(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: request grab-bag

Post by SAJewers »

Grounder wrote:
SAJewers wrote:uhh

looks a bit shit tbh
At least it's not as jarring as the half pixel, half realistic design of River City Super Sports Challenge - All Star Special

EDIT: Or River City Tokyo Rumble for that matter. Apparently Tokyo Rumble is pretty decent though, so who knows?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

If it was a modification made by Nintendo, it probably wasn't a ROM hack. That would be silly; SMA4 wasn't developed that long ago, so Nintendo should still have had the source code to it stashed away somewhere. Modifying the source code is always much easier than modifying a binary.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Anyways, on a similar vein as the E-reader levels, I'd like to see raocow do the 6 'secret' levels from the GBA version of Yoshi's Island. See how he fairs against those.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

YelseyKing wrote:That's true, but it's not like we can assume raocow -- or indeed, *anyone* who does LPs via emulator -- realistically owns and has personally dumped every ROM they're playing.
but we also can't assume that they haven't, technically! wink wink.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Leet wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:That's true, but it's not like we can assume raocow -- or indeed, *anyone* who does LPs via emulator -- realistically owns and has personally dumped every ROM they're playing.
but we also can't assume that they haven't, technically! wink wink.
Hmm. Welp. I got nothing. Can't argue with that. :lol:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
BlueKingBar

Post by BlueKingBar »

Hey raocow, I suddenly had a bit of a flashback to Obake today. You know, that cute really old Japanese indie game where it's like Kirby but you haunt enemies and play as them instead of just taking their powers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLL0k_R0H9A

I found a video you made back in 2010 while searching for it saying that you couldn't record it because the game is full-screen only. Is that still an issue? Because that game would make a 10/10 LP for you if you ask me. It's cute, vaguely Mario-esque, and probably around the Kirby series in difficulty.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The last time Obake was brought up here was around here.

Didn't someone present a workaround for the full screen problem?
BlueKingBar

Post by BlueKingBar »

I don't know, but honestly it's right up there with Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Cat Planet for games raocow would lose his mind over in the most hilarious ways possible.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe now that he has Windows 10, things are different and he can record fullscreen?

The only one who can answer that is raocow.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

So I'm sure Wuppo's already been suggested at least once, but having recently beaten the game let me add to that count. 'S a pretty dang good game.

Also as a suggestion for the SMBX queue, Halloween Hypnosis Redo, December Collapse or whatever the newest 2k1x game is by the time you'd get around to it. The ones I've played are generally pretty short but challenging and feature neat tech, great bosses and goofy, in-jokey SMBX community fanfiction stories that can nonetheless be enjoyed without prior knowledge of the forum and it's members.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

This kickstarter game looks like something raocow might enjoy:

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

played the demo of this and it's fun as heck, just wholesome platformy fun. not too hard either, it's no super meat boy, but it just feels great to play
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Airscape: The Fall of Gravity is a crazy hard 2D Platformer in the style of Super Meat Boy combined with the gravity shenanigans of Super Mario Galaxy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317250/
cc12321

Post by cc12321 »

I just finished playing through Owlboy after getting it for my birthday, and there were numerous times where I thought to myself "raocow would really dig this game.". Its got amazing pixel art, music, story and aesthetic. It can be a bit challenging at times, but for the most part it is a light hearted platformer that (in my opinion) really takes inspiration from alot of SNES/early console style platformers. There's a collection screen for raocow to keep track of the collection goal in each area if he goes for 100%.

It's a bit pricey, at $28 on Steam, but in my opinion is completely worth a shot if it interests him.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/115800/
. /_\ May the Force
/_\/_\ Be With You
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

You should play this Yoshi's Island level as a one-off after VLDC9:

link

ips
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

S.N.N. wrote:I can't stress enough how stoked I am for Blossom Tales. It's nice to see another game in this style being made (given that there are literally only like 2 others that I can think of).
Just announced it'll be out either in February or March

EDIT: Also, this showed up in my YT recommended list.

mariomon

Post by mariomon »

I'm just throwing stuff around here, but if you think about raocow hasn't really played much SMBX. Like, he's played a lot of it, but he hasn't really played any notable episodes that aren't early early early ones and collabs. I just kinda thing it's been a little neglected. I was thinking he could play some more well known recent episodes. (well, not RECENT recent, going as far back as 2014 here.) I was thinking Star Expedition, Legends, Luigi's Fight for the Mushroom Kingdom, or hell even go back to your roots with The Great Empire 3.

Like I said I'm just throwing ideas around, my memory of these is foggy at best and I don't know what the best thing for raocow to play would be.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

There's a 3rd Great Empire eh? I remember #2 wasn't very good though. It felt rushed.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Mega Man Fan Game #15123 has been released. This one looks a little different though.

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Posting this here since it was in the last Patreon Pool, and garnered some interest, but River City Ransom Underground now has a release date:

Winbee
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Winbee »

i wanna see raocow play Pop'n Twinbee Adventures (°o ° }

it's a cute platformer featuring everyone's favorite bee machine (and twinbee too!)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Running out of just finishing the game to recommend Splasher which is just an absolutely fantastic platformer designed by one of the level designers for Rayman Origins & Legends. It's just like, a ton of fun, yo.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

SAJewers wrote:
EDIT: Also, this showed up in my YT recommended list.

Beat this yesterday, I strongly recommend it. It's the brutal mario of megaman romhacks, both in good and bad.

Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Jesuiscontent wrote: Beat this yesterday, I strongly recommend it. It's the brutal mario of megaman romhacks, both in good and bad.
You severely overestimate this game's quality.
It's not even remotely fit for playing without savestates.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »