Hub or Overworld? Simple as that...

Poll ended at 9 years ago

Hub!
90%
Overworld!
10%

Total votes: 10

Heraga

Re: Kood,Sheath,and raocow's MAGL?!? Planning Phase...

Post by Heraga »

8flight wrote:Downlind link for 8 minute Contest

I'm going to ask Horikawa to lock this.
What!!!!!!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Sorry it's a little late because the editor wouldn't load but it's amazing, my best work ever. Nothing has ever compared to it's brilliance.
Attachments
3.zip
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 56 times
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

pholtos wrote:Sorry it's a little late because the editor wouldn't load but it's amazing, my best work ever. Nothing has ever compared to it's brilliance.
Sooo your join the contest?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

You should speedrun the contest 8flight.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Doctor Shemp wrote:

You should speedrun the contest 8flight.
We're getting WAY to off-topic!
Remember this is my contest not 8flights!
Grey V

Post by Grey V »

I am not certain yet if I want to do this, though I am curious. What would be used for developing a level? I have never used the stuff for SMBX or whatever else was used for making ASMBXT. I see a reference to a Devkit in the ASMBXT subforum, is that used somehow?

Also, I believe there is a typo in the rules, it states that the contest will be over in November of 2015 instead of November 2014, which as I understood, was a more appropriate time frame given that it looks like similar contests have lasted for about a month instead of a year. Also, because of previous comments, unless I misunderstood.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Grey V wrote:I am not certain yet if I want to do this, though I am curious. What would be used for developing a level? I have never used the stuff for SMBX or whatever else was used for making ASMBXT. I see a reference to a Devkit in the ASMBXT subforum, is that used somehow?

Also, I believe there is a typo in the rules, it states that the contest will be over in November of 2015 instead of November 2014, which as I understood, was a more appropriate time frame given that it looks like similar contests have lasted for about a month instead of a year. Also, because of previous comments, unless I misunderstood.
Yes it is November 2014 and we're using the a2xt dev kit
Would you like to join?
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Ningamer, if you want this to be a successful contest, you should take a good amount of time to flesh out all the details before you officially start it. I mean, I'm assuming that you just got this idea and posted a topic about it pretty much ASAP. Honestly I'm not really prepared to make a speech on words of wisdom right now, but I do know that you should take some time to think this through. Also during that time it would be good to improve some of the bad parts of your reputation (You can be impulsive) and have people get comfortable with you. I'm sure you can be a great person. So yeah. I guess. Just give this time.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

mellonpizza wrote:Ningamer, if you want this to be a successful contest, you should take a good amount of time to flesh out all the details before you officially start it. I mean, I'm assuming that you just got this idea and posted a topic about it pretty much ASAP. Honestly I'm not really prepared to make a speech on words of wisdom right now, but I do know that you should take some time to think this through. Also during that time it would be good to improve some of the bad parts of your reputation (You can be impulsive) and have people get comfortable with you. I'm sure you can be a great person. So yeah. I guess. Just give this time.
That's why I tried to incres the deadline so more people dould know anout this and join. I'm trying not to be impulsive with this project but look what 8flight did. I would like if people joined but I'm ganna give it some time. I check this thread about once or twice a week to see if anyone has joined. I would like to clear my reputation with this contest so just try join in. I'm being bias so if ya wanna make a level just do it! As long as you follow the rule of "Only Kood,Sheath, and raocow are playable" you're good to go!
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Ningamer wrote:I check this thread about once or twice a week to see if anyone has joined!
Man, those are the fastest weeks I've ever witnessed.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

S.N.N. wrote:
Ningamer wrote:I check this thread about once or twice a week to see if anyone has joined!
Man, those are the fastest weeks I've ever witnessed.

S.N.N I mean starting towmorrow!
But really I'm ganna try not to be the boss of everyone this time. I just wanna have a contest where people don't feel stressed by my to get something done (even though all levels are due on November 1st) Also If ya did not read one of the posts above: raocow said he would lp this...
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: KSR-MAGL: Kood,Sheath,and raocow's Make A Good Level!

Post by Willhart »

I see a distinct lack of boxes...

I don't really feel like making lvl so soon after the last smbx cc contest and raocow's a2xt lp going on. Can't you host a poker tournament instead?
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Ok here's my level Originaly made for the smbx contest 8 but I got disqualified =p

https://www.mediafire.com/?iv8tc0dj9wx7mnw

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ihopeiwinl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Look Ningamer, if you want a better reputation, you should:

1. Take it easy. Especially in terms of contest/collabs threads.

2. Post some things in other threads or forums from time to time. For example the twitter thread and say some things about yourself.

3. Improve your grammar in your posts. Read your posts a few times before you submit them and correct your errors and typos. (By the way, you usually use 's as a plural but 's is used as a substitude for "is", for example "It is great" would be "It's great")

If you keep that in mind your reputation will rise slowly but steady.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I'm not giving up on this thing. I wanna show talkhaus that I can do something with the community that works out. I ganna give it some time see if anyone joins.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Ningamer wrote:I'm not giving up on this thing. I wanna show talkhaus that I can do something with the community that works out. I ganna give it some time see if anyone joins.
I can assure you that no one is going to join.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

FluffiMasta wrote:
Ningamer wrote:I'm not giving up on this thing. I wanna show talkhaus that I can do something with the community that works out. I ganna give it some time see if anyone joins.
I can assure you that no one is going to join.
Grey V said he might join
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

8flight wrote:Ningamer basically you need to build more of a reputation of posting other places before starting a contest or no one is going to take you seriously.
That's why I'm doning this! To show people that I'm not a joke!
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

8flight wrote:Ningamer basically you need to build more of a reputation of posting other places before starting a contest or no one is going to take you seriously.
^ this.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

FluffiMasta wrote:
^ this.
well someone else has joined! Watho!
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Ningamer wrote:
FluffiMasta wrote:
^ this.
Huh

I never said I joined, I said that I agree with 8flight.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

FluffiMasta wrote:
Ningamer wrote:
FluffiMasta wrote:
^ this.
Huh

I never said I joined, I said that I agree with 8flight.
Well then think about it. You have till November 1st to simmit your level
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This is the worst post I've ever seen. So you don't care about the actual proposal and you only see who made it? Is this how some people actually think?

Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
This is the worst post I've ever seen. So you don't care about the actual proposal and you only see who made it? Is this how some people actually think?
Thank you! I'm trying to do something for real but everyone's seeing what I've done already!
watho
:0
Pronouns: she/her

Post by watho »

This is a neat idea for a contest. It just doesn't seem very, doable... Is character changing on the fly possible in the engine. The part about having to have two hidden leeks in every single level is too much. Who is going to make the secret level? What order will the levels be in? Who will make the overworld?

I'm not going to tell you to not do this. You just need to fully flesh out the idea and get some people to help you.