(shouting)

One Video Per Post

Garoth

One Video Per Post

Post by Garoth »

Hello,

Looking a head a bit, I think it makes the most sense to post one video per post, rather than one post per day. Reasoning:
  • - Any decent blogging software has categories for posts. On youtube, raocow would make playlists (eventually...) for the videos. This was great for catching up on a backlog. Instead, what raocow can do is post one blog per video, tag each post with a category that reflects the name of the game. Then, people visiting the site after it's been up for a while can watch all of, for example, Mario Forever or something. Instant playlists!
    - Makes it easier for RSS feeds. With RSS feeds, which apparently are coming, you have a list of all the posts that you haven't read. In this case, watched. As you read a post, it gets marked as read. But if there are 4 videos in one post, some people may choose not to watch 40 minutes of raocow all at once -- however, the post gets marked as read despite the fact that you only had time to get through half of it or whatever. If each video had its own post, then this wouldn't be a problem.
    - The text that raocow throws into the blogs would be more clear in terms of which video it's referring to. I mean, at the moment, it doesn't tend to say much -- but I still don't really know if it's talking about the one above or the one below sometimes!
Anyway, nice site, hope it shapes up more over time. Good luck, and keep on struggling through :)

Cheers.
TheChrisD

Re: One Video Per Post

Post by TheChrisD »

It's kinda tied in with the suggestion of changing the main site so that it uses WordPress. It shouldn't be all that hard to take the current front page posts and port them to WP at this stage, although the longer they wait, the more effort it will be...