pge projectmario fan games galaxysmbx community

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1/2/3 Updated!)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1/2/3 Updated!)

Postby Horikawa Otane » 4 years ago

VIP 1: Complete (informal script edit by vgboy and moogy)
VIP 2: Complete (script edit by vgboy)
VIP 3: Complete (script edit by vgboy)
VIP 4: In-Progress

FAQ
1) I want to translate too! What should I do?

Download Lunar Magic and, optionally, Recover Lunar Magic if the ROM is locked. For graphics use yychr and just go through each extracted gfx/exgfx file and see if there's something to translate. Make SURE you have a working knowledge of Japanese before trying though! Mario hacks are riddled with slang, shortened words, and often misleading typos! This means that even if you can read books or play some games, this language might be difficult for you. A good test is - "Can I play a video game with a decent amount of text, entirely in Japanese, and get at least the gist of each scene enough to get the story and get through the game? Can I do this without a dictionary?"

2) Can you translate X for me?

The answer will almost certainly be no. Right now, my fun translation time is split between the VIPs and my Secret Project.

3) Can you give me tips for translation?

If you're translating hacks, the best source on the whole Internet is invariably http://dic.nicovideo.jp. This site will help you look up slang and memes. Outside of that, remember that often if you can't make out a word, try to read it as a sound, even if it's hiragana. There are some English ones there (Yahoo! Oh yay!) that can be confusing based on the way they're written or rendered. Experience will help with this. Also be sure to invest in a good dictionary (I use 「大辞泉」and 「大辞林」) and use online ones if you can't afford one. Remember - don't be too literal. Get as much of the meaning in there as you can within the box constraints. Experience is the only way to learn this. Also, if a translation doesn't make sense, it isn't right. Period. If you have the choice between "Dodge the Beefsteak" and "Dodge the Enemies" - pick the clearly right one. Similarly, if it doesn't seem as if there is a clear alternative way to translate something and it STILL makes no sense (Oyster's "TenTens While Changing Clothes"), you're doing it wrong. Remember the "rules" of rendaku and reinterpret. Alternatively, ask a native speaker or a more experienced translator. Or even an equally or less experienced one. Sometimes a fresh perspective is all you need! However, be aware some text will just be references for the sake of semi-relevent-reference (Asshimar/12,000 years ago and Hyuururirara). Try to translate them as best as you can and leave room for explanation of the references if possible.

4) What about VIP 6?

I will translate VIP 6 when it is released.

5) How much of the game are you translating?

All of it. My goal is to remove any and all Japanese characters from the game. If someone puts their name in Japanese in the credits, I will render it in English. Graphics are also being translated.

6) How long does it take to translate a VIP game?

The stage names take a total of about 2-3 hours, depending in how many memes I need to look up. The flavour text is the longest and takes 10 or so hours total to get just right. A lot of that is looking things up, researching slang, and finding out how to fit it in the box properly. The culture notes take like 20 minutes or so. The boss text takes about an hour. The graphical elements are the most annoying part and a full game takes 4 or so hours of editing, but it's really annoying work.

7) How do you get around English taking up more space than Japanese?

First, you need to understand that this is not ALWAYS true. Often Japanese takes 10+ characters to say something very basic in English - "Can I do X" or "Hello" even. However, you are correct in that fitting English in can be a real difficulty. The best examples for this are in the sprites. For example, Pokey's sprite in VIP 2 is a Moji Pittan riding a bunch of blocks that say 「図」. Well, Moji Pittan comes from a game very similar to scrabble and that character basically references the chart-ish nature of the Moji Pittan board. Although I could fit "Chart," it wouldn't impart the meaning, which is the most important aspect of translation. I also couldn't fit in "The character above is Moji Pittan. These blocks reference the board in his game!" =P. Therefore, I had to go less direct 1-1 translation and I just went ahead and wrote "Moji Pittan." It BARELY fit and I had to do some tricks with layers of characters (Moji/Pitt/an) to get it in. With this information though the player, should they care, could google and find out about Moji Pittan and possibly even what the blocks are.

tldr - be creative and don't concern yourself with direct or literal translations! Focus on the 「意味」 rather than what the dictionary says.
VIP 1

Stage Names: 100%

Flavour Text: 100%

Boss Text: 100%

Culture Notes:: 100%

Graphical Elements 100%

VIP 1 Sample Images:
Download - Latest Version Released 06/03/13
The attachment VIP 1 v4.00.ips is no longer available
VIP 2

Graphical Elements 100%

VIP 2 Sample Images:
Download - Latest Version Released 16/05/13
VIP 3 v1.71.zip
---1.71---

Fixed reference to TDN.
One translation improved on world name
Fixed graphical errors on Wendy's Castle and Sea of Trees!
Fixed translation of some block-text that you can literally only see with debug mode. But it's fixed.

---1.51-2---

Fixed Kaizo General graphical bug.
Fixed explanation on Yaruo to be somewhat more accurate.

---1.50 Release---

Roughly 20 or so changes made by vgboy to the text. These range from some incredibly well-made text suggestions (he has a way with words) to minor spacing problems and some really great translation errors he caught. Big props to her on this one!

Two or three additional changes suggested and minor typoes found by users LHB on the talkhaus and 8azaz22 on YouTube.

---Initial Release---

There are some graphical bugs on Wendy's Castle and A Bustling Sea of Trees.
(589.39 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
VIP 3

Graphical Elements 100%

VIP 3 Sample Images:
Download - Latest Version Released 06/03/13
VIP 1 v4.00.ips
Changelog:

---4.00---

Two or three translation or wording issues fixed
Occasional graphical bugs on Bowser fixed
Stability fixes

---3.55-Master---

Fixed Explosion Translation
Typo fixed on Boon's Tricky Mansion (thrown->throw)

----3.50-Master Changes----

FULL sprite translation
FULL lineart and coin-art translation
Minor script edit to make more natural sounding text in places
Koopa is now Bowser
Koopa-Kid is now Koopaling

----Changes from 3.25-Final----

Made text on Boon's Mansion more natural within the barbaric message box constraints.
Made text on "Smooooth" much more natural sounding and less literal.
English improved on Morton's Boss Dialogue
Caped-Koopa Forest changed to Super-Koopa Forest
Translation improved/clarified and wording improved on The Goal is Already Before Our Eyes?

---Changes from 3.00-Final----

Changed one message box and made the post-Larry-boss-battle one clearer
Fixed one mistranslation, made two significantly better.
Fixed 032's box placement.
Added additional explanation and changed name of "Sea of Crazy" to "Sea of Madness."
Figured out the stupid Warp Zone "AAAAAAA" error. Fixed!
Typo Fixed (The Horrifying ----- no longer has glitches)
Forgot to put one text box in - fixed.
Two spelling errors fixed
Patch now requires unmodified SMW ROM

----Changes from 1.xx----

Map 32 replicated by morsel/morceau. As well as 7E and 3F.
Used xkas and the longer-name texthack to better fit in level names
Removed all of the name explanation boxes.
Fixed graphical bugs on "The Horrifying ----"

Unless someone notices something else, this is the final version of VIP 1 before I move to VIP 2.
(600.69 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
VIP 4

Stage Names: 0%

Flavour Text: 35%

Culture Notes:: 30%

Graphical Elements 0%

VIP 4 Sample Images:
ImageImage
VIP 5

Stage Names: 0%

Flavour Text: 0%

Boss Text: 0%

Culture Notes:: 0%

Graphical Elements 0%
Last edited by Horikawa Otane on 16 May 2013, 05:16, edited 196 times in total.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Ashan
It's easier than you think to look pioneer .
First name: Hayden

Re: Oyster-Free VIP!

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure this was brought up during rao's VIP5 run, but I thought that we decided it wouldn't be possible to do an English patch since Japanese is such a condensed language that the English translations wouldn't fit in the text boxes.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Ashanmaril wrote:I'm pretty sure this was brought up during rao's VIP5 run, but I thought that we decided it wouldn't be possible to do an English patch since Japanese is such a condensed language that the English translations wouldn't fit in the text boxes.
MOST levels are fine.

For the ones that aren't...

Well, the way I'm getting around that is two-fold

1) Cutting spaces when it's easy to do so. Rolling Thunder Lemmy becomes RollingThunderLemmy. Easy to read, etc. I'm also using abbreviations. Undrgrnd for underground, etc.
I HAVE NOT USED THIS MUCH. Like 3-5 times.

2) Having a translation in the level title that portrays the meaning as best I can, then going in and adding text to the info boxes, surrounded by dashes. For example I'll add "--So Sadistic It's Scary is a more accurate translation-- to an existing box. Or add a new box near the beginning.

I am also adding dialogue box, boxes near the beginning with culture notes for names that require explanation. Thus far it's working great!

For those at all interested, here's the list of the remaining culture or "better translation" changes that remain to be made. I have the translations done, just need to edit or add details that wouldn't fit in 19 characters.

001: てきをかわせ! (IF I keep "Dodge the beefsteak" I'll add the real translation via method 2, otherwise I won't need to do anything at all)
023: フグマンネンの恐怖 (culture explanation needed)
01C: 水没しかけのお城 (name too long to portray well)
00B: ワナ!なぞ?ネタw (same)
00E: おばけ屋敷と親玉テレサ * (same)
01A: ケンチャナヨブリッジ * (need to designate it as a Korean word and give better interpretation than "OK," though that's what I'm using in my level title)
10E: またんきパーク (oh dear. Bonus points to those who get this one... It's dirty-ish. A hint: think backwards...)
016: 駆け抜けろ地下大河 * (name too long)
01D: 戦慄の(ry (this one is cool. It's like... Fill in the blank)
018: 雲を貫く砦 (I have NO idea where Oyster got his translation for this one! Name's too long though)
005: 砲撃を避けながら いざ進め (Same here!)
108: クッパ城 別荘 (really I just need to say C.Koopa is "Castle Koopa" on these)
109: ゴールはもう 目の前にある * (Name too long)
022: 電波の海 (Need to explain Denpa... It's like crazy, but the sort of tin-foil hat crazy)
112: ふぶきの ひこうせん * (looking for a good translation to English. Blizzard Airship is fine. But...)
118: クッパ城入口
117: ブーンのからくり屋敷 (Name too long. Incidentally, I like Oyster's translation on this!)
119: クッパ城裏口 *
105: ケンチャナヨブリッジ-R *
107: uniga * (this one is fun)
011: びっくりするほど いやらしい (Some grammar explanation needed)
110: おそろしいほど サディスティク (same)
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Cirno

Postby Cirno » 4 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote: 001: てきをかわせ! (IF I keep "Dodge the beefsteak" I'll add the real translation via method 2, otherwise I won't need to do anything at all) Keep it!
10E: またんきパーク (oh dear. Bonus points to those who get this one... It's dirty-ish. A hint: think backwards...) Koopastone Park?
112: ふぶきの ひこうせん * (looking for a good translation to English. Blizzard Airship is fine. But...) Blizzarding Airship? Blizzarding isn't a word, but it sounds nice here
117: ブーンのからくり屋敷 (Name too long. Incidentally, I like Oyster's translation on this!) Boon's MechaMansion?
119: クッパ城裏口 * In the original SMW, they just translated this to "Back Door" so maybe you should follow that trend?
107: uniga * (this one is fun) vgboy said it's just "Urchin" but it could probably use a better translation
Gave some of my input. Don't take it too strictly, it's mostly suggestions for how to make the translations sound nice.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Cirno wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote: 001: てきをかわせ! (IF I keep "Dodge the beefsteak" I'll add the real translation via method 2, otherwise I won't need to do anything at all) Keep it!
10E: またんきパーク (oh dear. Bonus points to those who get this one... It's dirty-ish. A hint: think backwards...) Koopastone Park?
112: ふぶきの ひこうせん * (looking for a good translation to English. Blizzard Airship is fine. But...) Blizzarding Airship? Blizzarding isn't a word, but it sounds nice here
117: ブーンのからくり屋敷 (Name too long. Incidentally, I like Oyster's translation on this!) Boon's MechaMansion?
119: クッパ城裏口 * In the original SMW, they just translated this to "Back Door" so maybe you should follow that trend?
107: uniga * (this one is fun) vgboy said it's just "Urchin" but it could probably use a better translation
Gave some of my input. Don't take it too strictly, it's mostly suggestions for how to make the translations sound nice.
Looks like I'm keeping beefsteak =P.

Koopastone... Isn't right =P. Here's another hint... So in Japan, often they'll say words backwards to hide their meaning. It's popular with kids especially when they want to talk about things behind people's backs. It's a bit like pig Latin... So reverse matanki and you get the meaning.

Blizzarding and "Blizzarded" Airship are translation possibilities... If you google pictures of this phrase and substitute airship for car you see a lot of buried cars and stuff... But also some cars that are surviving blizzards to, for example, drive Santa around. It's a conceptual abstraction we don't have in English, so abstracting it to that level is hard. Specific would be easy =P.

Boon's MechaMansion it is! It totally fits the space constraints!

Back Door is fine. It's an accurate translation.

uniga is interesting. Uni is sea urchin and ga is a particle. That it's in English is a SUPER emphatic. So it's like "THE SEA URCHINS ARE...!"

peteyboo

Postby peteyboo » 4 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote: So reverse matanki and you get the meaning.

uniga is interesting. Uni is sea urchin and ga is a particle. That it's in English is a SUPER emphatic. So it's like "THE SEA URCHINS ARE...!"
I am quite amused at that first thing. I don't know why.

Their English name is Urchin, so if you need space, it would be best just to keep it as "Urchin". Couldn't the title also be "Urchins, but..."? I don't remember the level, so I dunno which would be more appropriate.
My LPs, and a bunch of other things
This is a squirrel. He lives in D.C. and eats Mini Oreos.

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

Ashanmaril wrote:I'm pretty sure this was brought up during rao's VIP5 run, but I thought that we decided it wouldn't be possible to do an English patch since Japanese is such a condensed language that the English translations wouldn't fit in the text boxes.
They could always use the patches that allow several message boxes per level and extend the level names if necessary.

yoshicookiezeus
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby yoshicookiezeus » 4 years ago

Or you could use the VWF dialogues patch; it's slightly more complicated to use, but it allows you to have a single message box contain pretty much as much text as you want.
My Youtube channel (mostly dead)

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Or you could use the VWF dialogues patch; it's slightly more complicated to use, but it allows you to have a single message box contain pretty much as much text as you want.
Anything that requires more than Lunar Magic is sort of out for me... I have like no experience in this x.x.

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 4 years ago

I'll be waiting for your VIP2 release before my own run! Not that it has been going anywhere since I'm stuck at the random submap level! (making it a VIP coin run didn't help either).

Thank you for this hard work of yours, I just wish I knew about this before I started VIP1. The translation I'm using is quite meh.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

aterraformer wrote:I'll be waiting for your VIP2 release before my own run! Not that it has been going anywhere since I'm stuck at the random submap level! (making it a VIP coin run didn't help either).

Thank you for this hard work of yours, I just wish I knew about this before I started VIP1. The translation I'm using is quite meh.
You probably won't have to wait too long.

I'm going to get the VIP1 translation done tonight, most likely. If not tonight, definitely tomorrow morning-ish. So in-total, translating all of VIP1 accurately took me... Three days? VIP2 should actually be easier for a number of reasons. So I suspect I MAY have VIP2 either done or mostly done by Sunday or Monday...

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Or you could use the VWF dialogues patch; it's slightly more complicated to use, but it allows you to have a single message box contain pretty much as much text as you want.
That may have actually been the message box patch I was thinking of.

Also, Horikawa, you may be able to find someone who does know how to use these patches that would be willing to help you. Or at least someone who knows how to who would be willing to help you figure it out.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

OKAY. As of now the entire thing has been translated, though sometimes I had to leave minor things out (smiley faces - though most are still there!, lines that didn't matter, some of the grammar nuances). The important thing here is that MOST of the time I got everything in - and when I didn't, I got the meaning through well.

A good example is the most difficult to translate box in the game, imho. In the level "Smoooooth" there is a text-box you can get that explains that, though there were pipes earlier near the blue and dragon coins, you couldn't enter them by pressing the left key while flying.

Well, I changed "pressing the left key while flying" to "the cape bounce," saving a bunch of characters - and everyone knows what it is. And I shortened that explanation to the best I could and then mentioned that there is now collision detection and that, at some point in the future (from here), you can enter a pipe with 'the cape bounce.' I had to drop a TON of the original language - but the meaning carried through well, I think!

I would say with the current setup, a person could go in, play VIP 1, and have fun and get as close to a full experience as one is likely going to get without a ridiculous amount of extra work that simply isn't worth it.

Honestly, the ONLY time I felt like I needed to have more space and that the thing was insufficient was the time I wanted to say "this is a Japanese meme for threads on 2chan" for the super-mega-ultra-secret bar scene. Didn't have the space. Other than that, I think all the meaning came across fine.

And yes, I'm keeping Dodge the Beefsteak.

Let me put in a couple culture blocks, make a patch, and it'll be released in an hour or two!

CM30

Postby CM30 » 4 years ago

Wouldn't recommend making any major changes like that, they might cause the asm to break. Seriously, I've used the VWF Dialogues patch before, and it broke quite a few of carol's layer 2 bosses. If you used it on VIP 2, 3, 4 or 5, it could theoretically break the final boss or the one in Bowser's Castle.

There's also the fact Lunar Magic 1.7's ASM hacks could break the VIP series, there's apparently more room in VRAM or something without the BG 2 and 3 hack that Lunar Magic 1.7 onwards adds in. It's why carol never ported Brutal Mario to 1.7 and probably why VIP 1-5 were made in version 1.6.

But back to the topic, should be interesting to see how you translate the rest of the VIP series. Might actually make it more playable too.

morsel/morceau

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 Translation Released!)

Postby morsel/morceau » 4 years ago

Level 32 is completely borked. Seems to be a result of unlocking the original. Can't find any other levels which have been affected, though.
dont wanna jihad no more

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

morsel/morceau wrote:Level 32 is completely borked. Seems to be a result of unlocking the original. Can't find any other levels which have been affected, though.
Reconstructed it! Except for a few extra coins, it's basically the same as the original (I think I got my spacing SLIGHTLY off for the long fall).

You can now complete the level as normal. Thanks for pointing this out - this is the stuff I need to hear and fix! (incidentally "The Horrible _____" has an issue where the first screen has some graphical glitches. Once you go a couple steps though it fixes itself, so I don't really know if it's worth someone going into the code and seeing what happened there. Probably also happened when it was unlocked).

Version 1.1 is now uploaded with that repair!

edit: Version 1.11 has been uploaded with a fix-ish to the Layer 2 problems of the Eternal Pufferfish level (the dialogue box turned Layer 2 off. Now the dialogue box is at the end of the level so it no longer matters if layer 2 is turned off).

morsel/morceau

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 v1.111 Translation Released!)

I took the liberty of making an exact replica of level 32 for you (there are some powerups, a Dragon coin and some other necessary things). For future reference, this was partly using the wiki: http://wikiwiki.jp/vipmariok/, which has screenshots of most levels, and partly playing the level in the final version (sometimes the screenshots will be out of date). It might be useful to note that there's also a free-roam debug code that may help in reconstructing other levels if you need to in future.
dont wanna jihad no more

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 v1.111 Translation Released!)

morsel/morceau wrote:I took the liberty of making an exact replica of level 32 for you (there are some powerups, a Dragon coin and some other necessary things). For future reference, this was partly using the wiki: http://wikiwiki.jp/vipmariok/, which has screenshots of most levels, and partly playing the level in the final version (sometimes the screenshots will be out of date). It might be useful to note that there's also a free-roam debug code that may help in reconstructing other levels if you need to in future.
Uploaded! That site is also what I used to reconstruct the level, oddly enough. Yours is much better though =P.

Free-roam debug?

vgboy

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 v1.2 Translation Released!)

Postby vgboy » 4 years ago

You might want to edit quotation marks into the font to use instead of brackets, it looks kind of weird.

Matanki is the name of the guys who replace jumping Piranhas, so technically Matanki Park would be right. But maybe Dixie Park?

I'm now thinking either "URCHINS." or "omg urchins" for uniga.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 v1.2 Translation Released!)

vgboy wrote:You might want to edit quotation marks into the font to use instead of brackets, it looks kind of weird.

Matanki is the name of the guys who replace jumping Piranhas, so technically Matanki Park would be right. But maybe Dixie Park?

I'm now thinking either "URCHINS." or "omg urchins" for uniga.
Are those called Matanki too? When I was researching it, I saw one ENGLISH speaker mention it, but I could find no mention of that from any Japanese source, so I became skeptical. My GUESS is that English source assumed that they were because of that level. If you can find a Japanese source that explains that, I'll gladly change it. Otherwise, I'm keeping that as it is.

edit: APPARENTLY the AA-VIP edition, whatever that is, went and explained that those VIP creatures are Matanki (they are certainly not called that in the base game =P). So I need to add another message box there explaining both the pun and the meaning.

I did, however, find a couple explanations stating that Matanki was one of those words said backwards.

Incidentally, I totally mistranslated something in that level! Apparently P-Pakkun is a reference to the Jumping Piranha Plants, not the Munchers or whatever. Lemme fix that and re-upload.

edit 2: Also, keeping URCHINS. I like it!

(And I don't know how to edit in quotes, so...)

morsel/morceau

Horikawa Otane wrote:incidentally "The Horrible _____" has an issue where the first screen has some graphical glitches. Once you go a couple steps though it fixes itself, so I don't really know if it's worth someone going into the code and seeing what happened there. Probably also happened when it was unlocked).
I found out this wasn't the result of unlocking - it came about by saving with the new lunar magic. The problem is the VRAM patch lunar magic installs when you save a level. You need to go into lunar magic's options menu and untick this option, then you can edit the level and save it without any problems.

Unfortunately, once this patch is installed, there's no way to uninstall it (I think) - you need to start from the beginning on the "clean" vip 1 rom. The VRAM patch may well conflict with other stuff, so this is likely worth doing.
dont wanna jihad no more

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

morsel/morceau wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:incidentally "The Horrible _____" has an issue where the first screen has some graphical glitches. Once you go a couple steps though it fixes itself, so I don't really know if it's worth someone going into the code and seeing what happened there. Probably also happened when it was unlocked).
I found out this wasn't the result of unlocking - it came about by saving with the new lunar magic. The problem is the VRAM patch lunar magic installs when you save a level. You need to go into lunar magic's options menu and untick this option, then you can edit the level and save it without any problems.

Unfortunately, once this patch is installed, there's no way to uninstall it (I think) - you need to start from the beginning on the "clean" vip 1 rom. The VRAM patch may well conflict with other stuff, so this is likely worth doing.
I'll do this in v2.0. HOWEVER, I'd like to fix 03F first. Any ideas on how to do that? I've tried opening the rom with older versions of Lunar Magic to no avail.

morsel/morceau

Re: Oyster-Free VIP! (VIP 1 v1.25 Translation Released!)

Looks like another bug from using recover lunar magic. 7E is missing level data as well. It seems (what 32, 3F and 7E have in common) that vertical sublevels in the 25-100 range are the ones to watch after unlocking. These will have to be reconstructed.

Fortunately, the guy who made rlm fixed a lot of bugs with the VIP series (up to 4) in particular in his last release so this type of problem should be minimal; unfortunately, he went inactive some time before VIP 5 was released. This hack will have a black screen after the presents screen after running rlm1.2, and garbled graphics after running rlm1.4.

3F was easy to reconstruct and 7E was interesting (there's no screenshot and the gimmick of the level is breakable tiles that look like normal tiles - there's also some invisible blocks in the level). Haven't tested in game, please be sure to double-check:
dont wanna jihad no more

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

morsel/morceau wrote:Looks like another bug from using recover lunar magic. 7E is missing level data as well. It seems (what 32, 3F and 7E have in common) that vertical sublevels in the 25-100 range are the ones to watch after unlocking. These will have to be reconstructed.

Fortunately, the guy who made rlm fixed a lot of bugs with the VIP series (up to 4) in particular in his last release so this type of problem should be minimal; unfortunately, he went inactive some time before VIP 5 was released. This hack will have a black screen after the presents screen after running rlm1.2, and garbled graphics after running rlm1.4.

3F was easy to reconstruct and 7E was interesting (there's no screenshot and the gimmick of the level is breakable tiles that look like normal tiles - there's also some invisible blocks in the level). Haven't tested in game, please be sure to double-check:
Sorry, life has been busy (I'm taking 20 upper level credits, working two jobs, doing two internships, doing piano lessons, and going to a personal trainer twice a week! Plus being in one tabletop game and running another). This weekend I'm doing 20 hour days (not fun!), but next weekend I should have time to go through, rebuild vertical levels that screw up, and get 2.0-final released.

Then I'll start work on VIP 2. ETA on that one SHOULD be.... 10/12/2012 or thereabouts. Plus or minus a couple days, then a day or two for quality assurance. VIP 3-5 should follow each taking about a week-a week and a half.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 4 years ago

I,m seriously thinking it would have been simpler to just have them in .txt files at this point, if it demands that much extra world going so far as REBUILDING LEVELS, hahaha
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Return to “the cartridgé”