(shouting)

Graphics Discussion: Requests, help and general

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Paralars

Re: A2MT GFX Thread

Post by Paralars »

Those thwomps are an awesome idea, they should be used at least on some levels :lol:

And about the bombs: I first made them with a skull, but people said it should be unique, so I made a new one with chdata's ?-idea, i don't know If people would think it is funny.
i think we can use terrys version of the bomb as normal bob-omb, wether we add a "random-bomb" or not.
And the sandbug is good i think, it still needs fine tuning like black outlines and a special palette where it is used. I'll try to work on that.

Oh and the reset doors... I think we should use the ones from the ghost house, but they must be recolored

Edit: I made a seconds version of the sandbug with black outlines and only 3 tones of brown.
The jaws are to filigree to add black outlines I think, but that should be decent.
Maybe it could be lighter overall, but it still needs a special palette where it is used anyway, to show it in good colors

And in case you like the eye-fish, I did some changes and recolored it with Terrys hq palettes in some variations:

(raocow allowed spoiler)
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

There's something about the outlining around the eye of the fish that bugs me. Since it's "inside" of the sprite, maybe you should use coloured outlines there instead?

Oh, and you're using the HQ palette I posted in the first A2MT thread? Because I'm afraid that one's been deemed implausible - use the one in the Base ROM thread instead.

So yeah, I completely forgot just how tedious it can be to make sprites for Mario. I mean, I'm not even making completely new ones but rather editing Demo and it still takes forever and a half. I'm honestly not sure when I'll be done with the first costume, and whether I'll be able to make more than two or so within a reasonable time limit!

Well, while I was working on that I also made a few random HQ stuffs and possible replacements:
[attachment=0]moargfx.PNG[/attachment]
Top to bottom:
- The other sprites for the Duckcat
- Possible Piranha Plant: Drill Rose
- Possible Thwimp: The weight I made ages ago that I still like
- Possible Hopping Flame: Mega Man Flame. Also old.
- Possible Pokey: Eyeball thing. If you could tweak it to be red that'd be pretty neat.
- HQ Blargmarine
- Possible Torpedo: Psyduck. Dug this one out of the old graphics vote thread because I think it's pretty funny. And yes, it still uses palette 9.
- Possible Bowser statues: Gastrodon Statues

... Oh right, I still need to finish Kamen Chuck. Eh, maybe later.
Attachments
moargfx.PNG
moargfx.PNG (4.01 KiB) Viewed 4757 times
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Blimey, great work as usual Terry, liking it all especially the rose, blargg, and statues.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I love the hopping flame and the rose, poor psyduck :lol:

Yes I used your HQ palette you posted in the base ROM thread.
And I somehow think the black eyelids look better, otherwise I would need a really dark tone of that color, which would make for example 4 red's, idk... :|

[OT]: Nice avatar :mrgreen:
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Stellar again, Terry. Some of those I'm unsure if we'll use, but others I think are pretty solid.

Personal note: The rose is fantastic! Don't forget the helicopter petal.

Idea: If we use the Drill Rose, could you maybe try a snapdragon for the Venus Fire Trap?
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

By the way, this is what fishclops looks like with the original cheep cheep's palette. Although it is intended as a blurps, I think it also looks good

Oh and about the snapdragon idea: as a plant or as a semi-good wordplay? :mrgreen:
Terry von Feleday

Five things:

- A while ago, I posted these HQ powerups, wings and Goopas in my sprite thread. Are we going to use these?
[attachment=0]goopagoopagoopgoop.PNG[/attachment]

- I made a few alterations to TDemo's GFX32, mainly remaking the ducking sprites (they still look terrible, but at least slightly less so than before), but also making a few minor fixes to stuff like the cape:
[attachment=1]tdemoupdateGFX32.rar[/attachment]

- I made a sprite for the clapping Chuck, but, uh
[attachment=2]damnitsmw.PNG[/attachment]
The left one is how I want it and how it appears in Lunar Magic. The right one is from the actual game. Can anyone tell me what the off is going on and how I make it go away?

- What "generic" custom sprites should we make custom graphics for, exactly? So far, I understood the fire spitting plant and the various bros, but what else?

- ...Is someone aside from Paralars and me actually going to come up with some enemy ideas?
Attachments
goopagoopagoopgoop.PNG
goopagoopagoopgoop.PNG (3.46 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
tdemoupdateGFX32.rar
(9.73 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
damnitsmw.PNG
damnitsmw.PNG (1.44 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

HQ Goopas look epic!
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I kinda miss the absurdity of the old duckjump but that looks really nice, good job. One suggestion I might make is have a look at the castle destruction scenes at the bottom, some of the legs are missing proper colouring and are of a lower quality in general because I did them with the ASMT palette.

As far as graphic swap ideas go I ran out of ideas before the half way point of ASMT, but heck I'll try.
Terry von Feleday

Are we really going to have the castle destruction scenes? I mean come on, those are so old and worn out by now.

Okay I'm really just saying this to avoid the extra effort but those sequences are really kind of pointless by this point.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I do think it'd be nice if we had a new set of post-castle cutscenes, but that's up to the people who can do that kind of stuff. (I always love the dud and fly into the hill ones :P)
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

please no castle destruction scenes!

What do people think of these guys as a replacement for urchins?

They're called Forams. They\re based off of a real organism which is basically an amoeba with a suit of armor. The tentacles extend and retract and his eyes twitch.

EDIT: while this is a screenshot of my hack i'm not necessarily using it in my hack, and if people like the basic idea i can make a new one with the HQ pallette :D
Last edited by Cecil Deacon 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Wait, is your hack discontinued? I want to reconfirm that we aren't intending to use graphics/etc from others' hacks.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix

Post by QuietProtag »

Cecil Deacon wrote:
What do people think of these guys as a replacement for urchins?

They're called Forams. They\re based off of a real organism which is basically an amoeba with a suit of armor. The tentacles extend and retract and his eyes twitch.
I like that! These are looking good!
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

*points to edit*

i realize that, but i'm
1) not necessarily using that graphic (i have some other people doing sprite work, this was something i did to kill time)
2) more just seeing if people want to change the design from a clam to an amoeba
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

In that case, I do think it's nifty. Just wanted to confirm that you're not using it for another project.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

@the hq goopas: They look like they had been vaporized with gold :lol:
I kinda like their look but what happened to black outlines?
@the mask charlie: They look different from the picture you posted before (green face), are you going to adjust the colors of that one or is that intended?
@the amoeba thingy: It is awesome :mrgreen: what does the animation look like? (pic plz)
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Terry von Feleday wrote:Are we really going to have the castle destruction scenes? I mean come on, those are so old and worn out by now.

Okay I'm really just saying this to avoid the extra effort but those sequences are really kind of pointless by this point.
It would be better if the custom bosses people code could teleport to another level that has a cutscene. Since the castle cutscenes never really matched the environment anyway.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

about the snapdragon as venus fire trap:

how is that?

It uses hq palette A, one version as normal firespitter-plant, one version with dragon-lizard-y tongue

And because I had time and nothing better to work on with my limited know-how, I changed the eyefish and gave them colored eyelid-outlines as terry suggested/ordered :lol:

It is really not a big difference, though
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I really like that snap dragon. As far as the fish: looks nice really cool, is it supposed to be some sort of pick thing? Because I am wondering why there are so many colors.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Well it has to be about some of these colors and with so many colors, it is hard to decide on one. (Personally I like palette 9 the best)
So either we make kind if a "look at me I am available in different colors nao"-sprite or the people chooses on one (or none).
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

If someone is willing to make alternate versions of the sprite in different colors, by all means! :)
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I'd like to have the crimson one (P9), the green one (PD) and the blue one (PB) inside if the fish and the multicolor option is actually taken, but then there have to be custom sprites at least for 2 of them, they all use different color numbers.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

We can use tweaker to change palettes if you really want, but I think for the most part the palette will be decided by whatever the original enemy you're changing used.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I know that, I just meant that If we wanted to have 3 different colored fish, there would have to be different sprites for them, because they use different color numbers.
And which palette does blurps use? D? Actually it doesn't matter because there is a possible fish for almost every palette.