(shouting)

Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Miyutwo
Sexy Beam
First name: Cheryl Mason
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread

Post by Miyutwo »

5 minutes... Time to start listening to The Final Countdown
ImageImage
Two images in my sig now? What is the world coming to!?!
[/spoiler]
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Dragon Quest VII and VIII have been confirmed for release on the 3DS over here. Hooray!
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Window Squeegee »

Welp. Guess I gotta beat FFVII now.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Choking on my laughter. In a good way. This is good news.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Miyutwo
Sexy Beam

Post by Miyutwo »

Final Fantasy in Smash Bros. Be still, my heart!
ImageImage
[/spoiler]
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

OHMYGODNINTENDOTAKEMYMONEY

ERROR Fluffi.exe has stopped working
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Miyutwo
Sexy Beam

Post by Miyutwo »

fuck

i just realised that this means a cloud amiibo is coming

oh god i can't breathe
ImageImage
[/spoiler]
momo

Post by momo »

SAKURAI YOU CHEEKY BASTARD
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Cloud is literally an Ike clone. Same down smash, same back air, same jab, same down air, same back-throw. They even had the audacity to give him the same final smash and MAKE IKE HIS FINAL SMASH TARGET IN THE TRAILER. Just brilliant. Only his specials seem to be sort of original (sans up special which seems to be borrowed from mii swordfighter...)

I mean for Lucas and Roy it "made sense" since they already existed, but for Cloud holy shit, what a waste of an entirely new character

not to mention it probably was on NOONE's top spot

No way I'm buying him if he is Ryu price.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Cloud is just a photoshopped Shulk is just a photoshopped Little Mac
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Taking discussion off Cumulonimbus for a second, it turns out that Mother 3 is getting a Virtual Console release!

... in Japan.

Well, it's something!
warpio

Post by warpio »

DQ7 and 8 confirmation made me giddy. If that is a thing that can actually happen, then surely a Mother 3 localization isn't out of the question.

I'm loving how Mario & Luigi Paper Jam looks, btw. Those special attack/status effect cards are very reminiscent of the original Paper Mario's battle system. It looks like Alphadream is trying really hard to make this the game that Sticker Star should've been.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

whenever they mention 'amiibo compatible' I'm always secretly hoping they mean every amiibo so I can play tennis with Ganondorf
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Meanwhile I'm drooling over what's landing on my 3ds in February. I sure hope they left the missing ones in...
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Toilet Princess gets an HD version too. At least the wolf link amiibo looks nice.
That crazy voice dude
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Cloud is literally an Ike clone. Same down smash, same back air, same jab, same down air, same back-throw. They even had the audacity to give him the same final smash and MAKE IKE HIS FINAL SMASH TARGET IN THE TRAILER. Just brilliant. Only his specials seem to be sort of original (sans up special which seems to be borrowed from mii swordfighter...)

I mean for Lucas and Roy it "made sense" since they already existed, but for Cloud holy shit, what a waste of an entirely new character

not to mention it probably was on NOONE's top spot

No way I'm buying him if he is Ryu price.
5 normal moves that have vaguely similar animations, might as well be a reskin. Nevermind the projectile giving him a completely different (and existing) neutral game, the recovery with a disjoint on start-up, the entire limit break mechanic, the entirely different moveset, etc.

As for Omnislash, thats just...what it is. Not too different from its original animation. If anything, I think they just chose Ike(being the character with the longest sword) to give a vague representation of Sephiroth.

And who cares if he was nobody's top spot? We're still getting the ballot winner, anyway. What's wrong with surprise content?
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i never heard a thing about FAST Racing Neo before today but it looks like a neat little hovercraft-racer, if just as generic an F-Zero GX clone as many other games that have been on the market
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Kuupa wrote:5 normal moves that have vaguely similar animations, might as well be a reskin. Nevermind the projectile giving him a completely different (and existing) neutral game, the recovery with a disjoint on start-up, the entire limit break mechanic, the entirely different moveset, etc.

As for Omnislash, thats just...what it is. Not too different from its original animation. If anything, I think they just chose Ike(being the character with the longest sword) to give a vague representation of Sephiroth.

And who cares if he was nobody's top spot? We're still getting the ballot winner, anyway. What's wrong with surprise content?
Come on man. You know damn well that Cloud looks like a really half-assed job, especially after Ryu who had a 100% unique moveset and introduced several completely new mechanics (weak/strong moves, 90°/180°/dragon inputs, up-special canceling, even the focus, while they could have made it a normal counter and called it a day). My post was even an on-the-spot reaction, after rewatching the trailer you can spot even more recycled moves (shulk side b, shulk uptilt, megaman downtilt)

Now to be fair, we didn't see the entire character and especially the limit break thing which could save him, and I know that in the end he'll play differently just like the current clones in the game play very differently from their counterparts, but still, I can't help but be disappointed. If he had been released before Ryu I wouldn't have been that upset, but really after seeing how amazing they made everything about Ryu... Cloud just seems like a Brawl hack character is what I mean

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:i never heard a thing about FAST Racing Neo before today but it looks like a neat little hovercraft-racer, if just as generic an F-Zero GX clone as many other games that have been on the market
Oh yeah that looked raaaaad
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

when are they putting goku in smash
:nb_pride:
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

No one wants to hear me be sour but I'll be spur anyways that it has been almost a year since it was first announced in Japan and we still haven't heard any news of localization for Rhythm Heaven: The Best +.

Also, on a positive note, Super Mystery Dungeon looks neat, though the graphics, to me, look to be merely 'on par' with those from Gates to Infinity.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

No Lynch wrote:Also, on a positive note, Super Mystery Dungeon looks neat, though the graphics, to me, look to be merely 'on par' with those from Gates to Infinity.
It's the tradeoff for being able to put in every Pokemon and not just a limited number, which, IMO, is way better. The main reason why I did not get GoI is because it only had like 200 (?) Pokemon.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

FluffiMasta wrote:
No Lynch wrote:Also, on a positive note, Super Mystery Dungeon looks neat, though the graphics, to me, look to be merely 'on par' with those from Gates to Infinity.
It's the tradeoff for being able to put in every Pokemon and not just a limited number, which, IMO, is way better. The main reason why I did not get GoI is because it only had like 200 (?) Pokemon.
One of my biggest pet peeves about it was the whole "picture taking" gimmick. In a game like Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, it's okay. But Mystery Dungeon never made sense to have something like that.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Guys. No.

Pokemon

PICROSS

Picross rules
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Argumentable wrote:Guys. No.
Pokemon
PICROSS
Picross rules
i'm too stupid to play puzzle games
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)