(shouting)

Everything raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Everything raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Post by Bean »

Thank you for numbering what episode a video is in a series. That's one of those features that some would think is meaningless, but to a person that has spent a part of his evening downloading videos from one site, it's making things much easier to keep in the proper order.
Servant

Post by Servant »

When going to Episode 2 of VIP4, I get this error message:
System Error

Something broke pretty badly. This shouldn't happen!!
Please let Thissa know about it here.

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0
on line 175 of /home/admin/everything/episode.php
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Servant wrote:When going to Episode 2 of VIP4, I get this error message:
System Error

Something broke pretty badly. This shouldn't happen!!
Please let Thissa know about it here.

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0
on line 175 of /home/admin/everything/episode.php
Thanks, this has been fixed!
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

I didn't read the full thread, someone might have already said this, but I really wish the "Date List" format was back on everything.raocow. However, just because there isn't a button doesn't mean it stopped existing, so I recommend that those who miss it, bookmark it for easy access: http://everything.raocow.com/by_date.php
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Petzi wrote:I didn't read the full thread, someone might have already said this, but I really wish the "Date List" format was back on everything.raocow. However, just because there isn't a button doesn't mean it stopped existing, so I recommend that those who miss it, bookmark it for easy access: http://everything.raocow.com/by_date.php
That URL is going to stop working in a few weeks as soon as I finish up raocow's new admin area and delete the old framework, just FYI. It's replacement is the calendar page.
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Thissa wrote:That URL is going to stop working in a few weeks as soon as I finish up raocow's new admin area and delete the old framework, just FYI. It's replacement is the calendar page.
But... the calender page is terrible and is impossible to navigate... Why would you do such a horrible thing? I won't be able to browse videos with any sort of comfort. Seriously, the calender page sucks. It's hardly a replacement if it doesn't satisfy the same needs.

Doesn't anyone else here feel the same?
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Petzi wrote:But... the calender page is terrible and is impossible to navigate... Why would you do such a horrible thing? I won't be able to browse videos with any sort of comfort. Seriously, the calender page sucks. It's hardly a replacement if it doesn't satisfy the same needs.

Doesn't anyone else here feel the same?
How is it terrible and impossible to navigate? On the old page, you have to keep clicking on the arrows, or a particular page number to try to find a given day, and hope that you get it right, or get close. The calendar lets you jump directly to the videos for a given day, so if you've gone on vacation and need to catch up on your daily raocow when you get back, you can start with the day you left and click on each day from there. I find it a massive usability improvement.
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

They're both good for different things. If you've gone on vacation and back, you probably know the day you left and can jump straight there with the calendar. I tend to get a few days behind schedule and I really know what was the last day I watched raocow on, so I use the date list because the video titles generally "ring a bell", therefore I can recognize the last video I watched. In the calendar, I have to take a guess and start clicking on days at random to find the video I want.

I like it because it's a mid-term between wanting to browse the only latest three days and wanting to browse the whole archive by date. I guess the calendar's pretty good if you want to find out what games raocow played on the 20th of March 2009, but for my daily video-finding purposes, I just makes it harder for me to find the video I want by not having any recognizable features besides the date. What kills me is not being able to see the title. Would it be that bothersome to just keep both of them and make everyone happy?
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Looks like the recent DT videos got duplicated and the numbers got desynced from youtube when we came back from our server change.

Unfortunately I can't fix it at the moment, because the same server change locked me out of the database :P So be advised if you're watching that series, and see the same video twice.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

is there any specific reason why my settings on everything.raocow.com reset randomly? Every 24 hours or so, they reset to the default site settings.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Onyx3173 wrote:is there any specific reason why my settings on everything.raocow.com reset randomly? Every 24 hours or so, they reset to the default site settings.
Hm, they shouldn't be. Is this happening to anyone else? Also, do you have anything that could be blocking or clearing your cookies?
Alice

Post by Alice »

I shouldn't have anything that's doing it. I don't have the issue on any other site. The only program I use that could affect cookies is CCleaner which I have set to not do anything with cookies. (And I haven't run it in a few weeks anyways.) As for addons on Firefox, I don't have anything that should be affecting cookies either.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I have one minor complaint about the site's setup.

http://i.imgur.com/Evc2s.png

The link there for the episode page (and the one in the section above it for the series) span the entire width of that section over to the image. It's only a minor annoyance but I can't tell you how many times I've replied to someone in Steam only to click back into Firefox and click those links. Is there any chance that the links could be shortened to only cover the section with text? (That's having Firefox maximized on a 1920x1080 screen btw if it matters at all.)
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Onyx3173 wrote:I have one minor complaint about the site's setup.

http://i.imgur.com/Evc2s.png

The link there for the episode page (and the one in the section above it for the series) span the entire width of that section over to the image. It's only a minor annoyance but I can't tell you how many times I've replied to someone in Steam only to click back into Firefox and click those links. Is there any chance that the links could be shortened to only cover the section with text? (That's having Firefox maximized on a 1920x1080 screen btw if it matters at all.)
Actually, I want to shorten them into a two-column view like the games list page. Haven't done it yet because we're supposed to have a designer coming on board to make the site actually look halfway-decent, unfortunately, the last two times we tried that, they went AWOL on us.

But yeah, in the mean time, let me see what I can do about that.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

And... v2.0.8 is released, with the link span AND the cookie issues fixed.

A couple important notes about this one:
- CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE or you will see all game/episode titles in white instead of red. (edit: did a hack so you might not have to do this now)
- If you have previously gone to the "Settings" page and changed anything, those changes have been reset, sorry. But if you go back and set them again, they'll stick this time. Promise :)
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Thissa wrote:But if you go back and set them again, they'll stick this time. Promise :)
Do not believe this swine's lies. He is a silver tongued serpent trying to trick you simply for his own amusement.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Alice

Post by Alice »

That should save me a lot of extraneous page loads now. Thanks Thissa.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Thissa wrote:Looks like the recent DT videos got duplicated and the numbers got desynced from youtube when we came back from our server change.

Unfortunately I can't fix it at the moment, because the same server change locked me out of the database :P So be advised if you're watching that series, and see the same video twice.
Just to call attention to this, since I think it's related to the DT issue:

http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3186
http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3184

The 4-3 video for New! Super Mario World 2 has somehow weaseled its way into the 2012 Vanilla Contest listings.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: Just to call attention to this, since I think it's related to the DT issue:

http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3186
http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3184

The 4-3 video for New! Super Mario World 2 has somehow weaseled its way into the 2012 Vanilla Contest listings.
Thanks, this has been fixed.

The DT issue I mentioned earlier is a bit more of a pain in the butt to fix, I'll wait until the series has finished before dealing with that one.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I just noticed there's a minor error in the calendar page. June is labelled as July in both the dropdown box and on the calendar itself.

In fact looking more closely it seems more just randomly changed. Is that a site issue or some weird bug with my browser? Clearing my cache and ctrl+f5ing doesn't seem to be fixing it. It's the latest nightly build of Firefox.

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Looks fine to me in Chrome
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Onyx3173 wrote:I just noticed there's a minor error in the calendar page. June is labelled as July in both the dropdown box and on the calendar itself.

In fact looking more closely it seems more just randomly changed. Is that a site issue or some weird bug with my browser? Clearing my cache and ctrl+f5ing doesn't seem to be fixing it. It's the latest nightly build of Firefox.

Works for me, even with the latest FF nightly. Anyone else having that problem?
Alice

Post by Alice »

It's actually really odd. I've gone and rechecked that page since and it doesn't seem to be doing it for me. But last night when I posted about it, even clearing my cache and ctrl+f5ing didn't help so I've got absolutely no idea what happened here. Seems like a really random glitch.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Apparently the "random" button can give you videos that don't exist? I just got an Invalid Episode ID error (http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=2183) from using it.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Apparently the "random" button can give you videos that don't exist? I just got an Invalid Episode ID error (http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=2183) from using it.
Fixed, thanks!