(shouting)

Playism to officially release Touhou games in English-speaking territories

bullets, bombs, and girls, what more do you want? its touhou!
AlchemistHohenheim

Playism to officially release Touhou games in English-speaking territories

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

http://playism-games.com/article/touhou ... o-the-west
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... o-the-west
Hey everyone!

It’s been a long time coming, and while a lot of Playism fans have guessed it was inevitable, everyone likes an official announcement: Touhou is officially coming to Playism EN (and sooner than you think)!

That’s right! With the upcoming release of Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character, we’re kicking open the floodgates and introducing Touhou to the English speaking world. This will mark the very first official release of a Touhou title in English speaking territories.

The Touhou Project, now helmed solely by creator Zun, was first started in 1995 with its first release: Highly Responsive to Prayers. After a three year absence following the release of the 5th Touhou title, Zun finally returned to Touhou, formed Team Shanghai Alice, and continued to work on the series independently.

Since then, the Touhou series has become a cult favorite among gamers around the world, has had countless games using the series’ characters, and become a veritable phenomenon in the doujin gaming scene.

We’re absolutely thrilled to be working with Team Shanghai Alice to bring Touhou to western shores, and we at Playism hope you’re as excited as we are to see Touhou finally see the light of day in the West!

Dying for a release date? We’ll be releasing more info about Touhou’s big debut soon! Keep your eyes peeled to the Playism blog, our Twitter and Facebook for upcoming info!
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the general gaming subforum, decided to play it safe and put it here.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: Playism to officially release Touhou games in English-speaking territories

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

So, technically this is the first official release of Touhou internationally, even though we've heard of it for a long time before then?

Then again, I shouldn't really see anything bad about this. After all, it's great to see Zun really appreciates the worldwide audience and is willing to answer their prayers!

Looking forward to getting my face smashed in by young ladies! (Not that I actually plan on buying the games, mind...)

E: Huh, they're only starting with TH14. No idea why I missed that, but that makes me wonder about the earlier games. And for that matter, later games in the series. Will there be an elf-girl Admiral Perry soon?
mauve

Post by mauve »

I am pretty sure that any games before MoF are not going to happen because ZUN lost the source code in an HD crash. That's why there was a two year break and change of art style after PoFV, he just rewrote his entire toolchain to start fresh and apparently forgot how to draw.

Pre-DDC is likely once the details are sorted out(Playism did tweet that they wanted to do it, which kinda implies that it's on ZUN), but he probably wants to focus on the newer games first.

I should also point out that at no point does the Playism article talk about the games themselves being in English, just being available to foreigners.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Slightly late, but more information has surfaced:
http://playism-games.com/article/touhou ... n-5-7-2015

Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character and Takkoman both are coming out tomorrow, May 7th, on Playism EN for $14.99 and $9.99 respectively.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Geez, the way they said it got my hopes up for the games before DDC being released. Ah well.
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

We’re also ready to finally answer the most popular Touhou question we’ve received since our initial reveal: “What about the OTHER Touhou games?”
I don't think this counts as the "other touhou games" people were hoping for.

And they didn't even once mention that Takkoman is a fan game. I hope they don't market it as part of the series.