(shouting)

Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic revolution practice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slit08

Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic revolution practice

Post by Slit08 »

Hey there guys,

even though the first video of raocow's new B-side project has not been uploaded yet he gave me the okay to create and post in this thread.

Now some of you might ask why raocow does not continue Distorted Travesty even though he told us he would when he posted his drawing video. Well, since I know the endgame levels of both Yoshi's Island and Distorted Travesty and the pain they can be I suggested him to wait with DT until he finishes YI since the quality of both projects might suffer due to frustration.
And since I didn't want to be all whiney and basically bitch about difficulty in games I wanted to be constructive and suggested a fun little game that might work as a somewhat relaxing and entertaining B side to the hard and demanding N!SMW2.

Megaman Day in the Limelight is a Megaman fangame produced by Riverroad, who is part of the Fusion Fanagaming team. Said team of many talented developers is most known for its "main" project Mushroom Kingdom Fusion or in short MKF.
Basically this game can be regarded as a Megaman 2 spin off, in which the player is going to control the 6 Robot Masters of the original Megaman game. These Robot Masters all have their original abilities and are going to fight 6 of the Robot Masters from MM 2. However, this game features a new and unique design for MM 2 based levels due to the way, RMs can interact with their environment due to their abilites.

Well, that's all for now. I do not want to spoil anything further for you. Just have fun either watching raocow's LP or playing it along with him.

Last but not least here's a link to the download page for MM: Day in the Limelight:
http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resourc ... cseen.html

So without further redue let's get this revolution practice with robots start!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic revolution practice

Post by AuraLancer »

Welp, I guess a link in here works too.

As I said in the romhack shack section, you can get the sequel to this game in the forum through that link as well. The second game isn't quite finished yet, it's currently sitting at a .7 beta version. Hopefully raocow can give it a go later...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I tried this one out a year or so ago and thought about doing this myself, but I just didn't like how the recording turned out. It's a fun game overall, and I'm almost always up for some Blue Bomber action... even if it's his bros doing the bashing for him this time around.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I thought you were playing it :|
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

@ raocow

JoyToKey is a software that allows you to map or bind Controller input to a keyboard key or mouse button. If a game does not offer any options for controllers, you can just use this thing to make your own controller input options.

This is practical for Flash games, for example, or Game Maker games whose programmer didn't bother to make controller input. Of course, some games play better with a keyboard, so you might want to try both things if you wanna make up your mind about it.
video games
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Mandew wrote:JoyToKey is a software that allows you to map or bind Controller input to a keyboard key or mouse button. If a game does not offer any options for controllers, you can just use this thing to make your own controller input options.
From what I know, raocow already has that and has used it for quite a few LPs so far including Distorted Travesty.
EiresWind

Post by EiresWind »

I adore this game. Great suggestion. Although if he's looking to cool his blood Hard is not the way to do it... leastwise not by the time Quick Man's stage rolls around.
TerabiteX

Post by TerabiteX »

From what I've seen of Wood Man's stage, this game looks fun and really well made. The attention to detail is especially good; it looks and plays exactly like the original stage, obviously aside from the Cut Man-accessible platforms and the lack of respawning enemies (which would take the difficulty from very challenging to unfair.)

Since it's only six levels, I'm sure getting through it won't take raocow too many recording sessions. I wonder if playing on hard is a good idea though. The original was a fairly difficult game in its own right, and since Cut Man (and presumably, the rest of the Robot Masters) are somewhat handicapped compared to Mega Man, raocow might be in for a rough time even with infinite lives. Playing such a difficult game hardly seems like a break at the moment. He did say it was a very fun kind of hard though, so I suppose as long as he's enjoying it, I can't complain. It was very entertaining to watch!
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Oh those <insert your favorite profanity here> BIRDS! :evil:

At least in MM2 you had the Metal Blade to deal with them... actually the Metal Blade dealt with pretty much everything...

Slit08 wrote:Now some of you might ask why raocow does not continue Distorted Travesty even though he told us he would when he posted his drawing video. Well, since I know the endgame levels of both Yoshi's Island and Distorted Travesty and the pain they can be I suggested him to wait with DT until he finishes YI since the quality of both projects might suffer due to frustration.
And since I didn't want to be all whiney and basically bitch about difficulty in games I wanted to be constructive and suggested a fun little game that might work as a somewhat relaxing and entertaining B side to the hard and demanding N!SMW2.
So you offered up... a Mega Man game... to make things less frustrating? :?

Don't get me wrong, I adore Mega Man. But I certainly wouldn't choose it as a "cooldown" game when dealing with the likes of DT's or YI's end levels.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

You know what a good cooldown game is? Karoshi. You could..wait..I said that last time.

Damn it, give me a week to come up with something else.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
EiresWind

Post by EiresWind »

I will say you can expect all stages on Hard Mode to be really, really hard. Cut Man hard? No, I wouldn't go that far. But there are no walks. On the flipside, if you were enjoying the kind of short gauntlet style of challenge, and wanted to see if you can conquer this shit, all stages share the generous respawn points that Cut Man's had. So with infinite lives it becomes somewhat like an AUS experience of tackling short bursts of insanity between generous save points. Without the heart doors. Except for Bomb Man. That level is heart doors.

Guts Man is probably the second hardest after Cut Man so I think you might wanna reconsider your childhood if you plan to tackle this immediately tomorrow night.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Was there not 8 robot masters? Who got left out from each game?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Sebby19 wrote:Was there not 8 robot masters? Who got left out from each game?
The first Mega Man game only had six robot masters (Time Man and Oil Man were added in the PSP remake). As for the two extra MM2 masters:
EiresWind wrote:Shhhh.
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

AuraLancer, that last part should be in a spoiler tag.
raocow on "raocow":
raocow wrote:I like it all in small letters but I have to admit it looks pretty awkward left that way at the start of a sentence.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Why? It could either mean "Shutup, I didn't think of that." or "Shutup, don't spoil it."
Who is to say which one it is?
Not I.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

It's pretty much a spoiler tag that can't be opened.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

This game is fantastic. Even though it has the most overwelming gimmick possible on an NES Mega Man game, it still feels the same in a way. The difficulty may be hard, but it's the same NES style hard that we people can approve.
Also, at the heatman boss, could you do it with a guest commentator and have your eyes closed? :D

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

Cutman is quite obviously ineffective against Woodman. Ever tried to cut a log with scissors?

Quite interesting project, although I'm really worried about raocow's sanity if he's going to continue on hard mode...
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

raocow, didn't your mother ever tell you not to play games for the very first time on the highest difficulty setting? Didn't your own personal experience? On multiple occasions?

In any event, this looks like an interesting concept, unfortunate "Options" settings aside. Let's just hope the ending doesn't consist of the author engaging in self-praise and awkwardly injecting non-topical political commentary.

And "I'm getting bird-ered here" was a moment of true brilliance.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I tried Cutman myself before watching the video on normal mode/4 lives, and now I can say hard mode doesn't only change the damage you take, quite a lot of jumps are tighter and woodman has more "uncuttable" leaves.

This game seems pretty cool and makes me want to play it this weekend.

Also today's video was hilarious. I couldn't help but lol when raocow died when woodman had 1 hp left.

Vector

Post by Vector »

I love that the enemies Cutman kills actually end up cut in half. It's a nice touch :)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

After watching that first video, I'm not so sure hard mode is the way to go. Huh.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

I'd also like to throw in a vote for Normal difficulty. Not because I think you can't handle Hard, just because I think it would make for more entertaining videos. This video was basically a bunch of short rooms and death montages. You regularly say that you won't play games like Jumper on the grounds that videos would mostly be you dying over and over in the same places as you try to learn them one room at a time. This game on hard seems like it's going to be the same way, at least from this level.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I was more entertained by this video than I have been in a while. Probably because YI seems like it's a chore and this (after an hour and a half?) didn't seem like that at all. The bizarre grunting on that one jump was particularly hilarious.

Of course, he may get tired of it in a couple of days and you guys will be proved right.
dont wanna jihad no more