:I accidentally saw some leaks of the supposed starter evolutions (

though I dunno whether I should be mad or not as otherwise I would've probably picked the starter whose evolution I like the least

)
They're probably fake fam
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ignoritus »

Mata Hari wrote:
Lunatic Quark wrote:I accidentally saw some leaks of the supposed starter evolutions (

)
They're probably fake fam
Assuming he's thinking of the set that's been cycling everywhere, they're borderline confirmed. They contained a near exact portrayal of a character who wasn't shown prior. Only ambiguating factor was that it was very low resolution, but even so you can clearly make out every significant visual trait of that character on them.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

my take on the starter evolution leaks is that theyre real, but theyre concept art, and potentially not even close to the finalized designs at all
"i like bugs"
t
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Sounding like /vp/ in here.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Ignoritus wrote:Assuming he's thinking of the set that's been cycling everywhere, they're borderline confirmed. They contained a near exact portrayal of a character who wasn't shown prior. Only ambiguating factor was that it was very low resolution, but even so you can clearly make out every significant visual trait of that character on them.
Oh snap. you're not wrong. Well in that case I'm going to experience max lol if MegaLitten is Fire/Fighting again. Which it appears to be. What the fuck is going on in your heads, GF?