(shouting)

Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity

bullets, bombs, and girls, what more do you want? its touhou!
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity

Post by Dizzybelle »

well, i was cruising the internet
and found an upcoming touhou fangame
that seems to be on a whole new level to the others weve seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNRtjcRX8s

below are some screenshots and some information on the thing
http://seventhstyle.com/2014/06/28/comiket-86-touhou-action-rpg/ wrote:Doujin gamers might recognize the style of the game. It’s from the same people who made Youyou Kengeki Musou, already a fantastic doujin game in its own right, yet even that was just a simple hack and slashing with bosses to fight at the end of the stage. However, this upcoming work will take it to the next degree, having quality even higher and turning what was once a simple game with a straight forward goal into an immense action role-playing adventure.
One will find themselves playing as Remilia Scarlet, a playful lolita vampire hailing from her mansion located right in the vast world of Gensokyo. Either be scared or stare in awe as the gameplay combines the elements of a hack and slash with the bullet hell elements of the original franchise, hence the gameplay will comprise of you finding out ways to get through or get around the pattern in order to beat an enemy.
Prepare for a more involving game, jump, run, or even claw through specific types of bullets, otherwise get brutally murdered. Utilize your attacks to make combos dealing as much damage as possible, or use your special attack for that one heavy blow to smite your enemies.
Additionally, players will be battling bosses which are either gigantic like a colossal serpent called Mishaguji, or perhaps their same size but with power exponentially greater like a seemingly immortal doll-using magician. Battle through the odds as those very bosses conjure out those familiar yet dreaded bullet patterns in qunantities like a production studio outputting generic harem anime.
The game also incorporates a new leveling up system allowing you to be able to face stronger enemies as you progress, improving one’s abilities. There’s also the acquiring of money and purchasing of items, with the role of shopkeeper being done by probably the only anthropomorphic male one can find in the series, Rinnosuke Morichika. This gives more depth into the once simple gameplay, giving it the elements of an RPG in addition for being able to explore freely.
Fighting mechanics are essentially the same as the previous game, however, the traversing has transitioned from only venturing from one stage to another. Now, thanks to the great effort delivered by the creators, one will have a chance to explore the immense world of Gensokyo. Travel through the human village, Forest of Magic, the depths of hell and much more. The amount of detail put into the game is simply breathtaking, of course as it all comes boasting beautiful graphics immersing a players into its world and atmosphere.
It’s a realm where everything one sees is vibrant and full of life. Of course, like the previous game, it wouldn’t be complete without those platforming elements. Going from one place to another, one would go through obstacles and hazards, raging from simple, to eventually, challenging.
Adding to the immersing of the atmosphere, are fantastic tracks and background music expected for the franchise by experienced and well-renowned doujin circle called Hachimitsu-Lemon. With the combination of fantastic visuals and music, one will find themselves captivated watching the PV alone.
It’s a game looking quite exceptional in the doujin market, and if the one they made before is any indication, this is already guaranteed to be an excellent game and more as the new elements are sure to give even greater an immense experience than ever before upon its August release.
ImageImageImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity

Post by Willhart »

Is it possible to download this from somewhere yet? A demo or something would be nice.

Edit: it seems to have released on last August.

There is a translation patch too. I'll just need to find a DL link now.
http://ocv.me/kks/

Edit2: the FAQ behind the link above states that it costs money and must be bought from retailers.

Edit3: You can find some gameplay here. It looks like a pretty relaxing game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji3pSIuNhHY
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

Last August?
Well my info was off by quite a bit then
excuse me while i go find a copy
Adventure of Scarlet Curiosity was released at Comiket 86, on August 16, 2014.
yeah, it was last year
I AM THE GOOF

(also 666th post hail that one guy, you know the one)
ImageImageImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Whooa, is that an Ys fangame? Got to try this

Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

That looks super fun.

Do you think raocow would lp it if we chipped in to get horikawa to buy him a copy and send it to him?

Is there actually a way for people outside Japan to order this?

I did find a link for a download of it though.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I think you can buy it as a digital download at Playism.jp: http://playism.jp/game/342/touhou-koukishin

They've also got a demo for the game there. Everything is in Japanese, so it might take a bit of effort to register and navigate the purchasing process, but it should be fairly doable.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Oh yeah, I tried this back when kamakaze made the thread and I wasn't too impressed

The game is RIDICULOUSLY imbalanced in the worst way, that is, you do too much damage and recieve too little, to the point where the people whon translated it also implemented a mod to change enemy hp/strength, but then you have no clue what to do with it as it isn't developer-sanctioned so arbitrarily changing a few numbers is potentially only going to break the game even more, especially as a new player. The fact that you constantly get equipment drops with random stats doesn't help either.

The bosses are also very uninspired and are leagues behind an actual Ys boss in terms of fun and satisfaction from beating it, as their pattern are very easily predicted and avoided

To top it off, for whatever reason it is extremely greedy in computer resources, I mean I can run Skyrim and shit like that on High setting without issues and I had to put it on the LOWEST setting here to get 60fps, and even then I had some frame drops whenever there was too much lighting on the screen. Unless I missed something obvious like the game not recognizing my graphics cards or sth.

To be fair though, the character I tried (I think it was remilia?) had a pretty fun moveset (I also like how you can earn new moves and change them) and was pretty fun to control, but the environement just does nothing to complement it. Like, I don't think I would've noticed a difference if there was no enemy at all