(shouting)

Steam megathread

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Steam megathread

Post by pholtos »

pholtos
It would take you...
613 continuous hours
25 days,13 hours,42 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
I guess this isn't thinking about games I've already completed.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

1561 hours. And here I thought for sure I'd be the one on the talkhaus who was the dumbest with money haha. Good show Alchemist.
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

Xalnop
It would take you...
2092 continuous hours
87 days,4 hours,49 minutes
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Steam megathread

Post by Sorel »

362 hours, about 15 days straight.

I could watch every episode of Pokemon or Naruto + Shippuden.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Oh my God, card game humble bundle I am going to be ruined
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Steam megathread

Post by Sorel »

Argumentable wrote:Oh my God, card game humble bundle I am going to be ruined
RIP Wallet

Whatever-2015.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Defy Gravity is 14 cents US right now (16 cents CDN). Apparently, the amount of money you'd get for selling the three trading cards would net you a profit.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Saw this on reddit. Some people might be interested.

https://steamdb.info/freepackages/
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

I've been playing around with the broadcasting stuff a little bit, and currently have it set so that friends can watch me when I'm playing. If you see me on feel free to come bug me and watch me play. I don't have a microphone, but you are welcome to check out what I'm playing.
FancyFancy

Post by FancyFancy »

Oh boy a massive sale for Train Simulator 2015 DLC, as well as the game itself. My wallet isn't gonna catch a break.
FILMED IN
ImageImage
Duvi0
Artist, streamer, level designer, and more, for the low low price of a jar of peaches!

Post by Duvi0 »

Yo! Name's Duvi. Been watching raocow's stuff for 4 years now, I think, started near the midpoint of Vip5 and I promptly watched every subsequent and previous LP! Regardless, my Steam's duvi0. Add me if you wanna play games... self explanatory I guess,
Yo peeps! I'm Duvi. Wanna know more about what I'm like, look at my tumblr, http://duvi0.tumblr.com
talk to me on Skype (mossyduvi0) or Steam (duvi0), or watch my streams at http://twitch.tv/duvi0!
However, my description of myself goes like this: I'm a smart idiot who writes and designs well, but as jacks of all trades go, I can really do jack.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

someone know if there's an Easter Sale this Year?
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Just throwing this out there: http://redd.it/343u2b

Games Republic has a deal on right now. When you register an account, you'll get a Free steam key for Anomaly Korea. Anomaly 2 is also free with your first purchase.
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

There is a May the 4th sale. All Star Wars games are 77% off. And steam finally got X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc. but people are saying they aren't the good versions...
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Apparently it's kind of a big deal that the Lego Star Wars games are actually on sale as part of the May the 4th thing?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

So much a good time to cash in on dat Star Wars VII hype, haha.

(Granted it's got some reverse hype from the backlash of the upcoming game, but eh, that wouldn't impact a sale on the good games available.)
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Ohmato, the artist formerly known as arabsalmon, but still the same
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Have fun with that.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
AlchemistHohenheim

So Steam actually has a legit refund policy now:
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/
You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

Where Refunds Apply
The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store. Here is an overview of how refunds work with other types of purchases.

Refunds on Downloadable Content
(Steam store content usable within another game or software application, "DLC")
DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

Refunds on In-game Purchases
Steam will offer refund for in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games within forty-eight hours of purchase, so long as the in-game item has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Third-party developers will have the option to enable refunds for in-game items on these terms. Steam will tell you at the time of purchase if the game developer has opted to offer refunds on the in-game item you are buying. Otherwise, in-game purchases in non-Valve games are not refundable through Steam.

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles
When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

Steam Wallet Refunds
You may request a refund for Steam Wallet funds within fourteen days of purchase if they were purchased on Steam and if you have not used any of those funds.

Refunds on Bundles
You can receive a full refund for any bundle purchased on the Steam Store, so long as none of the items in the bundle have been transferred, and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours. If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable, Steam will tell you if the whole bundle is refundable during check-out.

Purchases Made Outside of Steam
Valve cannot provide refunds for purchases made outside of Steam (for example, CD keys or Steam wallet cards purchased from third parties).

VAC Bans
If you have been banned by VAC (the Valve Anti-Cheat system) on a game, you lose the right to refund that game.

Movies
We are unable to offer refunds for movies on Steam.

Refunds on Gifts
We are unable to offer refunds for gifts after they have been redeemed by the recipient.

Abuse
Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

How to Request a Refund
You can request a refund or get other assistance with your Steam purchases at help.steampowered.com.

Last updated June 2, 2015
Bolded the most important parts.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote:So Steam actually has a legit refund policy now:
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/
You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

Where Refunds Apply
The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store. Here is an overview of how refunds work with other types of purchases.

Refunds on Downloadable Content
(Steam store content usable within another game or software application, "DLC")
DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

Refunds on In-game Purchases
Steam will offer refund for in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games within forty-eight hours of purchase, so long as the in-game item has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Third-party developers will have the option to enable refunds for in-game items on these terms. Steam will tell you at the time of purchase if the game developer has opted to offer refunds on the in-game item you are buying. Otherwise, in-game purchases in non-Valve games are not refundable through Steam.

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles
When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

Steam Wallet Refunds
You may request a refund for Steam Wallet funds within fourteen days of purchase if they were purchased on Steam and if you have not used any of those funds.

Refunds on Bundles
You can receive a full refund for any bundle purchased on the Steam Store, so long as none of the items in the bundle have been transferred, and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours. If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable, Steam will tell you if the whole bundle is refundable during check-out.

Purchases Made Outside of Steam
Valve cannot provide refunds for purchases made outside of Steam (for example, CD keys or Steam wallet cards purchased from third parties).

VAC Bans
If you have been banned by VAC (the Valve Anti-Cheat system) on a game, you lose the right to refund that game.

Movies
We are unable to offer refunds for movies on Steam.

Refunds on Gifts
We are unable to offer refunds for gifts after they have been redeemed by the recipient.

Abuse
Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

How to Request a Refund
You can request a refund or get other assistance with your Steam purchases at help.steampowered.com.

Last updated June 2, 2015
Bolded the most important parts.
omgfg is it april first
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

HAHAHA June Fool's!

edit: Oh man steam update had something about refunds in the patch note thingys!
AlchemistHohenheim

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this yesterday but everyone who owned Don't Starve prior to June 3rd had Don't Starve Together added to their account.

There's zero indication of it in your license/subscription list or your transaction history, but it's in your game list.
FFR

Post by FFR »

frr
It would take you...
100 continuous hours
4 days,4 hours,21 minutes
IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
Attend Woodstock 1 time

also, when I mouseover just below the "take you" part, a spooky face shows up
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote:We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
So if you buy a game and it goes on sale the next day, you no longer have to live with your god-awful luck? That's pretty cool.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes