Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Base ROM Inclusions

Post by Tails_155 »

CURRENT BASEROM: A2MT 3.12
Includes: (I'm only listing things here that effect how people will make their levels)
HQ Sprite palettes
Default GFX
LOTS of blocks
48 Custom Sprites, accessible from the Custom Collections of Sprites selection on the dropdown
A bunch of files necessary for the Custom Collections of Sprites to function
all the blocks, the db, dbk, and dsc necessary to add blocks to the database if needed, and have all the custom descriptions ready to read

EXCLUDES DRAGON COIN BLOCKS. These blocks won't work well with the way dragon coins will work in this game.

For people who already have the ROM, there are 2 more useful tiles I went and stupided out of including... Add this in over Map16 Page 0x3 to get those 2 tiles without redownloading. (Press F3 on the Map16 editor [The ?block button at the top] and click yes, while these two files are in the same folder as the ROM, then press F9 so it saves!)

Page 0x4

The tiles were set to act wrong on page 4 (some.) I fixed these, if any more are messed up, let me know. ._.,

What is repointing secondary entrances?
flameofdoubt wrote:It's basically a case of finding any places that your level has a secondary entrance that you're not using, that was in the original level, and removing it by telling it to go to level 00 or whatever works. If someone else is using that entrance as a part of their level and your level is inserted after theirs, and you don't repoint, when they go through a certain pipe or door or whichever, they'll pop out in your level, appearing at where your level has that original secondary entrance. One easy way to find them is look for any standing mario images that aren't a level entrance or a midpoint.
Last edited by Tails_155 9 years ago, edited 20 times in total.
Reason: 216
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

A2MT baseROM checklist

Post by raocow »

Since we were talking about it, might as well talk about it in a productive way.

Might as well figure out what we need to have in the baseROM, and make it's accountability here.

Things off the top of my head -

--------

Graphical changes - all the 'baseline' graphical changes to sprites and blocks.

Basic Map16 elements - stuff that everyone could want to use, like upside down munchers, upside down cannons, non-changing colour pipes...

Basic custom blocks - again, stuff that everyone could possibly want to use. De-powerups, always flowers/cape/mushroom, teleport, player-only, sprite-only, crumbling blocks...

The baseROM should probably already have fastROM and No Sprite LImit patch action going on.

--------

Please feel free to add to any of these categories, or suggest other ones.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Base ROM Inclusions

Post by raocow »

hahaha, we had the same idea at the same time!
tatanga

Re: A2MT baseROM checklist

Post by tatanga »

raocow, what would you think of using http://talkhauscollab.wikispaces.com/ to keep things updated. This way whenever someone using up a slot, they could simply edit the information on the site to keep everything updated. Somewhat similar to how the Vips run things. Obviously this is just a prototype.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Should these be merged then? Or should I just copy my post and you close mine?

I'll work on making a bunch of the basic tiles, I got a bit of time tonight.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I have ZERO experience using a wiki, but you know what, that sounds like a very smart thing to do once actual production is on the way.

This thread is more to tally up what we want in the baserom that people use as a base - once the baserom is out, people could update using the wikia the changes and additions that they bring.

Yeah, that's a really good idea. It'll be super easy to keep track of.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

[attachment=0]hqpal.PNG[/attachment]
An HQ palette that doesn't require enabling custom palettes or other fuxing around (It's structured exactly the same way the original is, just with better contrast and stuff). It'd be pretty cool if you could have this in the ROM (or would that be IPS?) already.
Attachments
hqpal.PNG
hqpal.PNG (1.15 KiB) Viewed 13745 times
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Parabeetle :mrgreen: nice name.

yeah, I like the wiki idea, too.

Plus, we should also add to the list:
Booger bat by Terry/me
Fireflower by Terry
Eyespikeball by Machoman
Yoshicat by Terry / Eyeoshi by Flame - whatever
Most people seem to like these.

Also:
Fishclops/Maskcharlie/Bombio as soon as more people agree on them.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Terry von Feleday wrote:It'd be pretty cool if you could have this in the ROM (or would that be IPS?) already.[/color]
It's going to be distributed as an .isp, but I've always heard these things refered to as a 'base ROM' :?:
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Terry von Feleday wrote:[attachment=0]hqpal.PNG[/attachment]
An HQ palette that doesn't require enabling custom palettes or other fuxing around (It's structured exactly the same way the original is, just with better contrast and stuff). It'd be pretty cool if you could have this in the ROM (or would that be IPS?) already.
If you edited the very top two palettes there (lazy2check) I think that'd conflict the layer 3 palettes there.

Boom Boom? Should we use this as a boss? - If needed I think I have carol's version.

I think I'll start a list of patches again.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Also, I dunno generators, so someone tell me which generators to add and I'll copypasta it

Also: yes, editing anything after color 7 may conflict with palettes 0 and 1 on layer 3. I'll make a plt file of the working colors when it's fixed though.

Also: are we never having berries? Because that palette will make the berries (objects) not work, color-wise.

Also... why did I use also for all these lines?

@Paralars: This isn't for the graphics thing, those things will be discussed in the GFX thread, this is for the actual sprites.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

Those are just the sprite palettes (8 onwards, as annotated) - the background palettes are passable as they are, amazingly enough, so no problems here.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Terry von Feleday wrote:Those are just the sprite palettes (8 onwards, as annotated) - the background palettes are passable as they are, amazingly enough, so no problems here.
Oh, I get it now, the first 4 are Demo Palettes.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

ahh didn't realize what D F and I were. (Demo Iris and Fire)

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Wait: Is there an Iris in this game or not? (I want there to be... but I am wondering whether the last 2 palettes are necessary)
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Hmm. Actually didn't we say Iris gets mind controlled and we'd use the one player game patch?

raocow

Post by raocow »

adding player-only, sprite-only and crumbling blocks in that list up there...
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Also include the blocktool custom block pack.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Just realized something: I'm still making the .pal file, but note that whoever does include everything will have to include it, then re copy the colors and paste them (ctrl+right click, right click) into a global palette place, or else it will save it as a custom palette... I don't know how to turn a .plt into a global palette...

oh... shared palette... got it! :D

Terry: Should I get a Hi-Q for the greens on the bush/pipe palette since you changed the berry-sprite palette?
And, are the shoe/koopa face (formerly) colors really unchanged?

Here's the palette so far, I still need a few things, but look it over. (Note that it can only use colors which are divisible by 8, so it might be about 4 shades different)
Attachments
A2MT HQ 1.rar
Here's this part.
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

tatanga wrote:raocow, what would you think of using http://talkhauscollab.wikispaces.com/ to keep things updated. This way whenever someone using up a slot, they could simply edit the information on the site to keep everything updated. Somewhat similar to how the Vips run things. Obviously this is just a prototype.
right. that is how vip does it. whenever someone needs a block number or music number, they just check the wiki and take one that isn't being used. having a big table of levels like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kilgamesh/LevelTable would make everything real easy to organize
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Kil2 wrote:
tatanga wrote:raocow, what would you think of using http://talkhauscollab.wikispaces.com/ to keep things updated. This way whenever someone using up a slot, they could simply edit the information on the site to keep everything updated. Somewhat similar to how the Vips run things. Obviously this is just a prototype.
right. that is how vip does it. whenever someone needs a block number or music number, they just check the wiki and take one that isn't being used. having a big table of levels like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kilgamesh/LevelTable would make everything real easy to organize
You're working big time on this project, too aren't you? raocow, should he be blued?
raocow

Post by raocow »

I dunno do you want to be blue, Kil?
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

AAA!!! What version of LM are you using Tails?

I tried inserting the HQ palette...
aaa.PNG
aaa.PNG (9.28 KiB) Viewed 13652 times
Also I guess I'll get to start on an actual baserom with the global gfx inserted (subject to change).

Although... not gonna lie, I'm kinda scared of being the guy to take in all the levels and stuff. I dunno if I'll be the one to do it. If I do decide to, I only would in June since that's when my school ends.

flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I'll have a go at it if you don't want to chdata. We have better people in the sprites and ideas departments than me so simple but monotonous legwork is my forte.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Thanks =3

I'd still like to make the very base rom though.