(shouting)

Improving the videos section

BlackDS

Improving the videos section

Post by BlackDS »

I think that there should be a big database of all the videos, with links to the original video and the video on this site. Much like this: http://www.tl-dr.org/raocow/

Also, I find your LP of Untitled Story is your best so far. Whatever your next "indie game" is, I hope it is similar.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
TheNonBeliever

Re: Improving the videos section

Post by TheNonBeliever »

the videos on here are just youtube embed vids, so you just need to link to the videos on youtube, dailymotion, and google video
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

BlackDS wrote:I think that there should be a big database of all the videos, with links to the original video and the video on this site. Much like this: http://www.tl-dr.org/raocow/

Also, I find your LP of Untitled Story is your best so far. Whatever your next "indie game" is, I hope it is similar.
It's coming.

That's all I'm saying, because it shouldn't be too long!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

Aw man, that will be the awesone. :mrgreen:
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

Thissa is slaving away - patience is a virture!

At some point in time the completness that will be raocow will exist on this site!

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Okay so I guess the cat's out of the bag, yes, my little side project has been granted "official" status and will be part of raocow dot com :)

It'll get its' own thread when it's done but for now progress reports are being posted in: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31

All the videos are archived and the whole "user side" is finished, I just have to finish the admin tools so that raocow and siteadmin can manage it!
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

Thissa wrote:Okay so I guess the cat's out of the bag, yes, my little side project has been granted "official" status and will be part of raocow dot com :)

It'll get its' own thread when it's done but for now progress reports are being posted in: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31

All the videos are archived and the whole "user side" is finished, I just have to finish the admin tools so that raocow and siteadmin can manage it!
You, sir, get the gold star!! I've already talked to my hosting service, they are ready to make good things happen... when things are ready to go, let me know and we'll spend some time to implement the darn thing!
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

I'm very excited for this! It's long overdue for this site. Thanks a ton for doing that, Thissa, you're awesome.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Chrnobog64 wrote:I'm very excited for this! It's long overdue for this site. Thanks a ton for doing that, Thissa, you're awesome.
You're welcome! :D
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

Thissa, that gold star TLs4 gave you? I now declare it a bronze star.

Why?

PHP for something that can obviously use MVC to achieve simplicity.
That's why.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

If this had started as an "official" project from scratch, yeah, I would've planned it out and used MFC and classes and commenting and all that jazz.

But keep in mind that I threw this together initially as a quick replacement for Sartak's list after it went down and before I knew about tl-dr - I just wanted something quick for myself so "coding style" was the last thing on my mind, LOL.

Code cleanup and refactoring is planned but right now the #1 priority is just getting it done.
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

Sure sure! :p

When you're done, wanna make it open source so I can convert it to Rails? ;)