(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
marrub
xevv va rkvyr
First name: alison
Pronouns: they/any

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by marrub »

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
apparently machine gun kiss 100 score is easy because summertime groove is impossible
either because it's a new song or it's too fucking hyper for me i randomly press the wrong button in a panic every time
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

F-Zero 99 had yet another update. Amazing how they've kept this going longer than SMB35 and actually added a ton of stuff to it. Now we're getting mirror tracks and cups that also feature new obstacles like bouncy walls or just speed booster pellets scattered along the ground. I am very impressed with this game as it continues to be one of the best free* time wasters out there.

*With an NSO subscription
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Dragon Quest V DS - Happy birthday to me, 27 feet tall macro

Getting equipped at Precaria before Mt. Sucks Wang Zugzwang. I think I overlevelled bc I got rused by the prices of stuff in Whealbrook and Lofty Peak and I was trying to build up a backup party (Don't.)

Gonna sleep now because I've been up for like 17 hours jfc
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Finished off Princess Peach: Showtime.

I beat the main game a couple days ago, and 100% tonight.

It's uh... quite unimpressive overall. It's just ridiculously easy, you kinda just move forward and mash B. The game makes it very hard to ever lose. But then on the other hand, the completionist story is just tedious as hell, as I've mentioned. And once you finish the game it unlocks a whole new set of collectibles to get in every level, which are mostly pretty easy to find except for a couple that are hidden pretty dickishly. But it basically just means you're gonna have to do all the levels one more time. And this is after I've already had to do basically all the levels a couple times, if not more. I started just looking up guides for the locations cause I wasn't interested in doing multiple additional playthroughs of these levels; I committed to the 100% and I wanted to spend as little time as possible because I wasn't having much fun.

And once again refer to previous criticisms that the cutscenes are unskippable and dialogue moves at its own pace so you can't mash through it. Which is an odd decision for a game designed for babies? I could barely keep up reading dialogue sometimes because some of the dialogue happens in real time during gameplay so I was too focused on playing to be able to read what people are saying. The demographic this game seems to be targeting are like, below reading age so they're certainly not going to be able to keep up.

Beating the game also unlocked boss challenges which again were just tedious cause bosses are mostly waiting around. They tend to not clearly indicate what they're doing, or how you're supposed to deal with certain things. It didn't make them hard, it just made them awkward and I didn't feel satisfied after beating them. There was basically only 1 boss fight I thought was kinda fun, and it was less of a boss fight and more of a stealth level.

There's a lot about this game that just doesn't seem well thought-out. You can get dresses as rewards and purchase them with money in the store in the hub, and some of them have pretty cool designs, but... Peach is almost never in the state where she'll wear the dress you've selected. The entire premise of the game is she's wearing costumes, so what's the point in customizing her dress if you never see it? The little sprite sidekick character can also be customized but she takes up all of 3 pixels on the screen so you forget she's even present most of the time. After you beat the game you can spend the gems you collected to decorate the theatre. But you've already basically done everything in the game at this point, the theatre doesn't have anything interesting to explore -- it's just the same simple open floor plan copy pasted 5 times so I basically just bought the decorations out of obligation for the 100% completion.

And let's not forget about the performance in this game. Super Mario Odyssey came out in 2017 -- the year of the Switch's release -- and ran at a consistent 60fps. This game doesn't even look that good, has less open environments, and for some reason struggles to maintain a stable 30fps. Pretty lame!

Anyway, yeah. I would not recommend shelling out full price for this game like I did. I can see why Nintendo is charging full price, because the Mario movie is still fresh in the minds of kids, and surely there will be a bunch of little girls begging their parents to buy the Peach game (they literally update the cover art of the game to look less like how Peach actually looks in the game, and more like she does in the Mario movie) so might as well squeeze out as much money as you can from them. But man, that's almost $90 in Canada. Not worth it at all. I imagine in the future this will be one of those rare Nintendo games that occasionally goes on sale, so if you have any interest in playing it and can wait, then do that. Or borrow it from a friend. Or pirate it, who cares. I'm very underwhelmed.

I never played Super Princess Peach but at least that actually looked like a game and I'd bet it's much more fun than this. And that was the one where her special ability was to cry.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Dragon Quest V DS - Cleared. Taking a break for now to draw a bit before I do Estark and get most of the missing knick-knacks (actually I think it's just the Faerie Quill).

EDIT: Did everything but getting the Catas Trophy, Estark record: 54 turns.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Turrican 1 - Kind of halted for a bit until I finish testing the Amiga cracks I can find. Paranoimia's is dogshit and it keeps triggering the Stage 1-3 copy protection, by refusing to spawn the elevator box. I don't wanna go trainer-less, and I don't want to set up the game loader application within AmigaOS inside WinUAE.

Super fun game and the sheer amount of lives it tosses at you is actually pretty charming, but if you take the time to learn it it's actually quite forgiving, which surprises me quite a bit. Then again this is from 1990.

Actually did not know Super Turrican on SNES was a remake of this, I legit thought it was like a weird version of Turrican 3, I understood the very moment I saw The Giant Fist Boy™.

Anyway I'm going through an anxiety spell at the prospect of being alone with my thoughts for the evening so :monstrosity:

EDIT: Tristar and Red Sector's crack worked, using Australian Crackers United's trainer for infinite lives. At Stage 2-1.
Image Image
Noelle
I only exist inside those people who are aware of my existence.
First name: No-L
Pronouns: she/bog witch ❦

Post by Noelle »

I played a bit of Sonic Time Twisted, it's a really nice fangame. The pixel art and presentation is amazing, and feels overall like what you'd expect from a Sonic game from the 90s for the 32-X or Sega CD. But it's not just about the looks, it plays great too. It's a lot like Sonic CD, but good with more traditional level design, which is great, because it results in sprawling levels that are great to explore and just play around, but without feeling messy, and unlike Sonic CD if you don't feel like exploring, there's still a level for you to play and you can't just ignore all of it.

My favorite thing might be the shields, there's a huge variety of them, from the classic elemental ones, to completely new ones. Special mention to the tornado one, which just feels proper in classic Sonic and is a shame isn't official, because it complements the gameplay so damn well, adding a lot of air mobility. The bosses are also great.

All in all, it's a 2D Sonic, if you like those, you will like this.
:ace_pride: "No matter where you go, everyone is connected."
:mgmnds:

You are too big to be a slug.

lifelike noise
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Turrican 1 - At Stage 4-1, might finish it tonight. World 3 is a goddamned nightmare @A@

Secret of Mana Turbo - I mean, since I beat vanilla Secret of Mana ages ago... This hack is pretty good, it removes the stamina system entirely, which speeds up the gameplay, has the option of disabling the gameplay pausing during spell casting, and to counter those two, it has a slight difficulty boost.

It's the ideal way to play I feel, especially paired with the Reborn patch that it includes as well. Elevates it to the same level of the other Mana games I've played so far (Adventures, Trials, Legend, Sword). Just levelling up weapons and magic before Axe Beak.
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 1 month ago Now... more puzzle games? An action game? Maybe something old, maybe something new, maybe a very short indie... :catplanet:
March

ETHEREAL! A minimalist abstract puzzle game where you can only move left and right, or phase up and down through walls, and interact with various puzzle elements to make things shift and move to enable you to navigate. 4 worlds each with their own puzzly hub, each world has 6 levels, and there's a final sequence for a grand total of 25. Should take only a few hours, I spent way more time with it idling and poking at it between other things. Supposed to be introspective, but really it's just kind of a pretty, melodic toy.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge! With the re-release of the C&C titles on Steam, I decided to play this one again since I was nostalgic for it, and last time I'd tried the game crashed any time I alt-tabbed. These new builds worked much better, and were a solid 10-hours-per-campaign with four campaigns. I'm still bad at RTS but it's fun to play the scripted missions and hear the hammy voice acting and build KIROVS AND APOCALYPSE TANKS! HAAAH! Er, anyway. I played Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection (that's the original and Red Alert 1) almost three years ago now, so this was long overdue. Weird things I noted while playing: a lack of invidual unit quotes for vehicles (Soviet vehicles in particular) in RA2, that was remedied in Yuri's Revenge but not patched into base RA2; and a complete lack of a Yuri campaign in YR, despite the fact he's clearly a full faction with his own unit types and superweapons. He does seem to lack a bit of variety though, seemingly having no air units and only one type of nautical unit. Oh well, it was worth the revisit!

Covemount! That's a Warp! Pultimush! Lorgeban! Nabogorf! Mountinuum! Powermount! Ueqouow! Covejank! Wallmount! Cavemount! Permaban! CYOM! Trovemount! Covechrome! Mayban! aka. Hempuli's Tiny block-pushers series! So the creator of the delightful and ingenious Baba is You has been experimenting with the fundamentals of the sokoban formula once again, as one might expect. The result is sixteen and counting distinct games in their own personal microgenre of covemountlikes with an emphasis on rule-discovery and variations on the theme. Covemount is based on move count, Warp is based on warp tiles, Pulti is about multipush blocks, and some like Nabogorf are nigh-impossible to describe. I've cleared most of them properly except for Mountinuum, which was deeply frustrating, and Permaban which was just too hard for me.
Delightful if you're into the usual culprits - Baba, Sausage, Expedition, etc.

Perpetuity

Warframe: farmed up Dante and the two new weapons, the Onos and the Ruvox. Easy grind in one of my favourite mission types (Disruption) on the new and wonderful tileset (Entrati Lab). Got the weapons, waiting on the scholar to build.

Final Fantasy XIV: More Minimum-Item-No-Echo runs of alliance raids, have done the Stormblood ones - Orbonne was a delightful but intense finale. Has been good overall! Not actually as much difference as I would have thought, probably because people joining us through Party Finder actually want challenging content, whereas a random alliance raid may well have incompetent ninnies who don't know to show hole to the mustache man inexperienced players and people expecting easier content. Anyway, the biggest thing for me right now in XIV is that our girlfriend has finally reached Shadowbringers, my wife's favourite expansion, so we're all playing it together - as a newcomer, on a level-skipped alt, and myself using New Game+ respectively. Great time, at least until I got to Il Mheg and the headache I got the first time around came back with a blinding vengeance! Going to solve that soon with a spot of regicide, thankfully, and then we can get deep into the real meat of the plot.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Continuing on my theme of playing games that released on March 22, 2024 I started playing through Rise of the Ronin.

This game wasn't even super on my radar? I think I had seen some trailers for it while watching Summer Video Game Commercials but it didn't stand out to me much. I saw it mentioned on twitter by Lance McDonald of Bloodborne/Souls/PT/Neir hacking fame, and he said it was his most anticipated game or something. Then at some point another account I follow that posts about game deals in Canada posted that The Source (Canadian electronics chain) had the game listed for preorder on its site for $65 for some reason? It was even highlighted in the tweet as "probably a mistake," and I figured I could give it a shot putting in a preorder and seeing if they don't just refund everyone when they realize their mistake. Well, the game's release came and I got a shipping confirmation and sure enough the game showed up at my house. A few days after release, but I was busy with the dumb Peach game anyway. I still don't know what happened there other than it being a mistake but they honored the people who preordered anyway. If I go and check any site right now, including the source, the game is being sold at the new standard next-gen game Canadian price of $90!

But anyway, yeah it's another Team Ninja soulslike. Or perhaps an eldenringlike, with it being more open world.

I played the first Nioh a few years ago (I happen to remember it was the last game I played through before covid ended the world -- I finished it off March 12, 2020 according to my games beaten list for that year). I remember it having a solid enough combat system, but it wasn't my favorite overall experience. The missions were in repetitive maps that got old fast, every enemy exploded with loot drops like a pinata and made for a bunch of boring, obligatory inventory management between levels, there were so many mechanics that seemed to be mostly useless cause I never really got a hang of them and did just fine, the story made no sense to me and had a bunch of historical figures whose names meant nothing to me, etc.

This game at the very least fixes up the bigger of those issues that I had with the game. There's still the issue that there's just too many mechanics. I don't know how many hours I have in the game at this point, but I'm still getting tutorials, including repeated explanations for things I've already had explained. You still get too much loot, but I'm continuing to use my attitude I learned in Nioh where I just remind myself to not worry about staring at numbers and min-maxing. They have all these weapon upgrade mechanics that seem overly complicated, but again it seems to be like Nioh where you can spend all this time figuring out how to upgrade your weapon, then you go and kill an enemy that drops a way better weapon anyway, so why would I bother? I still don't understand a lot of mechanics in the game, but again I seem to be able to get by without learning them so far. The issue of repetitive maps is gone because it's a big open world. Not that it's densely packed with things to do, and you have fast travel right from the beginning once you're out of the tutorial, but I don't feel like I'm running through the same map over and over again like I did in Nioh. The story seems to once again involve irl historical figures, but at the very least it seems like I'm following my character's own mission that feels like I'm working towards something, rather than just randomly schmoozing with Japanese emperors or whatever. I understand the individual missions, I'm not just going into repeated maps and killing guys over and over again.

There's a dumping of observations. I'm having fun anyway. People have criticized the game for not looking particularly amazing, and yeah it's not like crazy "wow look at the uncanny valley modern consoles can pull off!" But it runs at 60fps and load times are quick so who cares. I have trouble engaging in twitter video game criticism that usually boils down to "look at this bad screenshot!"
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Felt like clearing up a bit from the digital game pile and took down Panzer Dragoon: Remake tonight. It's one of those games that was probably really impressive in the mid-90s with the whole 360-degree rail shooter deal, but it's just a quick one hour playthrough here without any bells or whistles. Only lost one life in the whole run on normal. Fun enough for a quick run if you can get it when it's on sale like I did. Next!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Secret of Mana Turbo - God I have. NO idea how the springs work in this hack. I accidentally triggered the new one in Kakkara that sends me to the Turtle Island where you can buy the Sea Hare's Tail, and it took me like 18 tries of finagling to get sent somewhere else (Todo Village in the Ice Country). And then after restoring the Fire Seed I couldn't get it to send me anywhere like wtf??

Did everything up to restoring the Fire Seed and heading to the ruins east of Northtown, lost against Doom's Wall (Satan's Wall in the Reborn script). The fact bosses can just fuck up your attacks by buffing you with the elemental affinity they're strong against is super good. Doom's Wall really needed to chill with the Dark Force casting though,,,,

The minotaur boss is still super cute (so are the gigas, obv).

I'll continue my playthrough of vanilla SoM with the Reborn script eventually.

EDIT: And we're back at Manten (Lofty) Mountains. Gonna work on the vanilla+Reborn Script save after a quick bath.

River_City_Ransom_-_Sauna.gif
River_City_Ransom_-_Sauna.gif (4.84 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Secret of Mana (Normie) - ughghghhghghghghgh at pure land

I didn't bother grinding until right now and my experience improved tenfold, I will say. I will take the time to level up everything just in case before heading deeper into the Mana Holy Land. Neko/Niccolo's armor upgrades obtained and every non-random drop orb gotten so far.

idk this game fucks, it's just. The worst one of the traditional ARPG Manas (not counting Dawn because I haven't played that one yet but i heard it's ass), which is saying a lot bc that means it's still pretty good despite its messy plot pacing.

Mana is one of the series of all time and I'm glad that even if it might end up vanishing again after Visions (we all know how SquEni is), Kingdom Hearts is at least cozy enough to give some faggy soft vibes that are similar, just drenched in 2000s scenecore edge which, guess what fuckers, I'm all over that shit

Shout out to Bettie (Kettle Kin/Death Machine/Jirou) for being an actual goddamned nightamre,
Image Image
Noelle
I only exist inside those people who are aware of my existence.
First name: No-L
Pronouns: she/bog witch ❦

Post by Noelle »

KobaBeach wrote: 3 weeks ago Image
Every videogame should have 8-bit man ass
:ace_pride: "No matter where you go, everyone is connected."
:mgmnds:

You are too big to be a slug.

lifelike noise
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I was tipped off to the existence of Mega Man: Rock N Roll thanks to raocow's LP. I watched the intro cutscene and figured it might be something I'd be interested in so I downloaded it and played through the intro stage last night, as well as trying out Beetle Lady's stage. Which turned out to be a pretty difficult boss to start out with. Never ended up beating her so I took a break for the night.

Came back to the game today and played through the whole thing. It's very good, lots of fun challenges if not a bit unfair at some times where it feels like you needed to be a psychic to deal with certain setups. Had to look up the locations of a few things before I moved onto the Wily stages (the Polar Woman letter is dumb) but I did get what I believe is all the collectibles which I believe changed up a bit about how the game played out later on.

Roll's second Wily stage was probably my favorite, though I had to play through it from start to finish a few times because I kept dying on what turned out to be the final obstacle before the boss door, at which point I beat the boss on my first try.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Noelle wrote: 3 weeks ago Every videogame should have 8-bit man ass
preach queen (milf ass is fine too)

Summon Night 3 - Done with the chat, just levelling up for safety strat.

The comments from the people in this chapter are super cute, the Guardians mostly talk about intel, Kyuuma suggests he deal with Wizell due to him possibly having knowledge of Silturn blade arts as a samurai, Falier talks about how the reason the Colorless Society's summoning is so strong is due to them being oldschool and having the mindset of developing their own summoning method, thus being able to channel much stronger magic than the more generalized method spread through Lyndbaum. Phlaiz also comments that the summoning one of the leaders did, may involve the sacrifice of human souls to a summon.

Yafha also compares their troops' attack methods to the efficient strategizing and organized hunting of the Olful Clan of Maetropa (the wolf people), suggesting taking down the leader, Hazel, to completely mess them up. Lastly, Ardylia explains the sheer ruthlessness of their methods of battle.

We also chat with Azlier and Galeor after Cunnon patched them up, Azlier wanting to apologize to the villagers in person for all the trouble she caused (Galeor is still resisting though, soldier to the end). Kyle's crew are still trying to strategize a good plan to get the Colorless bastards out, while Owkinie is kinda struggling, wanting to calm everyone down with a good feast to keep them strong and safe (uggghhhhh so cuteeee). Panashe also prays to the Tree of Euclith for the war to end soon.

In Fuurai Village, things are calmer, with Subaru and Misumi distracting themselves by playing otedama, and Genji mostly focusing on telling Aty to try and keep the children calm, while she's not busy with the battles. The people of Fuurai can take shelter in Misumi's estate, thankfully.

I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow, which probably won't amount to much, but we'll see. I'll fight one or two more level up battles before bed.

I've also been perusing some Japanese language RPG Maker games. I'm more interested in stuff with custom systems or even action gameplay but as long as they're entertaining, I don't mind. May continue A Blurred Line soon.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

not really a games im playing update, more of a Please Shame Me For This cry for help but.

oop.png
oop.png (89.64 KiB) Viewed 372 times
idk i just think this shit is neat, and also i like action games that let you use swords and melee weaponry bc im a renfaire goth punk apparently

i was looking for final fantazy 2 for so long since i first saw it on youtube YEARS ago but then i just found it by looking up "final fantazy ゲーム" on nicovideo a few hours ago, i hate this and love this in equal parts. i will feast on this eventually, along with the romancing saga 3 bokuno hack (ffz2 has a romancing saga 3 style CBS, but it's a general squaresoft crossover mess)

had to download digitalgcodecarchiver through archive.org to extract it and the unofficial remix patch, but im used to japanese people having used lzh until like the mid 2010s for some ungodly reason (granted the compression is pretty good, but i think 7z may be better)

special shout out to sajewers for posting some person's cohost wall of text about cirnozardry on the romhack server, that's that good shit. that's how i found out abt cirnozardry and rothdam (not on the post, but the person who uploaded cirno to archive.org also made a file page that was mostly just a link to an archived dl page for rothdam on the description, only file on the upload was a png file explaining the game)

i fucking love rpgs man
camwoodstock wrote:ping
i hope you and tori appreciate this

EDIT:
YelseyKing wrote:ping
raekuul wrote:ping
fogel will see it eventually on discordhaus i think

EDIT the second: oh yeah i forgot to add snails' obama game from like two years ago 👽

will do so in a jiffy
Image Image
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I always forget that megaman sprite game is done in the ohr.

then again its exactly the sort of Tuesday Edition game I'd expect from the community so I don't know why I'm surprised about it.

Phoenix Wright: Starting 2-2's first trial day. It's been long enough that I don't think I can do this from memory any more.

MMMerge: Finished the Jadame quests, so now it's Once more into the Breach, dear friends! (note: said friends disappear as soon as we get to the Breach so I have to do a little bit more prep than I thought. On the other hand, I started as a dark elf so I get some of the most powerful tools for enduring early Breach play.)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 3 weeks ago I always forget that megaman sprite game is done in the ohr.

then again its exactly the sort of Tuesday Edition game I'd expect from the community so I don't know why I'm surprised about it.
i think more people should make bad rpgs or abuse engines that weren't meant for shit

literally what drew me to rpg maker right the fuck now was seeing this one tech demo game with a basic but very VERY functional tales of battle system in rpg maker 2000 from like. 2013, and still being impressed by it in like 2021

rpgmaker.net posters are such cowards for thinking action rpgs in rpg maker 2000/3 are a bad idea, granted it's like two people who are stuck in 2009 it seems. It Builds Character

I posted that fucking golf sim someone's making in what seems to be MV/MZ on shoutbox for a reason

im sorry rpg maker/ohrrpg/wolfrpg/srpg studio/SRC/adventure construction set and unlimited adventures on dos etc etc is like the perfect intersection of rpg circlejerk bullshit and hobbyist gamedev bullshit and that just activates my almonds something fierce. i will never finish a game at least not without reusing a billion custom systems and scripts and shit i've premade by fucking around for like five years but i dont care, it's fun enough (graphical clash is fine, it's The Spice Of Lfie™)

i still need to organize chipsets for when i feel like making gay maps for gay people

anyway pog phoenix wright i need to play that, jake hunter, snatcher and portopia already
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Didn't record but played more of my expert mode run in Super Mario Maker a bit ago. 64 lives lost through the first seven stages, only another 11 over the next eight. Of course the good playing comes out when the recording isn't going. Well, either I choke the finale when I do get back to recording or get a nice little clear and just about finish things up tomorrow.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Summon Night 3 - Ishlar got Kilsreth (not Kilstoth I'm sorry) all this time, I'm going to scream

Current battles weren't too hard, but I was a smidge overlevelled. Having the opponent leader trigger their Magic Sword mode when you kill them is such a good pseudo-Kaizo trap, I kind of love it?

We're now worried that Ishlar may end up abusing the sword to its utmost power to trigger the island's defense mode so the Colorless Society can gain power, so the only thing we can do now is keep fighting to keep him from shitting the bed. Chapter 14 hhhh

At least I had an onigiri rn (irl). idk my brother brought me some onigiri, salad, gyoza and soup from somewhere and it was alright.
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Got all nervous before recording... but still wound up beating that final level on my expert mode run first try in Super Mario Maker. With that, since Super Expert was added as DLC, I think I can officially call this game "beaten". Stat padding! Was actually pretty fun, and I wonder how the ones with an actual story mode offline along with the 100 Mario Challenge online stuff is like.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Bean wrote: 3 weeks ago Got all nervous before recording... but still wound up beating that final level on my expert mode run first try in Super Mario Maker. With that, since Super Expert was added as DLC, I think I can officially call this game "beaten". Stat padding! Was actually pretty fun, and I wonder how the ones with an actual story mode offline along with the 100 Mario Challenge online stuff is like.
Good job! I still wanna do the example stages in SMM1 (my basis due to lacking an actual Wii U), the Challenge Courses in 3DS and finish the optional stuff in SMM2's Story mode. Toadette busting unions was so gross, I get it was a joke but it really feels like something Nintendo would do irl...

Secret of Mana (Normie, Better Script) - Complete! The ending is pretty short but the whole climax of the story is pretty sad tbh.

I don't know if the Randi is descended from the Mana Tribe plot point is in the original script but it's super good.

Dark Lich was the real final boss, I accidentally wound up making him run out of MP, Mana Beast was just spectacle a la Yu Yevon, but it was pretty poignant. Even then Dark Lich was super boring? Boss attack patterns are super rough in this one.

idk, the Mana series is super beautiful, I'm glad I replayed this game even with its jank. Don't ever try to max out all weapon levels is the advice I'd give. Got all of the non random drop Weapon Orbs.

rip popoi neva 4get. i think i just realized popoi is what inspired the sproutlings in legend of mana only they replaced their (singular) smarm with absurd innocence.

Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Romancing SaGa (SNES) -

"We're heading home. Our dysfunctional, chaotic, nonsensical, exploiting home." - some canadian on the internet
"buckle up homestuck" - me to myself as i booted this trash game up

Did the Isle of Evil, Aurefont Invasion and Jewel Beast scenarios, though I did take five to grind for better armor before finishing Jewel Beast which raised my stats (and Battle Rank) quite a bit. Continuing with the Water Dragon quest soon, just tested and it's safe to exchange Claudia for Galahad for a smidge when I need the Ice Sword, just have to force a timeline update in the game to get her to pop up in Crystal City when I need her back.

I still love this game despite it being dogshit
Image Image
marrub
xevv va rkvyr
First name: alison
Pronouns: they/any

Post by marrub »

apparently Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is so long that i have played 10 more hours of it than yakuza 5 remastered. I played most of that game besides shinada's stuff (got lazy) so i'm surprised the base game (+ side story) is just longer. gonna play through all the random shit in 0-7 that i didnt do in premium adventure when i'm done with this game