(shouting)

SMBX Level Design Stream

LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork
First name: Matthew

SMBX Level Design Stream

Post by LunarNeedle »

Hey there guys,

I'll be doing a few streams talking about level design and rambling about why I love and hate some levels in games. I'd love if you guys tagged along and listened to my ramblings and I'm happy to talk to any and all listeners. The times are from 5PM EST to around 8PM EST from the 26th to 28th for now and possible more onwards if demand/interest remains.

The Elder Post Of Olde:
Ever since I opened up a Minecraft server, I loved abusing my upload speed. And since I just got good internet again, I thought why not make a stream. However, I hit a small block as what to stream. Is streaming still a thing? Is there something I can do? I thought I could whip together some overlays and make a nice and fancy 720p stream on twitch.tv with my chat on another window.

In the stream, I'd be engaging in conversation about design elements like I did a year ago with my LunarMagic stream right near MAGL2. With A2XT:EP2 and MAGLX2 around the corner, people would be interested in level designing and good graphics to use for certain level themes. It'd be a blast?! Maybe?!

I hate to fish for some support here, but I want to know if anyone would be up for it.

If you're interested in watching, PM me or message here. I'd be glad to make some stream to help people who need some ideas (as well as give me a reason to use my precious ULspeed during the holiday break)

(TL;DR: Wanting to do a SMBX stream to help people, looking for anyone who's interesting to watch)
Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/LunarNeedle
Last edited by LunarNeedle 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"All these flavors and you choose to be salty"
- Grandma
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: SMBX Level Design Stream

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I know this is suppose to be a spure of the moment thing, but shouldn't there be timeframes and such?
LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork

Post by LunarNeedle »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I know this is suppose to be a spure of the moment thing, but shouldn't there be timeframes and such?
Ah, just looking for any interest. I'd be pretty happy making it daily from 2PM -> 6PM but it depends on interest. There's no point in making a stream if there is no audience. Aside from idle toying around w/ editors and the like.
- Grandma
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I'd be interested in watching a stream about level designing to be honest.

It's never wrong to learn new things :)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork

Post by LunarNeedle »

FluffiMasta wrote:I'd be interested in watching a stream about level designing to be honest.

It's never wrong to learn new things :)
I'll do a test-run from roughly 5PM EST to 8PM EST, just gotta get preparing transitions and doing a dry run with some things. I'll edit it into the main post shortly.
- Grandma
LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork

Post by LunarNeedle »

For any possibly incredibly awesome and sexy moderator with the power to make people faint in the street from how indecisiviely awesome they are. They can dispose of this thread. As cool as it is to make a level on stream, I just don't feel there's enough juice for me to sit down for four straight hours without ADHD taking hold and my body flying into another project. Thanks for watching though everyone! I might actually make a scripted set of videos one day (most likely not)

You can close this thread now and send it to the graveyard with SPOOOOOKY GHOOOOSTS.
- Grandma
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Well, I thought your stream was pretty good, but it's not my decision I suppose.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.