(shouting)

Pokémon

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Pokémon

Post by blue_kirby »

I'm getting Sun ... and I've noticed the "Version Exclusives" isn't too big compared to previous games.
"That's embarrassing"
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team- ... +palossand here's the team I decided to go with
That crazy voice dude
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

blue_kirby wrote:I'm getting Sun ... and I've noticed the "Version Exclusives" isn't too big compared to previous games.
Yeah, I hope it's because of the time gimmick and that there will be a huge number of events that are "exclusive" due to the nature of the times the games take place in.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

welp, I heard

Alolan Vulpix

is exclusive to Sun... darn... oh well, I already had more than 6 potential picks for my team anyway
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Ivy wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:I'm not entirely sure which version to get. My only concern is getting the copy that contains all the dog-like Pokémon. If there's any canid Pokémon that's version specific, I'd like to know! Guess I'm not getting it at launch.
one pupper is split between both the games, so you will never be fully fulfilled unless you Pre-Order the Steelbook Dual Pack from Amazon like myself
Oh no! Now I don't know what to do.

I tend to play games in the evening, so perhaps I should get Sun to balance that out? Maybe?
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team- ... +palossand here's the team I decided to go with
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team- ... utor-alola
This is mine.
"That's embarrassing"
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

It's heeeeeeeeere
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

goddamn USicans and their early games

at least i don't run the risk of being spoiled because i already spoiled myself through the leaks
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Am I a talkhaus first? I got a shiny Caterpie this morning (about two hours ago). I know they're pretty common, but still.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

A shiny already? You lucky duck. I'm pretty sure mine won't come until I've long since finished the game.
Nonetheless, this is tons of fun so far. Except trying to catch Abra The UI is such a drastic improvement from even X and Y... It's kind of amazing how much they improved quality of life stuff.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:A shiny already? You lucky duck. I'm pretty sure mine won't come until I've long since finished the game.
Nonetheless, this is tons of fun so far. Except trying to catch Abra The UI is such a drastic improvement from even X and Y... It's kind of amazing how much they improved quality of life stuff.
I'm moving my way up the story fairly slowly, trying to catch as many pokemon as I can along the way. Pro-tip for the Abra - in the city's pokemon center, there's a guy that gives you 10 ultra balls if you have 10 pokemon in your dex. I got my Abra on my second ultra ball.

I don't know if the feature gets brought in later, but I really miss the chaining system from ORAS.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

So, what is the chance of getting Pokerus in Sun/Moon?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Spinda wrote:goddamn USicans and their early games

at least i don't run the risk of being spoiled because i already spoiled myself through the leaks
Pfft! That's your fault for not speaking English. :D If all of you spoke English, we'd all receive it at the same time.
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

ztarwuff wrote:

Pfft! That's your fault for not speaking English. :D If all of you spoke English, we'd all receive it at the same time.
ok but

UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Spinda wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:

ok but

UK
Actually, it's not true for a different reason. I have the digital version. When you start up the digital version, you have to pick a language. It has all the languages, they're already in the game.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

The calling for help mechanic is brilliantly programmed. If you are trying to catch the Pokémon, it will successfully call for help always. If you are trying to chain SOS mons for hidden abilities, it will never call for help, or fail if it tries
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Ivy wrote:The calling for help mechanic is brilliantly programmed. If you are trying to catch the Pokémon, it will successfully call for help always. If you are trying to chain SOS mons for hidden abilities, it will never call for help, or fail if it tries
Yep, that'll happen. That's just the universe hating people, and wanting some conflict in there.
This is also why Adamantium Orbs come pretty cheap in Poke Marts.

Also, who else had significant trouble with that Vikavolt trial? I had a Fire starter, and it still OHKOed it with a boosted Spark. I won, but not without heavy casualties...
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:
Also, who else had significant trouble with that Vikavolt trial? I had a Fire starter, and it still OHKOed it with a boosted Spark. I won, but not without heavy casualties...
Not me: I used Toxic and turtled the entire fight (mainly because I had a damaged, un-optimised and low level team).

Lurantis on the other hand... When she called that Trumbeak with Rock Blast and Castform with Sunny Day, Water Gun and Weather Ball, and used that Power Herb, everything went downhill. Even when burned, she's still a KO machine (So much that I wanted on of my own). 7-8 KOs and many healing items later, I only just got out of there with two pokemon left. The combinations were just too good for me.

I sometimes question the difficulty of the game, although it might just be me and try to get more than 12 Pokemon up to par with my overleveled Starter (who with that fight beforehand only just take damage and tanked it).
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Anyone here find a Bagon on Route 3 only for it to call in a Salamence?

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

HamsterZerg wrote:Anyone here find a Bagon on Route 3 only for it to call in a Salamence?
I hear it's a 1% chance in most patches of grass so no, not intending on doing so for a while lol
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Normally I'd agree, but I'm, uh, not American
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Finally, someone who truly understands pokemon and is willing to tell it like it is.

HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

This guy was an Ultra Beast before Ultra Beasts were even a thing:

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

I think I might get Pokémon Sun because it's got Vulpix and Ninetails in it (don't really care about the two different forms of Lycanroc). However, as I mostly play during the evening, I'll essentially always be catching Pokémon at night. Is that going to mean I'm essentially getting Pokémon Moon except without the version-exclusive Pokémon?

i.e. So what is up with the time-based mechanics? I know that one is time-shifted by 12 hours from the other but I don't know what that means in terms of gameplay.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

ztarwuff wrote:So what is up with the time-based mechanics? I know that one is time-shifted by 12 hours from the other but I don't know what that means in terms of gameplay.
It means little, other than that certain (early) pokemon can be found and evolve at certain times of real-time. With the Moon version, it just means, for example, that Yungoos will evolve at day in-game, even though it's (commonly) night real-time.

For you however, it means that you have to evolve some Pokemon at unusual times.