(shouting)

Important: Bad News. Spitznagl has Passed Away. Please pay your respects here

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Re: Important: Bad News. Spitznagl has Passed Away. Please pay your respects here

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I enjoyed my interactions with him over the years. Dance on, Ben.
That crazy voice dude
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Re: Important: Bad News. Spitznagl has Passed Away. Please pay your respects here

Post by Wolfolotl »

jeez... I never got to interact with the guy, but he always seemed nice and pretty cool. may he rest in peace, and may he be remembered fondly
:nb_pride:
XerX
Untalented Pleb
First name: Colton
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by XerX »

I may not have known who Spitznagl was, but from what I've heard, they were a really nice active user and friend of many here. It's always sad to hear someone pass away....

May they rest in peace.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Never met the guy beyond like a single forum post here, but Its apparent even to me that he contributed a lot and did some pretty great work.

I'd like to make the suggestion of replacing the "boo" text at the top there with any good tribute quotes that get made for him.
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

All I remember about him is that he organized the Advent Christmas thing last year. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, and I respect his parents for alerting us about the news.

Happenings like this always remind me that the worst can happen to anyone at anytime. And when it happens to cool guys like him, it especially sucks.

May he have a peaceful rest.

Who has the most?
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

This is a very unfortunate and tragic event.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I haven't had many personal interactions with him, but like everyone else, I recall nothing but pleasant and upbeat posts from him. What a shame - my condolences.
dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox

Post by dr_vblschrf »

i didn't get the chance to know him either but...

thank you, spitznagl, for bringing a little more light to this place.

and to his family, i wish them well during this hard time. it's never easy losing a family member or...well, anyone for that matter. but any of us who've lost someone close to us knows more or less how difficult this is for them, so let's keep them in our thoughts.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

He seemed like a really cool person from whenever I read what he wrote. I'm bummed now.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Ah jeez, that's sad news indeed. Requiesce in pace, Clave Spicate.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

Rest in peace, Spitznagl.
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

I didn't know him for long, but that short amount of time was a good one.

My condolences to Spitzy's family. It's never easy to lose someone. Now that I had to experience it myself earlier this year... but it hardly matters now.

Thanks for everything, Spitzy, and rest well. We will continue your legacy.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

*pour one out for my homie*
rest in peace man.
Image Image
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

I knew him from the demo banner thread and from the Christmas event. This is very tragic news...
Rest in peace spitznagl. You were a really rad dude who's super good at organizing things, and condolences to your family as well.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

All I know of Spitznagl is that he did great things for our community.

May whatever he is finding now be to his liking.
Money

Post by Money »

raocow wrote:I feel so, so bad now, for not getting to his a2mt stuff yet, that I was saving for a rainy day :(
Will you be doing it in memorium? I only feel like that'd be fitting. But... I can understand if you wouldn't feel comfortable. It really... there's no real way to "raocow" it up, is there?

Man. I really wish I knew him better. He always seemed so nice from what I saw.
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Benjamin Krupa was an amazing dude. I got to talk to him briefly this year after I friended and gifted him on Steam. He was talking about this project he was wanting to send to raocow (a Duck 2.0) and wanted my input on it. I made my suggestion and he went to work on it. I didn't hear much from him after that, but he was grateful for my advice and the Steam gifts. It pains me to know that he isn't around. I was actually thinking about getting him something for Christmas this year.

Damn it. It seems to me that all the decent people leave first...
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

at the same time, knowing him I know he wouldn't want to cause any problems.

maybe in between the maglx2 proper and postgame would be a good time.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Honestly, if someone objects to a video dedicated for an important talkhaus member's death, that viewer shouldn't even be watching your videos in the first place.

That's still your call, though.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm gonna be honest, I just don't feel ready to do something like that right now and I want a very controlled, very precise 'point' in the near-ish feature to do it, because... that's how I deal with situations like this.

I'm honestly still in somewhat of a shock.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Oh no. Don't even know what to say. I didn't see this until today. Awful.

Rest in peace, man :(
I'm probably driving right now.
Djekue

Post by Djekue »

Good people always go away first, when least expected.
Always been an outsider of this place, but it easy to see, that he had done many good things. A moment of silence in the name of a great guy.
Demo au blog {=< http://demoau.tumblr.com/
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Oh, man...
I can only echo what a lot of folks have said here already -- didn't know him all that well myself, but he seemed like a wonderful person. My condolences to Ben's loved ones.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

Well, uh, I don't really know what to say? Though considering dude's achievements and untimely passing it'd be inappropriate to just stay silent. I uh...

Rest in peace, Spitznagl. Condolences to your comrades and otherwise significant others.
"i like bugs"
t
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

It's never fair when the world loses a young, talented, and kind person like Spitznagl. I've wanted to write something here since I saw this thread go up, but honestly I don't think anything I could say would be good enough. It's absolutely heartbreaking to hear about this.

Rest in peace, Spitznagl, and my condolences to his family and loved ones.