(shouting)

ダイナマイトヘッディー: FINALE ANALYSIS (end)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Dynamite Headdy: PUPPET TOWER | GO UP! | ROLLING ROLLING

Post by Ivy »

Unaniem wrote:Still I'd suggest the same others have at this point and flipping over to the steam releases (preferably the japanese translated one because the dialogue just makes the game a lot more coherent and charming) allowing you easy extra lives and level selects. The game is only going to continue increasing the difficulty at this point.
I'm going to hop on this train too. I'd totally watch from the beginning of the Steam version to see this epic story
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dark_Paratroopa

Post by Dark_Paratroopa »

Trouble Bruin is actually a cat in the Japanese version. For the US one, they painted him brown and called him a bear for... Reasons I still don't understand. Couldn't roll with "cat astrophe" or something?

Also, he's your rival because he changes his body but keeps his head, while you change your head but keep your body.
Grounder

Re: Dynamite Headdy: ON THE SKY

Post by Grounder »

five dragon god
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Dark_Paratroopa wrote:Trouble Bruin is actually a cat in the Japanese version. For the US one, they painted him brown and called him a bear for... Reasons I still don't understand. Couldn't roll with "cat astrophe" or something?

Also, he's your rival because he changes his body but keeps his head, while you change your head but keep your body.
It's worth noting that both his head and body have names in the japanese version, the body being called "Kuma" which means bear
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

It's five videos in, and I still have no idea what's going on or what these design decisions are, but I heard this was a good game, so...
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm trying to remember from Madam Luna's LP, I think there was this lady boss involving Heather that is pretty hard.
And I think there is a certain boss called Twin Freak, Twin Head, or Twin Face (it was Twin something) near the end that reaches That One Boss territory.

Beware.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Sebby19 wrote:I'm trying to remember from Madam Luna's LP, I think there was this lady boss involving Heather that is pretty hard.
And I think there is a certain boss called Twin Freak, Twin Head, or Twin Face (it was Twin something) near the end that reaches That One Boss territory.

Beware.
You're not wrong about those bosses, but they have different HP counts in the American release. The Heather boss and the final boss both have doubled HP, while the Twin boss has half as much. Naturally this changes the order of which bosses are the most challenging!

For other regional differences, you can check this link. Note that spoilers are unmarked therein, however, for obvious reasons!
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Count Mohawk wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:I'm trying to remember from Madam Luna's LP, I think there was this lady boss involving Heather that is pretty hard.

Beware.
You're not wrong about those bosses, but they have different HP counts in the American release. The Heather boss and the final boss both have doubled HP, while the Twin boss has half as much. Naturally this changes the order of which bosses are the most challenging!

For other regional differences, you can check this link. Note that spoilers are unmarked therein, however, for obvious reasons!
I still think Twin Freaks is the hardest boss anyway. Took me a lot longer to get past as a kid than the boss of Act 7 (who I honestly don't find hard at all if you're patient enough to abuse empty head and careful enough to avoid melon head) and Dark Demon did.

Though back then I semi-cheated at Dark Demon with heavy use of the pause button, so maybe he would have been harder to learn had I played fair. Too late to know now, I s'pose. Still, when I replay the game, I tend to die a bit more at Twin Freaks than at Dark Demon (because damn it, though I've beaten each act individually without dying, I still have yet to beat the whole game in one deathless go...somewhere between acts 8 and 9 (and sometimes 6 if I don't do well at the airship) death always manages to find me...)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Oh geez, Baby Face.. bane of my child existence. Whenever I rented this I generally game overed here. Still love the stage and the boss though. :D
Grounder

Re: Dynamite Headdy: AIR WALKER | RECKLESS WHEEL | LIGHT VELOCITY | identical (again)

Post by Grounder »

get up on the hydra's back
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Matt is me

Re: Dynamite Headdy: AIR WALKER | RECKLESS WHEEL | LIGHT VELOCITY | identical (again)

Post by Matt is me »

I never even knew there was a level select. Child me would have liked it, but me now is glad I didn't know, It builds character.

Act 6 secrets are these:

Act 6.1 - 2 secrets here. That initial headcase very early on offers 3 heads, but if you wait long enough, eventually he offers a bino head. That does nothing but give you a secret bonus point, and after you get it headcase will go back to the same 3 flying head options. A very short bit later those rockets fly up--one has a picture of a cow on it. That one is worth a bonus point to destroy!

Act 6.2 - Actually no secrets here. This one always struck me as odd, they could have put something here pretty easily, but nope.

Act 6.3 - Again, no secrets. Treasure got lazy in putting them in, possibly? I think this is the last act in the entire game with no bonus points to find.

Act 6.4 - OK, this one's cool. Grandpa head's grab attack is not a very good attack...he grabs you, then has a heart attack and dies, leaving you unharmed and victorious. But, if you manage to kill grandpa head WITHOUT getting grabbed, as raocow did, he opens to reveal our pal bino! shoot him for a bonus point.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Dynamite Headdy: PARADISE?

Post by Bean »

Man, that was a boss fight, huh? Timing looked really strict on those jumps over the claw.
Matt is me

Post by Matt is me »

Act 7 secrets time!

Act 7.1 - 3 secrets! The first 2 are dirt easy. When you step on a cow, it moos. Except one, that whinnys. That one is a fake cow and should be destroyed for a point. Similarly, the fake bird that looks like a freak should be eliminated.
The last one is harder. When Nasty Gatekeeper reaches off screen, she grabs Headcase, right? Except sometimes, she'll grab Bino. Attack him for the point! raocow got that on a few of his lives. I've always thought beating Nasty Gatekeeper without hitting Beau should also be a secret bonus point, but it isn't.

Storywise, here's what just went down. Heather explained that this is where the Dark Demon's castle is--this nice peaceful meadow. Gatekeeper (who in Japan is a geisha) comes by and explains she's clearly mistaken. Heather doesn't believe the geisha's crap, and has Headdy distract her while she throws the keys into the lock thing. Upon unlocking the thing, the castle is revealed to have been hiding behind the backdrop the whole time! Of course, this pisses off the gatekeeper, so...she retaliates. In Japan, I believe the Nasty Gatekeeper is actually a second, different Geisha, but in this version I think it's supposed to be the same person, just pissed. But yeah, she's there as an agent of the Dark Demon to try to prevent people from finding his castle. So much for that.

raocow nearly won the first fight attempt with a couple of lucky bombs. That would have been hilariously quick to win...too bad for the melon head ruining it in the end. One of the two main strats I know of for this boss are the bomb strat that's quick but tough--you've gotta time it properly twice. The other is the empty head strat--use the invincibility and slowly plink her to death whenever she's open to attack. That's the safer strat, but since you need to grab the empty head often, you've gotta be careful of melon head.

Nasty Gatekeeper is tough, but when you learn her, she's not really a big problem. We've now reached the lategame--just 2 acts left!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I read in the YouTube comments that throwing Headdy's head up is a good way to avoid the claw strikes, since that is what the boss targets.

Here's what the Gate Master looks like in the Jap version. This is what I remember, so I guess Madam Luna LP'd that version.
ImageImage

So I wonder what Twin Freak is? Is he a Keymaster like the others? But there's no need for anymore though, right?
I guess we'll find out!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Sebby19 wrote:Here's what the Gate Master looks like in the Jap version.
Cool slur
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ometeotl wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:Here's what the Gate Master looks like in the Jap version.
Cool slur
Come on, I rag on Sebby a lot, but that's obviously not how he meant it.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
muuma

Post by muuma »

Welp, raocow fighting the Gatekeeper was distracting. I was crying out loud when he got two bomb hits on the boss, it would have been hilarious if he did it like that. But yeah, he didn't understand how Headdy is targeted and that only the body is his hitbox. Also Heather throws a projectile everytime you hit her, you get hurt even on invisible mode. Having a waifu hurts.

The beginning of the next video is going to be hilarious I bet~

PS: Someone should give a savestate to raocow before the secret boss with the corresponding password.
I see what you did there...
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

muuma wrote:The beginning of the next video is going to be hilarious I bet~
I really hope his savestate is at the very moment the video ended.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

note that tomorrow there will not be a DH video, because today's mario session was nutso. THere will be a mario video in the evening slot instead.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote:note that tomorrow there will not be a DH video, because today's mario session was nutso. THere will be a mario video in the evening slot instead.
:o
Grounder

Re: Dynamite Headdy: FIGHT! | MISSILE BASE | RADICAL PARTY

Post by Grounder »

Yamata no Orochi.

way to misread, me
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dynamite Headdy: FIGHT! | MISSILE BASE | RADICAL PARTY | REVERSE WORLD

Post by alleightbits »

Hoo boy, Twin Freaks.
From what I've heard, the target is only the center of his ear, but only when he's green. Since his red form is faster, the goal is to keep him green long enough so he doesn't have the chance to squish you once you invert.
Matt is me

Post by Matt is me »

This is the longest act in the game, both by scene count (5!) and just by sheer length. But it's the lategame, that's what happens!

Here are the secret bonus for the whole act:

Act 8.1 - One secret here...see all those 500 points floating up there on the ceiling? Get 'em all for a secret bonus point. The spike head strat is harder than the small head strat, so it's a bonus!

Act 8.2 - Just one here too. After killing off the missile dude, other dudes fall from the ceiling. Kill any one as it's falling for a secret. If you're quick, you can kill multiple, but it's still only worth one bonus point, so no need to rush for several.

Act 8.3 - We've got 2 here. The first is when you're fighting tarot, the sun guy...that heart circle heals him a bit, and he has no maximum health, so those always heal him always from the beginning, but still, for a secret, you must suffer through and heal him a bunch. Welp.
Later on, you've got those things that say "don't shoot"...the vast majority give you a free melon head if you shoot, as raocow saw. But one of them, at the tail end, is worth a bonus point. That one is a bit mean.

Act 8.4 - Those balls the hat men shoot out can be destroyed. Destroy I think it's 3 for a secret bonus point. Not hard to do by accident.

Act 8.5 - Twin Freaks sometimes sends out a slow Bino head, and you can destroy it for a bonus. He generally does this early on, so if you miss it you can kill yourself and try again without too much time lost.

Fun Forgiven also has a life farm! After tarot, there's TWO extra lives hiding in fake walls. Find 'em and kill yourself for a profit! raocow got one, the other one is also down in that spike pit, off to one of the side walls (the other wall has bananas and points). I do not recommend farming here, it takes FOREVER, but it's an option you can do. Forever.

Story wise there's nothing really new--Twin Freaks is like an elite guard if you will, so he's just trying to stop you from advancing towards the dark demon. After him you're nearly there!
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

Matt is me wrote:
Act 8.3
Later on, you've got those things that say "don't shoot"...the vast majority give you a free melon head if you shoot, as raocow saw. But one of them, at the tail end, is worth a bonus point. That one is a bit mean.

About that SBP...

If you're standing on the ground in the right place you'll only see the 'SHOOT' part of that box. Apparently that's supposed to be a subtle hint.