(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Paralars

Re: Testing and Development - Note added 27-5 11:27 EDT

Post by Paralars »

To show that I am actually working on stuff, here is a screenshot.
The first part of my level features various jumping challenges. They get harder and the further you get, the more rewards you get before continuing to the first sublevel.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

If the verifier checks for (U) (!), so if the verifier says it isn't that, then there's no way it can be that as far as I can know, and I can only think something happened to what you thought was a reliable source.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I found another source, and this one says clean. So I'm good now.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Verification conversation (lol rhyme) is probably best outside of here... unless you justify it as testing... :S Bogging down the thread.

Here's how this looks.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

catplanet3.png
- randoguy101
Gamerkid400

Post by Gamerkid400 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXCvlNjBdI

I've done some editing of my level and tried to make it have a somewhat more gimmicky feel with use of Chucks. I redid the look of the level a little also. I'll try to continue working on it tomorrow. Let me know if this looks a little better for now.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Seeing as this is a development/testing thread, I thought this could be a relevant place to put this:

For my level, I need to use palette exanimation to make things black and white. This is not a problem, except for with parrot coins. I cannot override the "flashing" palette for the parrot coins. I added a modified version without the flashing palette into one of my exgfx files, and I set a map 16 tile to act like the original, but it became a solid block that gives you a dragon coin, but stays solid.

So, anyone have a solution?
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Gamerkid400: The bits in the chest area where you have to use the discoshell, that looks a lot better. It could do to have some castle tiles instead of lots of cement blocks, but I like the football field and the challenge. If you could make the whole level like that, with different gimmicky things, and tighten up the graphics this could be pretty nifty.
yoshibear1009
Location: A place... A forbidden place... Where no may enter... or leave....

Post by yoshibear1009 »

My palette and background. I got the "NO CHANGING SO & SO PALETTE" Late though >.<
Thank you for reading my post ^^
tatanga

Re: Testing and Development

Post by tatanga »

VideoGuy wrote:
tatanga wrote:Thanks for the tutorial, YCZ, and thanks for the help, Machoman. Here's a look at my Runman level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNlr1iIFeo
I'm not trying to tell you how to make your level, but wouldn't it be more runman-esque if you had some code that made Mario move forward automatically?
You can go back in runman though...

Also, I want to give the player the ability to go back and search for dragon coins and the treasure chest as well. That would work as an interesting idea for another level though if anyone else wants to try it.
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

OH MAN, GRASS!
- randoguy101
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

That could probably be done through LevelASM if you want someone to attempt it.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

It could simply be "If you press B you go at this speed and can't turn around", but if you REALLY want to be like RunMan, it'd be quite difficult to make him bounce off the walls, leave a trail behind, run over water, etc.
- randoguy101
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

I'm working with someone on creating a more authentic runman feel using levelasm. Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Cheeseofdoom wrote:Seeing as this is a development/testing thread, I thought this could be a relevant place to put this:

For my level, I need to use palette exanimation to make things black and white. This is not a problem, except for with parrot coins. I cannot override the "flashing" palette for the parrot coins. I added a modified version without the flashing palette into one of my exgfx files, and I set a map 16 tile to act like the original, but it became a solid block that gives you a dragon coin, but stays solid.

So, anyone have a solution?
Level - Edit Animation Settings... | uncheck "Enable original game's palette animation"
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Wow, thanks. I can't believe I didn't notice that...

Oddly enough, as a part compromise, part aesthetic detail, and mostly because I have all but five Exanimation spaces left, I'm keeping some things colored, it gives me more freedom, and it doesn't look too bad.
ChaoticFox

Post by ChaoticFox »

Well aren't you a cute little troll!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

If I was planning to do Palette ExAnimation on a/some tile(s), do I need ExGFX slots, or just the Map16 slots?
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Ometeotl wrote:If I was planning to do Palette ExAnimation on a/some tile(s), do I need ExGFX slots, or just the Map16 slots?
For palettes, you do not need ExGFX or Map16 slots.
ChaoticFox wrote:No peeking, raocow!
That sure looks like fun, visually pleasing as well. No over the top level gimmicks, just a nice, enjoyable level. A very nice music piece as well.

EDIT: Just now noticed the gimmick xD, love it wither way.

Which brings me to another question, if we have no clue what music we want for our level, can we have it chosen for us?
Last edited by Cheeseofdoom 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoticFox

Post by ChaoticFox »

Palette ExAnimation affects a single color on a single palette. You won't need ExGFX nor Map16 data.

EDIT:
Cheeseofdoom wrote:if we have no clue what music we want for our level, can we have it chosen for us?
Since the first ASMT had custom music for every stage, I'm pretty sure it is chosen for you if you haven't picked a song out yourself.
Last edited by ChaoticFox 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

ChaoticFox:
This is a great gimmick, and I really like how you showcase it in a well made 'normal' level setting. Maybe for a second half, have the player in situations where the constant jumping hinders them, so they can get a feel for it in the 'normal' area, then go through the real challenge. Either way I look forward to more from this level, these are exactly the kind of things we want to be seeing in A2MT.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

ChaoticFox wrote:No peeking, raocow!
Nice palettes (What's with the blue berries though?). I have a couple of suggestions for the level:

At 0:25, It looks wierd having the arch stretch behind the land even though you fall through in front of the land if you try to walk there.

I don't know it's a cool gimmick making the player bounce all the time, but I think you could have made a level that utilized it more (unless this first area is just getting you used to it, or something). For example, a fortress with sharp spikes on the ceiling. Since you're always bouncing, you'd have to time your bounces so that you only hit the ceiling at safe spots.
ChaoticFox

Post by ChaoticFox »

That was merely the first half of the level. Who's to say the real challenge isn't yet to come?
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

ChaoticFox wrote:That was merely the first half of the level. Who's to say the real challenge isn't yet to come?
Then I like the way you think ;)
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

yoshibear1009 wrote:Image

My palette and background. I got the "NO CHANGING SO & SO PALETTE" Late though >.<
Actually, this change is fine, it's if the HUD looks terrible that we don't approve. I've changed those colors in my level, for example. It's just if the blacks aren't black, or the other colors look really bad, that's the problem.