smbx communitymario fan games galaxyirc.cat.bio

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1/2/3 Updated!)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1/2/3 Updated!)

Postby Alice » 2 years ago

LHB wrote:removed the in-game translation notes and put them in an alternate text file
Should you really have done this part though? No one is really going to be sitting there with an extra file open just to get all the information and some of those notes are fairly important for actually understanding certain bits from what I recall.

LHB

Postby LHB » 2 years ago

Alice wrote:Should you really have done this part though? No one is really going to be sitting there with an extra file open just to get all the information and some of those notes are fairly important for actually understanding certain bits from what I recall.
None of the translation notes are required to know how to do something in the game. They are mainly explanations of Japanese memes or pointing out references that most people wouldn't know beforehand. I didn't leave them in because they always seemed out of place in the actual game to me, but I can put them back in if people prefer it.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Postby Horikawa Otane » 2 years ago

LHB wrote:I took a little time to polish the current VIP 2 patch into something more official. Namely, I inserted the ultra-extended 56-character level names patch, made some of the graphics nicer, removed the in-game translation notes and put them in an alternate text file, and am currently working on some script editing.

VIP 2. This is where I'm at right now. If there aren't any major bugs I find in playtesting I should be able to finish in a couple days.
Don't bother. I'm rewriting this myself and improving the translation, etc. I have much higher standards now for translation and the art of translation than I did when I originally put this out. However if you want to give me your modified graphics, I wouldn't mind using them and crediting you.

I've talked to raocow about this and he'll be using my modified version when I release it.

For the sake of order, I'd prefer not to have a zillion translated VIP 2's out there. If you'd like, you can script edit my version when I'm done with it, though I would have final say on the finished wording as I've read the original.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

LHB

Postby LHB » 2 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:Don't bother. I'm rewriting this myself and improving the translation, etc. I have much higher standards now for translation and the art of translation than I did when I originally put this out. However if you want to give me your modified graphics, I wouldn't mind using them and crediting you.

I've talked to raocow about this and he'll be using my modified version when I release it.

For the sake of order, I'd prefer not to have a zillion translated VIP 2's out there. If you'd like, you can script edit my version when I'm done with it, though I would have final say on the finished wording as I've read the original.
Ok, here are the graphics. Link. Good luck with the rest of the project.

norwegianguy

Postby norwegianguy » 1 year ago

So i am guessing this project is dead.

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 1 year ago

norwegianguy wrote:So i am guessing this project is dead.
The project is not dead. Horikawa is not going to just drop this project like that, that is not a thing she does. Especially not when raocow intends to play them.
I imagine it's on the back burner for the time being since he's like a billion years from getting to VIP 4 and at least a few months from VIP 2 and also she's busy with MaGL X2 and like a billion other things.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

norwegianguy

Postby norwegianguy » 1 year ago

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
norwegianguy wrote:So i am guessing this project is dead.
The project is not dead. Horikawa is not going to just drop this project like that, that is not a thing she does. Especially not when raocow intends to play them.
I imagine it's on the back burner for the time being since he's like a billion years from getting to VIP 4 and at least a few months from VIP 2 and also she's busy with MaGL X2 and like a billion other things.
Heeeh.. i guess that`s true. I was just sort of bummed out because i was really looking forward to these translations. I`m fine with projects taking long time, but at least she could post an update or message explaining that this project is on hold.

GlitchMr
:)
First name: Konrad Borowski

Postby GlitchMr » 1 year ago

In VIP3 demo (at start of the game), there should be two message boxes, to match the change in an actual level.

Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Ryrir » 1 month ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:ping i guess
I just wanted to point out that your site seems to be down, in case you didn't already know that. It might be worth mirroring the translations somewhere else, just to be safe?

oh man bringing ancient threads back to life
this is getting laundromatic

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Postby Horikawa Otane » 1 month ago

Ryrir wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:ping i guess
I just wanted to point out that your site seems to be down, in case you didn't already know that. It might be worth mirroring the translations somewhere else, just to be safe?

oh man bringing ancient threads back to life
It's actually just moved to http://horikawaotane.com
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Return to “the cartridgé”