(shouting)

Don't you just hate the heat?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Don't you just hate the heat?

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

Because it's fucking hot over here in Australia
It hit 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees in American) a couple of days ago and my god was it uncomfortable

Also I hate the cold as well because I'm always wanting it to happen when it's hot, but when it gets cold I want it to get hot, and it just goes on like that forever, and it pisses me off
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Don't you just hate the heat?

Post by RegiGiygas »

I prefer suffering in the heat than suffering in the cold.

But overall, I just really hate the majority of climates.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Would rather run in that kind of heat and spend ten minutes throwing up into a toilet than running in freezing weather. Like, I'd take it a thousand times over.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Hmm. I expected hotter for Australian summers
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Nabmeonr890
shuba

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

Ivy wrote:Hmm. I expected hotter for Australian summers
I'm in Melbourne, which is on the south-eastern coast of the mainland.
also wew lad
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Heat. Heat! I'll take some. Where I live, there's two feet of snow outside, and the temperatures have been dropping into the negatives. And you're talking *heat*! :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Nabmeonr890 wrote: I'm in Melbourne, which is on the south-eastern coast of the mainland.
ah, that would help. How hot does it get inland and further north?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Sometimes the heat in my Jeep gets to be too much, but then I just aim the vents elsewhere.

Here in Winnipeg, temperatures can range from +40 C to -50 C. Right now its currently -15 at 9:45 PM, but so far this Winter we've gone down to -30 with -40 windchill. Oh right, forgot about the windchill. I prefer -40 and no winds to -15 with -30 windchill. Or any windchill.
Truhan wrote:Would rather run in that kind of heat and spend ten minutes throwing up into a toilet than running in freezing weather. Like, I'd take it a thousand times over.
???
You know, if you get a good pace going, your body heat is an excellent counter to the cold. You don't even need to run, speed walking is enough. Trust me, I used to be a mailman, and the only parts that would get somewhat cold were my hands (since they can't move much holding mail) and feet (cause of sweat cooling them down too much). But in normal circumstances, you might be pealing of your scarf and unzipping your jacket cause you get too warm while moving.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Sebby19 wrote:Sometimes the heat in my Jeep gets to be too much, but then I just aim the vents elsewhere.

Here in Winnipeg, temperatures can range from +40 C to -50 C. Right now its currently -15 at 9:45 PM, but so far this Winter we've gone down to -30 with -40 windchill. Oh right, forgot about the windchill. I prefer -40 and no winds to -15 with -30 windchill. Or any windchill.
Truhan wrote:Would rather run in that kind of heat and spend ten minutes throwing up into a toilet than running in freezing weather. Like, I'd take it a thousand times over.
???
You know, if you get a good pace going, your body heat is an excellent counter to the cold. You don't even need to run, speed walking is enough. Trust me, I used to be a mailman, and the only parts that would get somewhat cold were my hands (since they can't move much holding mail) and feet (cause of sweat cooling them down too much). But in normal circumstances, you might be pealing of your scarf and unzipping your jacket cause you get too warm while moving.
Speak for yourself. I have winter allergies, so running in the fucking cold is suffocating.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh. Didn't know that was a thing.

Question for Nabmeonr890: Because it gets so hot down in Austrialia, is it normal for people to go "Screw it! It's too hot!", and strip down?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

The temperature here varies from about -2 to 30....
It's pretty dull.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Sebby19 wrote:Sometimes the heat in my Jeep gets to be too much, but then I just aim the vents elsewhere.

Gotta love that freaking continental climate. I'm lucky to live somewhat close to a major lake.
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Ivy wrote:
Nabmeonr890 wrote: I'm in Melbourne, which is on the south-eastern coast of the mainland.
ah, that would help. How hot does it get inland and further north?
Nambona's probably more knowledgeable than me (obviously, he lives there after all) but my understanding is that Melbourne has generally comfortable summers with occasional freakish heatwaves that raise the temps to 20-30 F above normal.

I don't like extreme heat or cold, but I prefer hot weather to what we're getting next week (every day below freezing :o ). Fortunately, it's pretty mild here (rarely below 20 F/-7 C or above 95 F/35 C.)
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

I live in Texas and it gets much hotter than that during the summer. Yes, I do hate it.

I have always had a preference for colder weather (I was born in Connecticut where it is much cooler), even though I've lived down in Texas for at least 15 years by now. You think I'd be used to it.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Here in Hanoi, the winter isn't statistically that bad, but it feels terrible because of humidity combined with bad AC. Most of the winters I've spent were in buildings with zero insulation, so even if you have a small heater (They don't build proper radiators here) it doesn't help much.

The heat of the summer feels like Texas, though oddly it's not as high in temperature. Guess it's the humidity striking again.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I love my southern humid weather
That crazy voice dude
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I'll take cold over heat any day. I can always put more on, but there are more limits on what I can take off. 25C-30C (77F-86F) is a little uncomfortable for me, and anything higher tends to sap my energy and motivation to do anything. I'm fine with the cold up until about -10C (14F).
Nabmeonr890
shuba

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

Sebby19 wrote:Question for Nabmeonr890: Because it gets so hot down in Austrialia, is it normal for people to go "Screw it! It's too hot!", and strip down?
yeah sometimes me and some others i know will just be in our undies if it gets hot enough
also wew lad
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Nabmeonr890 wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:Question for Nabmeonr890: Because it gets so hot down in Austrialia, is it normal for people to go "Screw it! It's too hot!", and strip down?
yeah sometimes me and some others i know will just be in our undies if it gets hot enough
Ah, but you don't know anyone who goes further than that? ;)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Sebby19 wrote:
Nabmeonr890 wrote:
Ah, but you don't know anyone who goes further than that? ;)
I mean, it's cooler in Tasmania, if that's what you're getting at.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

It's supposed to hit -9F tomorrow morning around me, but we've been going through a strangely back and forth winter this year. It was raining a couple of days ago, only got to around 40F.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Lockirby2 wrote:I'll take cold over heat any day. I can always put more on, but there are more limits on what I can take off. 25C-30C (77F-86F) is a little uncomfortable for me, and anything higher tends to sap my energy and motivation to do anything. I'm fine with the cold up until about -10C (14F).
Wait did I write this in an alternate account in my sleep or something?! That is 100% me.

(and trust me, when it's gotten over 35C I've considered taking off clothes, skin and flesh, I'm sure skeletons don't mind that heat, :P )
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

hardcore_crispy wrote:It's supposed to hit -9F tomorrow morning around me, but we've been going through a strangely back and forth winter this year. It was raining a couple of days ago, only got to around 40F.
Where do you live such that you use Fahrenheit and it's -9 degrees
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

ano0maly wrote:
hardcore_crispy wrote:It's supposed to hit -9F tomorrow morning around me, but we've been going through a strangely back and forth winter this year. It was raining a couple of days ago, only got to around 40F.
anywhere in the upper parts of the US
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

ano0maly wrote:
Wisconsin. We're not as continuously cold as Canada, but we do get pretty down there in temp in the deep winter months. :)
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.