Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

A Second Mario Thing: it's almost over don't worry

Post by Leet »

and ableist
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: A Second Mario Thing: it's almost over don't worry

Post by AUS »

Well, I don't really want to look down on SNN for being offensive in the safe environment of an IRC, but I don't really think that needed to be pasted on the forums.

I think maybe it would've been funny if I was on the IRC and SNN popping in became sort-of the 'norm' but seeing that all in a line like that was rather dull. Desperate, in a weird way. Probably wouldn't have felt that way at the time, though.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Leet

Post by Leet »

doesnt matter what environment youre offensive in
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Leet wrote:doesnt matter what environment youre offensive in
Bullshit. I can say whatever the fuck I want in, for example, my own home. Or with friends, I don't have someone breathing horrible political correctness down my throat there either.
You can say things without truly meaning them.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

I want a comic based on SNN trashing A2MT
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

disclaimer: if you're taking any of those seriously and not accepting the fact that they only exist because alex found them amusing, you are the problem. i remember initially finding some of the earlier levels really bad and then it was suggested that i turn those thoughts into a hilariously stupid insult each day. got bored halfway through though.

real a2mt thoughts: couple good levels scattered amongst a sea of mediocrity. length issues hinder a lot of them from being fun.

also i like the submaps

and the final level theme is still fantastic
Leet

Post by Leet »

SNN wrote:disclaimer: if you're taking any of those seriously and not accepting the fact that they only exist because alex found them amusing, you are the problem.
because calling it comedy excuses anything
AUS wrote:Bullshit. I can say whatever the fuck I want in, for example, my own home. Or with friends, I don't have someone breathing horrible political correctness down my throat there either.
You can say things without truly meaning them.
just because nobody calls you out doesnt mean youre any better of a person
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

lol^

as if there's a combination of words that I can speak that would make me less of a person because in the right circumstances those words could be taken to mean horribly offensive things.
that's a good joke

words are the enemy. not what people actually truly mean, and also the situation and scenery and context you're in don't matter, it's just the words you use. actors who play bad people are bad people because they said bad things, too, by this logic
Last edited by AUS 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

you're still a ship even if nobody hears you being offensive
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Rénà wrote:you're still a ship even if nobody hears you being offensive
If I make a joke in my living room, and nobody's around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

it does if alex is recording
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

If only the bad/offensive parts had been cut out, leaving the good parts to shine.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Leet wrote: because calling it comedy excuses anything
it does if you're not twelve.

if i thought a2mt was shit, i wouldn't have made songs for it, offer level feedback, and even plan to take over so it could get finished at one point. these jokes were solely meant for alex and lasted about two minutes a piece. he found them funny. that's all there is to it.
Leet

Post by Leet »

AUS wrote:lol^

as if there's a combination of words that I can speak that would make me less of a person because in the right circumstances those words could be taken to mean horribly offensive things.
that's a good joke

words are the enemy. not what people actually truly mean, and also the situation and scenery and context you're in don't matter, it's just the words you use. actors who play bad people are bad people because they said bad things, too, by this logic
snn was not acting

unless he was legitimately using them to parody people who would, but thats obviously not the case

its true that this is relatively minor compared to more serious instances of ableism in the world, however that doesn't really change the fact that you should not use ableist slurs
SNN wrote:if i thought a2mt was shit, i wouldn't have made songs for it, offer level feedback, and even plan to take over so it could get finished at one point. these jokes were solely meant for alex and lasted about two minutes a piece. he found them funny. that's all there is to it.
i dont care what you think of a2mt. what i do care about is the language you use in your jokes, which in this case, is not good.
leod
Be careful when including any personal details.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by leod »

and ableist
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

ITT: social justice tumblr warior
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

mixed in with a bit of anti-minority sentiment
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

sorry for the bad words
Leet

A Second Mario Thing: it's almost over don't worry

Post by Leet »

AUS wrote:ITT: social justice tumblr warior
hehe l o l tumblr amirite xD

except no, and i'm really disgusted both by people like you who pretend like all actual social problems are just "hehe tumblr" and by the people on tumblr who've propagated this stereotype by being the kind of person youre actually thinking of. which is, actually, fairly little amount of people, but damn they are vocal.
Leet

Post by Leet »

its funny how it wasnt that long ago that i was being told that using male and female as nouns (they are literally nouns) is wrong but no ableist slurs are ok!!!!!
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

Leet wrote:
AUS wrote:lol^

that's a good joke

snn was not acting

unless he was legitimately using them to parody people who would, but thats obviously not the case

its true that this is relatively minor compared to more serious instances of ableism in the world, however that doesn't really change the fact that you should not use ableist slurs
SNN wrote:if i thought a2mt was shit, i wouldn't have made songs for it, offer level feedback, and even plan to take over so it could get finished at one point. these jokes were solely meant for alex and lasted about two minutes a piece. he found them funny. that's all there is to it.
i dont care what you think of a2mt. what i do care about is the language you use in your jokes, which in this case, is not good.
Someone used language you didn't like in a post. Oh boo-hoo. Stop crying over something as heinous as foul language used in a joking context (though A2MT was terrible) and get over yourself.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

You should probably just delete them alex. They were jokes that probably should have stayed between us anyway and I don't want people to get offended over something like this. Really.

(I know it's only Leet, but still.)
Last edited by S.N.N. 9 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Leet

Post by Leet »

tbh id rather not use such a gross website in general now so bye 4 now everyone
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

alex2 wrote:could've just split the thread to remove all of the crybaby posts
i bet those would be all the ones that were calling you out