I'll be gone on vacation for about eight days, starting tomorrow. I'll have my laptop, but I don't think I'll have internet access. Just a heads up.
Summarised progress update:
- I might be able to pull off that game mode problem...it's apparently easier than I had anticipated! Evidently, the only thing I'll need in the game mode's code is the boss's main routine and a few bits of code for Mario's movements. I'll need to manually upload graphics to VRAM as well, which is the biggest hurdle right now.
- Progress on the new OAM management system is coming along smoothly! Should be done by the time I get back from vacation.
- The boss is now on the background layer, giving me quite a few more OAM slots to use.
- Status bar is now disabled.
- I'm in the process of learning HDMA windowing.
I'm sorry that I don't have anything physical to show you guys--I've been working hard on all of the behind-the-scenes stuff.
Also fuck my old "hard deadline." There's no way that's happening. My deadline is around the 28th of August, but I'm not making any promises. Weekly updates are still going to come, as promised.