(shouting)

Humble Bundles

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Super Cheap and Good Vidya Game Alert

Post by Bwarch »

Siiiigh, haha, we've got a humble bundle thread that we were always throwing updates on new ones into, I'd prefer we stick to that instead of having a whole bunch of little hb threads but I understand it's not the easiest thing to see since it was on the third page.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12292

Maybe I can get a mod to sticky it since humble bundle is pretty eternal.

Edit: Thank u.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Bwarch »

https://www.humblebundle.com/
OlliOlli
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Tower of Guns

Pay more than the average
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Jazzpunk
Risk of Rain (Four Pack)

Pay more than 12$
Shadowrun Returns
Wow this, looks really damn good actually, even for Humble Bundle standards. And hey maybe with this I'll have people to play Risk of Rain with finally!!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Bwarch wrote:https://www.humblebundle.com/
OlliOlli
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Tower of Guns

Pay more than the average
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Jazzpunk
Risk of Rain (Four Pack)

Pay more than 12$
Shadowrun Returns
Wow this, looks really damn good actually, even for Humble Bundle standards. And hey maybe with this I'll have people to play Risk of Rain with finally!!
It's not like you are the only one who plays Risk of Rain.

Last time I checked I completed the items with 100% and Monster Logs with 70%.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

FluffiMasta wrote: It's not like you are the only one who plays Risk of Rain.
That's the way you took what I said? Really?

There are hundreds who play RoR, of course, what I meant was this way I can buy a bundle and get some of my friends in on this who I can actually freaking play with. Considering the four pack.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Bwarch wrote:
FluffiMasta wrote: It's not like you are the only one who plays Risk of Rain.
That's the way you took what I said? Really?

There are hundreds who play RoR, of course, what I meant was this way I can buy a bundle and get some of my friends in on this who I can actually freaking play with.
No, that is not the way I took what you said.

Here, let me rephrase it:

"You are not the only person you know who plays the game."

I too would wish that I had more friends who I could play the game with. It's a neat co-op game, really.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So the newest bundle (Humble Jumbo Bundle 3) is doing something rather interesting: in order to unlock Full Mojo Rampage, you have to get at least one person to redeem a gift copy of Insurgency. Additionally, unlike Risk of Rain, it looks like they give you one link that can be used 3 times rather than 3 separate gift links.

Once the payment clears in a day or two, I'll post my link in the gifting thread.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Not technically Humble Bundle but same concept so hey

Four Rayman games for 9 bucks
http://www.gog.com/promo/big_winter_ray ... dle_051214

Ends in five hours, whoops on my part for finding this so late.
AlchemistHohenheim

So I didn't know this because it had been a few months since I actually bought a bundle, but apparently Steam got rid of the remote-redemption feature for keys, so all new Humble Bundles as of January 12th are back to just using strings of characters that you copy and manually redeem in Steam.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en- ... Redemption
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yo get Analogue and Hate Plus from https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly they are the best VN I ever played (and I rarely get into any VN)

The rest is shit but who cares even if you pay 5€ just for these two it's more than worth it

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

There is big spring sale going on over there right now.
AlchemistHohenheim

Well this is a new one. The latest Humble Bundle is all 3DS and Wii U games. No PC versions, oddly, even though 6 of the 8 games have PC versions and are on Steam.

Edit: North, Central, and South America (sans Brazil) only, apparently.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

This is certainly interesting, and a nice change of pace for yee ol' Bundle.

haha, poor Kamakaze~ And aussies in general really, dang.
AlchemistHohenheim

This was apparently a Nintendo of America-led initiative, and evidently none of the other regional divisions wanted to take part, so...basically go politely complain at NIntendo of Australia/Europe on Twitter or something and try to get them to be involved too?

Edit: Apparently NoA tried "for months" to make it a global thing:
https://twitter.com/DWBakes/status/603279625666433024

Didn't work, but they tried.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I already have most of these but I KIND OF hope they will make it global this if they do this again

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Yeah I already own like 3 of those and the ones I do own are really fun. I'm definitely gonna keep my eye on it for the next batch of games cause maybe they'll be good too
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The new bundle looks kind of interesting. There is a lot of expensive game making software on offer.
momo

Post by momo »

Willhart wrote:The new bundle looks kind of interesting. There is a lot of expensive game making software on offer.
It's definitely a steal if you're interested in rpgmaker.
AlchemistHohenheim

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

So this is a thing now.

Gotta say, even as someone that really likes HB and buys a decent amount of stuff from them...I can't justify supporting this. Not a blind purchase for $12 per month. Too much risk (both of getting games I can't actually run on my laptop, and of getting a bunch of stuff I already have).

Maybe if it was like $60/$70/$80 for 12 months I could see it, but as it is? Nah.

Also only 5% goes to charity, for people who care about that. That's only $0.60 per month.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

It certainly would be better if we could see what we get, but it wouldn't be Humble Montlhy Adventure anymore would it?
From what I understand they're going to give bundles that are different from the "usual", but again we don't know anything about what we're getting so anything could happen...

Yeah I might actually try for this month and see what I get, because I can't stop being curious despite all the unknowns :lol: :roll:
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

This happening monthly kind of reminds me of those Lootcrate things Ashen has been opening. It'd be very costly for a year though.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Yup, lootcrate was the first thing I thought of as well. gog.com also did an indie pinata thing that was also similar, but that was just three bucks for a random game and it was only available for one week. I bought one, and interestingly got a game I'd been interested in, but turned out to totally hate (Gods Will Be Watching).
AlchemistHohenheim

So the newest main bundle is pretty amazing. 21+ classic SNK NeoGeo games, many of which have not had any official PC release yet, and 19 of which are playable in your browser using that asm.js thing. For $10.
Humble NEOGEO 25th Anniversary Bundle

Celebrate NEOGEO's 25th Anniversary with a bundle of games making their PC debut!

We're proud to bring you all of these SNK classics in their exclusive debuts for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Plus, if you use Firefox or Chrome, you can play several of these titles without even needing to download them! Go ahead and try the demo by clicking "Play" below the box art above!

Pay what you want for ART OF FIGHTING 2, FATAL FURY SPECIAL, KING OF THE MONSTERS, METAL SLUG 2, SAMURAI SHODOWN II, SENGOKU 3, THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000, and BASEBALL STARS 2.

Pay more than the average price to also receive THE LAST BLADE, PULSTAR, METAL SLUG, METAL SLUG 3, SHOCK TROOPERS, NEO TURF MASTERS, THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION, TWINKLE STAR SPRITES, and the Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack.

Pay $10 or more for all of that plus SHOCK TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD, SAMURAI SHODOWN V Special, GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES, METAL SLUG X, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH.

Pay $40 or more for all of that plus an NEOGEO 25th Anniversary Ltd. Ed. METAL SLUG SV-001 T-Shirt.

Pay what you want. Together, these games ordinarily cost up to $167. Here at Humble Bundle, though, you choose the price!

Cross-platform and DRM-free. Most of these games can be downloaded DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux or played on your Humble Bundle download page or Humble Library using Firefox and Chrome. THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH and THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION are both only available on Steam for Windows. Please check out the full system requirements here prior to purchasing.

Controller Support. When playing games in Chrome, most controllers will work. When playing games in Firefox, only Xinput controllers on Windows will work. For a list of Xinput controllers, click here.

Support charity. Choose where the money goes -- between the developers, the American Red Cross, and, if you'd like, a second charity of your choice via the PayPal Giving Fund. For details on how this works, click here. If you like this bundle or like what we do, you can leave us a Humble Tip too.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The games on the first Humble Monthly were not really too interesting.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Might matter to some people, but apparently all the games are emulated using Nebula: https://twitter.com/Phase4_/status/674411245286518785
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB