So you want to make a level for A2MT, do ya? Well you've come to the right spot! First, there are a few bits of information you should know about, before embarking on this task.
Please keep the following in mind.
-Please, try to be polite. If you don't like something someone has made, then please, try to use some tack while telling them how to improve on what they've made.
-If you have a problem, don't hestitate to contact limepie20.
-You are currently allowed to claim as many levels as you want BUT you can only work on one at a time. In other words, to claim your second level, your first level must be cleared and submitted.
- Check if there is a tile that already does what you want to do. If not, follow the steps for requesting a MAP16 tile, and upload the custom block with your eventually submitted level.
- Be sure to check if a sprite you want inserted doesn't already exist. Also, a mod will be reviewing this list soon to see if all the sprites in that list are actually being used.
- If you want a secret exit, please mention that when you request your level. Not every level can have a secret exit, either.
- If you request a level slot we ask that you provide continuous updates of your progress in the Testing thread.
- MAKE SURE YOU SAY WHETHER OR NOT YOUR SPRITE IS A NORMAL SPRITE, SHOOTER, OR GENERATOR!!!
(Rules are subject to change.)
Come here if you want a level, sublevels, MAP16 slots, ExGFX slots, music slots, custom blocks, pr a custom sprite inserted. You also need to request or claim secondary exits/entrances, and secret exits.
To sign-up for anything in a specified slot, first check the wiki list to see if a slot for whatever you need is open, and post in this thread requesting it. Optionally you can just request for a generic "empty" slot, and you will be assigned one, and a mod will update the wiki reflecting your slots taken.
You do not need to register to the wiki.
When you have your level, and you've started to work on it, go and post some proof of it in the Testing thread. That's your next stop!
When signing up for a level in this thread...
Example of a good post:
DJSecret wrote:Name: To Be Announced
Sub-Levels: 1EF, 1F5, 1DF
Music Slots: 3, Will post needed info later
ExGFX: To be added
MAP16: A couple to be added later
This is my first time hacking in like, a year, so it may take a little while. Everything will be added as I go, as I have yet to even begin the level.
Example of a bad post:
Derpy McDerpison wrote:I Want levl plz.
raocow wrote:But seriously people if you submit a youtube level you're out without a second thought.
I refused to be 'blamed' for expecting greatness even from a 'noob'. I'll say it again, asmt had great levels done by first timers. The precedent has been set.
If your submission is FAR below what we are looking for (see: "YouTube level,") when you submit (to curb both jokes, and people who just aren't putting in enough effort) you will be asked to either remake your level, or to leave the project.
We want this hack to be even better than ASMT, so make us proud with some great levels, guys and gals!
The reigning mod in this thread is: limepie20