(shouting)

Getting better at Touhou

bullets, bombs, and girls, what more do you want? its touhou!
Mischlings

Getting better at Touhou

Post by Mischlings »

I've just started playing the games within the last week or so (only have Embodiment of Scarlet Devil at the moment) and I was wondering what is the best way to improve. I usually manage to clear the first two, occasionally three stages on normal difficulty. I was mostly wondering at what point I'd need to start memorizing bullet patterns and such, though general tips for improving would be appreciated.

(I didn't see another topic like this, so I hope you don't mind me asking).
FlareDarknight

Re: Getting better at Touhou

Post by FlareDarknight »

Practice a little bit everyday and you'll improve.I usually spend 1-2 hours playing touhou.Just don't overdo it or your eyes gonna suffer.

Use the practice mode to study the hard patterns.If you're up to capture all the spell cards,the practice mode is gonna be your best friend.If you just want to beat the game,I suggest using bombs without holding back.(Most people forget about the bombs...<_<)

Touhou 6 is not that hard.Just concentrate your practice on Patchy and Sakuya's levels.(Which in my opinion are the most bodersome.)

If you want you can also try playing touhou games with easier danmaku patterns,in order to get used to them.Touhou 9 and 9.5 are one of the easiest touhou games. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
&(´ー`)& #(・A・)# (*(`Д´) (('A`)) (--)]]]
Yaridovich

Post by Yaridovich »

Flare pretty much nailed it.

Play difficulties that are slightly more than you can handle, and practice, practice, practice!
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Yeah, don't try to memorize bullet patterns yet, it'll be way too annoying.

Most importantly of all, learn to use your bombs. Everytime you die with bombs is stock is basically that much less mistakes you're allowed to make.
gamercal

Post by gamercal »

This is something I need to do much more often :P. I guess I just really hate the sense of failure I get when having to bomb everything, but whatever. It's definitely the key to success, that's for sure!

But yeah, all I can really say is as the others have. Stick with it and you'll improve gradually over time, no doubt.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Also, watch my videos. Their amazingness and the inspiration they will provide (for great justice) will make your brain implode and ooze ability to play Touhou. With one hand. And a blindfold.