(shouting)

smbxc vs talk house

RudeGuy

Re: SMBX Community Level Contest 8

Post by RudeGuy »

leod wrote:Haha, much harder.
SMBX is actually one of the worst level editors (to use) that I've ever seen.
(unrelated to the results, which often end up great)
If SMBX is really bad, then you should watch Mario Worker!
Wind

Post by Wind »

leod wrote:Haha, much harder.
SMBX is actually one of the worst level editors (to use) that I've ever seen.
(unrelated to the results, which often end up great)
what are you talking about learning to make good levels with smbx took me 5 years man dude
99% of the avatar made by Enjl
8bitmushroom
is a flair a dessert?
First name: Danny
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 8bitmushroom »

Hello. I'm a pretty well-known member of the SMBX Community. Proud to meet all of you. I have a few things to say here. Both communities seem to have been talking shit about each other recently, and it's mostly involving the contests as far as I'm aware.

If one community hasn't been using LunaDLL, it's not a problem. If they decide to not use LunaDLL in their official contest, it's not a problem. I don't see why both communities have to bicker and argue just over a simple modification for a dead fangame.

To be frank, I've never cared too much for a small handful of the users here, mostly for rude/trollish behavior. Although I'm no saint myself, it's still bad enough for users from here to go over to the SMBX community and start havoc. A notable example being Mabel, and yet you guys praise him for it. That's going to put you guys in a bad light and cause more problems.
PS. PRAISE THE MOON! <-- We should totally go over there and post this everywhere.
And this will also cause more problems.

I don't understand this sudden craze for LunaDLL. Sure, it allows you to add new things, but it's not much. Vanilla SMBX is fine as is, and it's even been said (iirc) that this will be one of the last official contests utilizing Vanilla SMBX, since LunaDLL is planned to be bundled with SMBX 1.3.0.2, future contests will use LunaDLL obviously.

Not everybody is going to suddenly become a pro at using LunaDLL, so we're going to have to implement these things over time. As much as people say it's not hard, it's still going to have to be implemented slowly. There also comes the problem where LunaDLL refuses to work for some users, so that's also a hurdle that we have to jump. leif_erikson, as far as I'm aware, has been helping users with problems over on the SMBX forums.

If any of you dislike SMBX, then simply keep that opinion to yourself and don't post about it, or you will cause problems. Don't keep repeatedly bashing it, because, again, you will cause problems. Let's pretend the Internet is water, and opinions are oil, they don't mix too well, do they? I think it's become a common rule on the Internet to never state your opinion, because it may very well lead to trouble. Of course nobody is going to listen to me here because they'll still push their opinion.
But hey guess what, other than having your opinions cause problems and arguments, they don't actual do anything. Your opinions will not change the way people see things (unless they're borderline retarded, of course). Stating your opinions and then pushing them is probably the dumbest thing you could be doing right now. It honestly makes you look like a fool when you do it.

So, this contest doesn't use LunaDLL. Big whoop, nobody cares that much except the folks at talkhaus, which have been, for some reason, migrating to the SMBX community, which only happened after MaGL X really. If you're going to complain about a community not using a mod for a dead fangame, why join their forums? The sole reason why I dislike this community in general is because the majority of the users that do come to the SMBX community don't really make themselves out to be that friendly, nor intelligible.

I've been with the SMBX community since the beginning practically, so about 5-6 years now? My level quality is still sub-par. It has improved, but not by a lot. It just proves that quality doesn't necessarily increase over the years with more experience.

Somebody joked that I was going to get an instant ban after I made this post. Oh well.
Wind

Re: smbxc vs talk house

Post by Wind »

ok this is kinda off topic but why has the topic title been changed to "smbxc vs talk house"
RudeGuy

Post by RudeGuy »

Wind wrote:ok this is kinda off topic but why has the topic title been changed to "smbxc vs talk house"
This topic became a battle!
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Wind wrote:ok this is kinda off topic but why has the topic title been changed to "smbxc vs talk house"
Because that's basically what it is at this point. So you guys keep arguing while others sit back and have a good laugh, ok?
*grabs popcorn*
Go on.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Wind

Post by Wind »

Clemasterable wrote:
Because that's basically what it is at this point. So you guys keep arguing while others sit back and have a good laugh, ok?
*grabs popcorn*
Go on.
mmm

popcorn
bossedit8

Community Contest 8 - stuff

Post by bossedit8 »

Christian07 wrote:This topic became a battle!
I do not like if someone is putting up a stupid war which is pointless to have anyway.

That Topic was just for... noticing that in SMBX Forum there is another Community Contest running.
Last edited by bossedit8 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Can someone link to me the post that caused so many people to flip because I really am at a loss here

leod
Be careful when including any personal details.

Post by leod »

I think everyone is mad at LitDude's terrible grammar.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

because that's what some people are trying to make it for whatever reason