(shouting)

A123X78MLMNOPTX8Thing!!!!!!!!

Zygl

Re: A123X78MLMNOPTX8Thing!!!!!!!!

Post by Zygl »

WitherSnow wrote:
ano0maly wrote:Why, exactly, do you want to make A3MT? You're not presenting specific ideas, just a proposition for a sequel.

If you would like to make a Super Mario World hack, you can visit SMWC, or take a look at the JUMP forum.

The Demo saga is currently handled by A2MBXT. If that's what you're interested in, that sounds like more fluff than actual game, but you can go participate once Episode 1 is released and they begin the next part.
I tried to bring up a3mt but the thread got locked.
Because nobody wants to start A3MT yet. Starting A2MT while the ASMT LP wasn't even finished yet was the first of many mistakes that set it up for failure, and everyone but you wants to avoid making it again.
Look, I get wanting to do A3MT, I'm looking forward to when we actually do it myself, but now isn't the time. And you won't be the one to decide when it is time, that'll be the job of the Talkhaus as a whole when everybody's ready to do it and a qualified manager steps up to get the ball rolling. So just drop the subject and let it happen when it happens.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: Look, I get wanting to do A3MT, I'm looking forward to when we actually do it myself, but now isn't the time. And you won't be the one to decide when it is time, that'll be the job of the Talkhaus as a whole when everybody's ready to do it and a qualified manager steps up to get the ball rolling. So just drop the subject and let it happen when it happens.
And hey, if I may offer some further advice (To Wither), this is the perfect time to brush up on hacking as a whole. Start a solo hacking project and just work on that. Things are going to be in a break period where nobody wants to work on anything ASMT related, so work on some smaller stuff in the meantime.

Your skill set as it stands is not that useful to a collab project.
WitherSnow wrote: What i want to do:
Add overworld music
Add free movement in OW. (Navigating these wierd invisible paths is kinda annoying.
Add bosses to a baserom (Need ASMers.)
Add cutscenes to make the story stand out cause it's fuckin' awesome!
All of this more or less sounds like the minute stuff that anybody could do. (I'm assuming here that you mean inserting music rather than making it) If you really want to help it's probably better to dive into another area. Level making is always nice, especially if you can make something good. I believe Alex was the one to say that ASM people were a little bit short at the end of things, going away. So for the next ASMT it might be an idea for you to work on your ASM skills.

That's really all the advice I think is needed. Take a chill pill, wait until the rest of the community wants to work on ASMT, and in the meantime work on your own little projects and brush up on general hacking skills.

And... work on fixing your reputation too, thinking out your posts more and approaching things in a better way. Because right now most of the community who knows about you isn't really fond of you. So in this break period you may want to interact with the community a bit and start working on these bridges that you've burned with the very people you want to work with.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

raekuul wrote:Compounding that issue is the fact that, between the publication of ASMT and today, we have had:

ASMBXT
AZCT (in progress and stymied for similar reasons to A2MT)
That weird-ass dating sim thing
My own OHRRPGCE thing that never took off (which I regret ever conceiving of as I know I don't have the inclination to make progress on it and I also know nobody else wants to really work on)
JUMP
at least two MAGL contests
MAGKL
Super Demo Sisters
don't forget talkhausmon
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

if were listing projects that didnt happen, asmt 64!!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Maybe I should try to get better at SMW hacking too during this... "break".
Actually I would want to work on ASMT 3, but seems like no one is really interested except me and that other guy. Oh well, seems like I got lot's of time to learn hacking. Not that this is a bad thing.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:
ano0maly wrote:Why, exactly, do you want to make A3MT? You're not presenting specific ideas, just a proposition for a sequel.

If you would like to make a Super Mario World hack, you can visit SMWC, or take a look at the JUMP forum.

The Demo saga is currently handled by A2MBXT. If that's what you're interested in, that sounds like more fluff than actual game, but you can go participate once Episode 1 is released and they begin the next part.
I tried to bring up a3mt but the thread got locked.
Because nobody wants to start A3MT yet. Starting A2MT while the ASMT LP wasn't even finished yet was the first of many mistakes that set it up for failure, and everyone but you wants to avoid making it again.
Look, I get wanting to do A3MT, I'm looking forward to when we actually do it myself, but now isn't the time. And you won't be the one to decide when it is time, that'll be the job of the Talkhaus as a whole when everybody's ready to do it and a qualified manager steps up to get the ball rolling. So just drop the subject and let it happen when it happens.
Did you even read the thread?! I wanted to TALK about a3mt. Not do anything yet but TALK and PLAN and DISCUSS! Don't act like i was completely ready to dive in headfirst. I want to spend some time thinking about what we need to do and come together as a fucking COMMUNITY!

@Brawch: I actually have a few solo hack ideas that i wanna try to do. It makes sense. I don't mean to make enemies or make people mad and maybe i should fix it. Not super knowledgeable on how i should but i'll try.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

WitherSnow wrote:Did you even read the thread?! I wanted to TALK about a3mt. Not do anything yet but TALK and PLAN and DISCUSS! Don't act like i was completely ready to dive in headfirst. I want to spend some time thinking about what we need to do and come together as a fucking COMMUNITY!
If nobody wants to work on A3MT why would anybody want to sit here planning out what we're going to do several months from now when we actually start working on it? That doesn't make any sense.

And by the way:
WitherSnow wrote:I don't mean to make enemies or make people mad and maybe i should fix it.
Bwarch wrote:And... work on fixing your reputation too, thinking out your posts more and approaching things in a better way.
Please. Work on that specifically.
WitherSnow wrote:Also it's maybe a bit fucking daunting handling a four+ year old hack project BY MYSELF!
You can bitch and moan in the sidelines but until you help out you should maybe give ideas to solutions or at least not bitch and fucking moan
So don't bark orders at me unless you are willing to help! FUCK!!!
WitherSnow wrote:The garbled map graphics. Learn how to port it. Port it into what!? The fucking sea of SHIT!!?
You could've told me how the fuck to fix it or how to port the mountain map in. I don't even have the fucking map to port!!
WitherSnow wrote:Is it really that fucking hard to help by typing something.
WitherSnow wrote:Go a few posts up and read the whole fucking thing!
WitherSnow wrote:Are you so exausted that you can't talk. May i remind you this is what you fucking do on a forum.
I'd like to believe you don't look at these things you're saying beforehand and think "yeah that's an acceptable way to conduct myself."
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Leet wrote:if were listing projects that didnt happen, asmt 64!!
I was really looking forward to making my world too :'(
That crazy voice dude
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

maybe when we get a bunch of things done we can try again

i say we since im a part of the talkhaus but ive barely contributed to anything lol
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Leet wrote:maybe when we get a bunch of things done we can try again

i say we since im a part of the talkhaus but ive barely contributed to anything lol
ASMT 64 was just a bad idea in my opinion. After a3mt we should make a full fledged game and get away from the whole mario thing.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

WitherSnow wrote: After a3mt we should
Woah, woah, woah. Ya gotta work one step at a time. Ambition is nice but looking too far ahead without thinking about what needs to get done now and in the near future tends to cause failure in the present and future.

Yeah, it's fun to say "well we could ____ after we're done with _____" but keep in mind that we'll all be different people then; we'll have learned from mistakes and crazy problems (both in and out of the Talkhaus) that nobody could ever be able to predict, and by that time we all might have a completely different idea of what we can (or what we want to) do with that newfound knowledge.

So yeah, if you have personal A3MT ideas? Go ahead, write them down in a notebook and save them. When the Talkhaus is ready to get their collective smw collab muscles back in gear, take a look back at those notes. You might have something brilliant that you'd forgotten by that point, or you might have some ideas that seem less than amusing in retrospect. When the time comes, you'll have something to post, you won't have forgotten it, and we won't have had a chance to let it fall into the abyss of old threads. Until then, just accept that nobody else is ready right now.

One step at a time, man.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
WitherSnow wrote: After a3mt we should
Woah, woah, woah. Ya gotta work one step at a time. Ambition is nice but looking too far ahead without thinking about what needs to get done now and in the near future tends to cause failure in the present and future.

Yeah, it's fun to say "well we could ____ after we're done with _____" but keep in mind that we'll all be different people then; we'll have learned from mistakes and crazy problems (both in and out of the Talkhaus) that nobody could ever be able to predict, and by that time we all might have a completely different idea of what we can (or what we want to) do with that newfound knowledge.

So yeah, if you have personal A3MT ideas? Go ahead, write them down in a notebook and save them. When the Talkhaus is ready to get their collective smw collab muscles back in gear, take a look back at those notes. You might have something brilliant that you'd forgotten by that point, or you might have some ideas that seem less than amusing in retrospect. When the time comes, you'll have something to post, you won't have forgotten it, and we won't have had a chance to let it fall into the abyss of old threads. Until then, just accept that nobody else is ready right now.

One step at a time, man.
Makes sense. It was just something i wanted to say.