90%
Overworld!
10%

Total votes: 10

Heraga

Re: KSR-MAGL---Now with a Poll/Story!

Post by Heraga »

Leet wrote:no we don't???????
Well why is Kood,Sheath,and raocow going though random levels and Demo/Iris not?
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

oshaoshawott wrote:
Ningamer wrote:I do agree that we don't need a story but we need a way to explain what Demo and Iris and doing while Kood,Sheath,and raocow are doing the contest!
Alright, let me see what I can do.

the gang was outside and demo was like "im hungry" and iris was all "me too" and demo said "im gonna get a hotdog, wait here guys" and iris went with her and then some guy walked up to kood, raocow, and sheath and was like "hey kids want some candy" and kood said "do i!!!" and then they followed him to his van, where the stranger forced them to play horrible levels

Just count on me; I'll make the intro!
Intro it is!
I want this to be a thing!
Grey V

Post by Grey V »

This makes me think of the hub being an absurdly spacious van.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Grey V wrote:This makes me think of the hub being an absurdly spacious van.
Spoiler: the candy is a drug!
Also yeah the hub would be a van.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Ningamer wrote:
Well why is Kood,Sheath,and raocow going though random levels and Demo/Iris not?
because its a contest for levels with those characters
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Leet wrote:
Ningamer wrote:
because its a contest for levels with those characters
Well...
oshaoshawott wrote:
Ningamer wrote:I do agree that we don't need a story but we need a way to explain what Demo and Iris and doing while Kood,Sheath,and raocow are doing the contest!
Alright, let me see what I can do.

the gang was outside and demo was like "im hungry" and iris was all "me too" and demo said "im gonna get a hotdog, wait here guys" and iris went with her and then some guy walked up to kood, raocow, and sheath and was like "hey kids want some candy" and kood said "do i!!!" and then they followed him to his van, where the stranger forced them to play horrible levels

Just count on me; I'll make the intro!
And this is the one I'm keeping
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

8flight wrote:Can this contest just not have a story?

A contest doesn't need a story. Especially if it's a 10 person contest.

Maglx didn't have a story.

Also the van hub idea is a good idea.
If we keep the Van Hub we keep the Story!
Simple as that...
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ok...No story but the hub's a van!
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

8flight wrote:
Ningamer wrote:Ok...No story but the hub's a van!
First of all are you sure that's the majority opinion?

Second of all, when are you going to send me a level?

Does it have to be in A2xt dev kit or just vanilla Asmbxt?
Grey V

Post by Grey V »

Given how it was previously stated this contest is meant to use the A2XT dev kit, I would think it appropriate to build your "Proof of Commitment" level using the A2XT dev kit. While I do not need to see such a level, I would also feel more assured about this contest if you could show you are capable of making a complete level yourself, Ningamer.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Grey V wrote:Given how it was previously stated this contest is meant to use the A2XT dev kit, I would think it appropriate to build your "Proof of Commitment" level using the A2XT dev kit. While I do not need to see such a level, I would also feel more assured about this contest if you could show you are capable of making a complete level yourself, Ningamer.
Well ok then...should have it by towmorow morning! (Still at the city)
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Ningamer wrote:
Mabel wrote:Can we just go back to doing Cat Planet 2? I actually wanted that to happen.
Join the contest and make a cat planet level! Sorry, but the only way Cat Planet 2 will happing is when Chuchino say's it's ok.
who what?

man screw this Ill just come up with a nice similar collab game instead...(whenever the hell I get time off from work and not spending that time on Talkhaus Revolution)
Image Image
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Mabel wrote:
Ningamer wrote:
Mabel wrote:Can we just go back to doing Cat Planet 2? I actually wanted that to happen.
Join the contest and make a cat planet level! Sorry, but the only way Cat Planet 2 will happing is when Chuchino say's it's ok.
who what?

man screw this Ill just come up with a nice similar collab game instead...(whenever the hell I get time off from work and not spending that time on Talkhaus Revolution)
I would love a Cat Planet 2 and would happly join in. In other news we have a problem, I realized that my a2xt dev kit wasn't downloaded. So I go and try to download it but it say's "file is not zipped correctly." I'm not shore if the Asmbxt dev kit is the same but, if it is we might have to move this to the plain old Smbx engine...
Grey V

Post by Grey V »

Could you perhaps try to redownload the A2XT kit again? I'm puzzled that the zip doesn't work for you, as I downloaded it not more than few days ago and it unzipped without incident. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do this in ASMBXT, but I would personally prefer to use the more recent kit.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Grey V wrote:Could you perhaps try to redownload the A2XT kit again? I'm puzzled that the zip doesn't work for you, as I downloaded it not more than few days ago and it unzipped without incident. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do this in ASMBXT, but I would personally prefer to use the more recent kit.
Well give me a couple Hours (once again I have to do something...DANG IT)
The only reason why asmbxt would not be good is because it doesn't have the custom graphics/sounds
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: KSR-MAGL: Kood,Sheath,and raocow's Make A Good Level!

Post by Ignoritus »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
8flight wrote:Ningamer basically you need to build more of a reputation of posting other places before starting a contest or no one is going to take you seriously.
This is the worst post I've ever seen. So you don't care about the actual proposal and you only see who made it? Is this how some people actually think?
What it comes down to is that reputation implies the capacity of the proposer to fulfill that proposition. I don't know Ningamer's history, but from what I'm reading it sounds like he has a reputation of poorly thought out ideas and an inability to follow through with things. In something like this where you have to depend on the host to do their job competently, yes, who made it is very relevant.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ignoritus wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:
8flight wrote:Ningamer basically you need to build more of a reputation of posting other places before starting a contest or no one is going to take you seriously.
This is the worst post I've ever seen. So you don't care about the actual proposal and you only see who made it? Is this how some people actually think?
What it comes down to is that reputation implies the capacity of the proposer to fulfill that proposition. I don't know Ningamer's history, but from what I'm reading it sounds like he has a reputation of poorly thought out ideas and an inability to follow through with things. In something like this where you have to depend on the host to do their job competently, yes, who made it is very relevant.
Way to go lowering my self-esteem...
I'm following through with this and not giving up until I have to...
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Ningamer wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:
How does what I said lower your self-esteem? All I said is that by observation you appear to have a reputation of those things, I never stated that I myself believe them.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ignoritus wrote:
Ningamer wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:
How does what I said lower your self-esteem? All I said is that by observation you appear to have a reputation of those things, I never stated that I myself believe them.
Well good caus It's a lie!
Grey V

Post by Grey V »

While I understand that it can be demoralizing to have it inferred you cannot get nothing done, I feel it would be best if you focused on putting your words into actions. The best thing you can do to combat the idea you can't finish something is to finish something, especially consistently. I don't know if you have yet constructed a level for 8flight but I most certainly feel that would be a step in the right direction. Not just for showing others that you are capable of it, but for exercising your own ability, and hopefully improving yourself.

I would also like to know if you have re-downloaded the A2XT kit yet. Or the ASMBXT kit. While I'm aware that the difference between it and ASMBXT is a matter of some graphics and sound for the most part, I would appreciate having those assets all the same. I suppose, if nothing else, it might help for everyone potentially involved to know what we are using. Or maybe not. Like I've said before, I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the engine.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

isn't the only difference between vanilla SMBX and A2XT SMBX graphics and sound?
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Updates!

-Poll ended! Hub wins (sorry to that one guy who voted for overworld)

-Tried downloading the A2xt dev kit again but it did not work again.

-Can someone give me a link to the Asmbxt dev kit?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I don't recommend downloading asmbxt devkid since it is not up to date.
Base game download is an exe file. It should work for most people.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9rqiq ... nstall.exe
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Willhart wrote:I don't recommend downloading asmbxt devkid since it is not up to date.
Base game download is an exe file. It should work for most people.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9rqiq ... nstall.exe

Thanks! Will you constiter joining?
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

As far as I'm aware, the only (relevant) difference between A2MBXT and vanilla SMBX is cosmetic things (graphics and music and stuff), so if you already have vanilla SMBX, there's nothing hindering you from making a level, because others will be able to play it in A2MBXT anyway.

If Willhart's A2MBXT link works you you, then that's great, but if not, you ought to be working on that level regardless.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.