(shouting)

The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Currently working out the Final Round

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Currently working out the Final Round

Post by Argumentable »

logo.png
logo.png (420.9 KiB) Viewed 10104 times
Hello, and welcome to the signup & discussion thread for the Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament! If you don't have any idea of what hearthstone is, you can google it here or more seriously you can download it here. For those that don't like clicking lings or just want to hear me say something about it, Hearthstone is a Free-to-play Collectible Card Game by Blizzard. It's based sort of on the Warcraft franchise, but don't worry if you don't know anything about THAT either cause I barely did when I started playing and still enjoyed it. It's actually not super ultra complicated, worth checking out if you have free time or maybe a passing interest

Use this thread to discuss the actual tournament!

Use this other thread for general Hearthstone talk like deck building and being mad at the game and stuff
SIGNUPS
Signups are over!!! Stop signing up it's weird
"OFFICIAL" RULES
  • The official rules will be a best of 5 with a total of 3 decks. If you lose with a deck, you change it. Once you're out of decks you lose the round
  • You can change decks between rounds, but you always have to have 3
  • Once you are paired up with your random opponent, you will have a week to play your games with them and to post the results. If you don't show up for your games it will be counted as a loss
  • You DON'T have to get on skype and record every match, you can just post your results. If you wanted to record them that'd be cool and if you don't trust your opponent just take a screenshot of you winning
  • If you and your opponent agree you can do whatever rules you want cause who cares, this is for fun
FAQ
How do I play?
You could probably just go to youtube or twitch and watch people play, but the best way to learn is to just play it yourself. If you want some coaching from a scrub or just wanna talk about it you can add me Argumentable #1992 or on Steam or Skype or whoever else that's offering help

Should I add anything else here?
Probably I'm not sure what yet
PARTICIPANTS
raocow
jesuiscontent - SuperKirby#2105
zmonbobbo - zmonbobbo#1745
Clamestarebla - Mimakari#1461
Bwarch - Bwarch#1664
darkness922 - ShadowDragon#111144 (pretty sure this has too many numbers)
Holy - Holy#1405
Vergalon - Vergalon#1588
bkamakaze - bkamakaze#1662
[AOD]
Maiku Wotaharu - MaikuWotahar#1721
Ditocoaf - Ditocoaf#1200
castlepokemetroid - CastlePM#1520
Animita - Animata#1120
Shinoda - Shinoda#1491
KingTwelveSixteen - Podji#1205
arabsalmon - Ohmato#1828
FlockofWingedDoors - masdka#1628
Rednaxela - Rednaxela#1585
and potentially me assuming there's an odd number of participants
ROUND 1
raocow vs Jesuiscontent

Clamestarebla vs Rednaxela

Holy vs arabsalmon

Bwarch vs Animita

zmonbobbo vs [AOD]
???

Shinoda vs Vergalon

InsanelyExperimental vs Maiku Wotaharu

Ditocoaf vs Castlepokemetroid

flockofwingeddoors vs bkamakaze
PENDING COMMENTARY
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread

Post by raocow »

FIRST TO SIGN UP!!!

also first to loose!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

First to sign up after ronco

zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

Definitely in. zmonbobbo#1745
I'm probably driving right now.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Mimakari#1461 joins the brawl
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Bwarch#1664

Or Khaoticsage@yahoo.com because maaaaan my account acts weird with adding people sometimes.

Lookin' forward to it Argu!
InsanelyExperimental
Haustone Tournament Winner
This ^ guy's a guiness.
First name: Kyle

Post by InsanelyExperimental »

hello im new here but i play hearthstone quite regularly and would love to partake in this tournament. My battle tag is ShadowDragon#111144. I am very excited and hope to hear back.
Wooop woop woop :lol: :D
Holy

Post by Holy »

Hey I play this game, I sign. Maybe the talkhaus can actually finish a tournament.
Holy#1405
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

8 people? Whoaaaa that's enough to ensure a swiss tournament works okay
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

*looks thoughtfully at the notice*

Vergalon#1588

I-it's not like I want to play or anything!...
I-idiot!
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

i suppose ill stick my head in too
bkamakaze#1662
ImageImageImage
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Ah hell, I'll get in on this!
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Sure, let me get my butt kicked again. MaikuWotahar#1721
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm in! I dropped out quickly against Argu last time we tried this, so the swiss format sounds like a great idea. Let's hearth some cards!

Ditocoaf#1200, add me for some games against an experienced-but-casual player, though my play time is very... intermittent, I'd guess is the word.
castlepokemetroid

Post by castlepokemetroid »

CastlePM#1520

I tend to play solely with gimmick decks. All nine of my custom decks have some sort of primary gimmick with a stupid deck name attached to them.

I'll join in with my gimmicks. Also, I find it's important to note that I don't check the forums very often. If I do get challenged, send an email here:

swordofsorrow@ymail.com

I check this email on a daily basis.
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

castlepokemetroid wrote:Also, I find it's important to note that I don't check the forums very often.
If you're entering the tournament, that's probably going to involve checking the forum regularly to see the bracket and matchups and schedule and stuff. Don't make it everyone else's job to copy/paste information to your email.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Yeah, best it's gonna be your responsibility to set up properly with your opponent. As stated in the rules, if you can't show up or make an effort to play your matches it will be a loss.

Another thing I was thinking of is that if you can't record your games and you would like them to be, I can spectate and add my own dumb commentary if I'm around when you play. I won't have any communication otherwise during the actual matches ( but again will be happy to provide any advice before or after)
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening

Post by Animita »

I'm down to lose.

Animata#1120

Is there a start date and I'm assuming the bracket will be posted here when everything is set?
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening

Post by Argumentable »

I will probably work out the brackets and post them on Wednesday. I wanna give people time over the weekend to sign up, but I'm not gonna work on it til my next day off
Shinoda

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening for at least the Weekend

Post by Shinoda »

If it's not too late to sign up, i'm in! Shinoda#1491

Now to make 2 other decks because i've been using the same deck over and over again and actually disenchanted everything that wasn't good for that deck so I could get better cards for it because of that old man "back in my day" kind of mindset where I don't support microtransactions.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening for at least the Weekend

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Signing up.

I am pretty good at hearthstone I think.

Podji#1205
ohmato
hey idiot

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening til the 27th

Post by ohmato »

I'm game. Ohmato#1828
FlockOfWingedDoors
Rolling Initiative...

Post by FlockOfWingedDoors »

Wow you guys do Hearthstone too. I'm in masdka#1628
It's easier than 2by2 matrix multiplication.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Still Happening til the 27th

Post by Argumentable »

Ok well I'm calling that the official close of the signups, but if you still wanna sign up even after I post the brackets and junk (tomorrow) go ahead! I'm not gonna go out of my way to contact you other than a PM or whatever (unless you actually talk to me outside of this thread) so it's up to you to do your part (play games)

Wow!!!
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Over But Not Really

Post by Argumentable »

round1.png
round1.png (20.98 KiB) Viewed 9452 times
Okay here's round 1 that was determined by a computer. There's not quite an "even" number of participants so again if you wanna sign up feel free to and you can fight ME (or more likely replace someone who doesn't show) I will probably PM you guys about this but not right away as of this post.

I'm giving you a WEEK (probably the end of Feb 4th) but since this is the first round and there might be issues. Let me know if there's anything like schedules that don't work, Ditocoaf, or you can't get in touch with your opponent and I will either rearrange you or just make you play against me because I really want to play Hearthstone with you guys. I would expect to do at least 3 rounds of this but there will probably be more I'm still working out what would be best!

Some notes again just because
-I encourage you to record your matches, or I will record them for you if you want. You don't have to, though!
-You can do whatever format you want, but if you can't settle or decide then that's what the official rules are for
-Also encourage you not to be super serious competitive about everything and have fun with it
-I really like hearthstone please talk to me about it if you wanna discuss anything