Graphics Discussion: Requests, help and general

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A2MT GFX Thread

Post by Tails_155 »

Unless someone says that you can, I assume.

Anyway, I really wanna know what people think. If it is made, I'll probably use it myself, I already think I have an idea perfect for it.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

Oh wow I actually have time to make some graphics I know it's amazing
[attachment=0]gfx.PNG[/attachment]
HQ Fire Flower, HQ Booger Bat, a possible Charlie replacement (how does it use tools without arms? Pychokinesis!) and another Charlie that I originally made for a single level gimmick that I since scrapped and figured I might as well add here.
Attachments
gfx.PNG
gfx.PNG (6.69 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Nifty stuff! Does my other idea live up to the color standards we're going for, or do you think it should be recolored (more colors?) I can do it if you think it's too few colors.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Tails_155 wrote:OKAY! raocow DO NOT READ THIS. If it is used I want the surprise to come in you playing against it :P Seeing it now would totally spoil it.
CHData, could you make this for like a fake goal room? I want it to be proximity triggered (3-5 blocks away) and to move like Monty Moles (speed and clumsiness.) If not, that's cool, but I just came up with the idea in that ASM lunacy thread and decided to sprite it with all the one-eye things going on.

It's supposed to act like a ball would if it were trying to start rolling from a dead stop (and being a crystal type thing, it's gotta fight minimal traction :P)

I'm debating how to make it function as far as whether it should be invincible and a thing to dodge (maybe more like a disco shell than a Monty Mole,) or to make it something of a weak miniboss (3 hits or something, become a goal sphere,) or just to make it a simple enemy.
I just mentioned this on the Level Ideas thread, independent of your idea.
I'd actually like to try making this myself, since it's a pretty simple custom sprite. Do you think it should be killable at all, or should you not even be able to touch it?
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I dunno, I want to make it a surprise more than anything. Like I said, I am almost into it being like a really weak miniboss (hit it 3 times and it becomes a regular goal sphere) but I dunno. Make it however you want, I'll just warp my idea around it. (Make sure it uses all the frames though :P)
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Paralars wrote:well in some kirby games, the skull on bombio looks like that... if that's what you mean.
Look in the post above, there you see such a skull.

Oh, and Mr. cow if you want to make the bomb unique, do it or make a suggestion how it could be done, please :mrgreen:
That skull doesn't look like a question mark at all to me.

Also guys: 1 & 2

In video 2 skip to 3:30 and watch on. (Btw, I actually have Carol's sprite pack, with all of his custom sprites. He gave it to me when I asked. I know how to get them working too. But alot/most are hardcoded.)
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

chdata wrote:
Paralars wrote:well in some kirby games, the skull on bombio looks like that... if that's what you mean.
Look in the post above, there you see such a skull.

Oh, and Mr. cow if you want to make the bomb unique, do it or make a suggestion how it could be done, please :mrgreen:
That skull doesn't look like a question mark at all to me.
OOOOh now I got you right :oops: , I thought you meant I had changed the skull to a "...?", something you don't recognize.
Okay, the idea is to change it to a question mark, right? Okay I will do that :P

Here is the more shaded bombio with question and exclamation mark

Oh and I like Terry's booger bat, too :mrgreen:
I just thought of some glowing goo so I didn't shade it too much.
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

Just checking in to say terry's chuck is GIGANTIC. I love it
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

okay another thing.
The sandcastles in ASMT were used kind of often, so here's an idea for a new mole:

I found the idea of a sand bug good but I had no idea how to put all the jaws and antennas and legs into the little tile, so that is the best I got :|
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I love the idea! :D I think it looks pretty good, too. Are those colors able to work with the mole setup, though? The beetle may end up blue...

Things we overlooked in the past we may want to consider this time: Venus Fire Trap, Boomerang Bro, Bomb Bro, Fire Bro (did we use it?,) normal Hammer Bro, Sledge Bro... any Bro... bro -shot-

Custom sprites were forgotten, even though some were used a lot. Shouldn't we offer a general template for people who use them?

Fun project: Check back to this post, I'm going to make a list of used custom sprites.

Since I dunno what the stuff inserted means in every case, I'm going to have to go by videos :S

Phanto
Giant Phanto
Venus Fire Trap
Bullet Bro
Bomb Bro
Boomerang Bro
Blooper (? These were in the game? I don't remember them.)
Hammer Bro
Big Bullet Bill
Moltov Bro
Shell Bro
Fire Bro (? Someone could use it)
Sledge Bro (? Could be used)

Other sprites could be used if someone's level has it, we may want to consider making original graphics. So this may span all the way to the end of the hack, as we won't know what sprites people have used.
Personalness

Post by Personalness »

since nobody has said anything about it yet, i vote that banzai bill stays, but with a new facial expression.
I have a difficult time conveying what I want to say.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I think we should make original graphics for those, since I'm assuming those are sprites that should be in the base rom that people will use to make their levels.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Speaking of, do we know what all the base ROM will have?

We should probably take care of that soon, too, make a list anyway.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Tails_155 wrote:I love the idea! :D I think it looks pretty good, too. Are those colors able to work with the mole setup, though? The beetle may end up blue...

Things we overlooked in the past we may want to consider this time: Venus Fire Trap, Boomerang Bro, Bomb Bro, Fire Bro (did we use it?,) normal Hammer Bro, Sledge Bro... any Bro... bro -shot-

Custom sprites were forgotten, even though some were used a lot. Shouldn't we offer a general template for people who use them?

Other sprites could be used if someone's level has it, we may want to consider making original graphics. So this may span all the way to the end of the hack, as we won't know what sprites people have used.
I don't know if it works with the mole palette, i just drew right away. It could have a custom palette and it might also just be a prototype, anyway.

And I would also like to have a fire piranha plant and some brothers (those could just use the standard brother GFX I think)
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

Paralars wrote:I don't know if it works with the mole palette, i just drew right away. It could have a custom palette and it might also just be a prototype, anyway.
A sprite can't have a custom palette.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Paralars wrote:okay another thing.
The sandcastles in ASMT were used kind of often, so here's an idea for a new mole:

I found the idea of a sand bug good but I had no idea how to put all the jaws and antennas and legs into the little tile, so that is the best I got :|
I really like the idea of an insect jumping out of the sand. I don't know if the sprite is completely ready yet, though.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Machoman wrote:
Paralars wrote:I don't know if it works with the mole palette, i just drew right away. It could have a custom palette and it might also just be a prototype, anyway.
A sprite can't have a custom palette.
Well i had no idea what I was talking obviously :| .
palette ok, sprite ok, palette + sprite + me = CONFUSION
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I'd like to request from now on that people draw there GFX using YY-CHR and .bin files and use the normal SMW palette, or the HQ one once it gets decided.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

I drew the the bug from the picture Paralars showed, and it looks like this with the SMW palette:
This picture bugs me...
This picture bugs me...
bugs.PNG (4.78 KiB) Viewed 4807 times
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I already translated some GFX into .bin but I think it is more inconvenient to do it like that so I draw my prototypes, which I am showing you here with MSPaint *cough* and only with YYCHR if people like it.

The picture of the bug doesn't look bad, maybe a pitch in the wrong hue but c'mon.
Okay the antennas are purple but I honestly had no idea which color to make them so I just made them red but that color really doesn't interest me much :)
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Do you think it would look better with a black outline?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I think dark brown is good, black outlines wouldn't be MUCH of a difference but IMO, brown is still better, if it is doable.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

I added a black outline:
Mario is trying to be one of them :o
Mario is trying to be one of them :o
bugs igen.PNG (4.34 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I also think MSPaint would be the best starting thing, but perhaps use the palette Terry Paint'd

Otherwise you YY-CHR stuff that may not even be used...
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

The way outlines look is a pretty integral part of what a given spriting style is like so not having black ones would clash with the stuff I made/am making. I use black for my outlines as I find it's a pretty good idea to use it since it's pretty distinctive as a whole - it's very important that the sprites don't "fade" into the background, and coloured or selective outlines are normally only used when the background is already rather distinct from the sprites say by being darker or using different colours, and since this isn't the case in SMW...
[attachment=0]bombu.PNG[/attachment]
The bombguy uses palette A (the yellow one), so no purple, sorry.

(Also yeah MSPaint forevah)
Attachments
bombu.PNG
bombu.PNG (674 Bytes) Viewed 4783 times