(shouting)

Talkhaus 2015 Mosts general discussion

Kept you waiting HUH

What about the polls?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

The polls don't matter at all
50%
only a few topics should have their poll stats used (voice your opinion on which ones)
18%
the polls matter a lot and the stats of all should be used
32%

Total votes: 22

tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: Intro to Talkhaus 2015 Mosts

Post by tangy »

There are people that don't go on discordhaus, so here's what a userbar this year might look like
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

fucks sake, it's barely 3 days in, this thread might need a cleanup session so the actually decent categories don't get buried in shit(post).
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

ano0maly wrote:What I had in mind was to have designated "best non-MAGLX2" threads since there are other Mosts categories specific to MAGLX2. Just like how there are "best non-raocow" threads to offset threads specifically dealing with raocow.

The runner-up awards for those cases sound like a good idea, though. And I assume the 1st and 2nd places would get separate userbars; I didn't like having combined userbars for shared wins in 2013 and 2014.
If you want those types of categories, then you're more than free to create them. Can't say much other than that, really.
TaviTurnip wrote:
Jayoshi wrote:However, I may change my mind about this if there's enough concern expressed, but for now I'll continue as usual.
I kinda think ties should be allowed to exist. If it's like a really small pool and two people tie by having only two votes each, ehhhh, but if two people tie and have like nine votes each, or more, I think that's for a good reason :P They were both held in high regard and this was agreed upon by the people causing them to tie, in theory.
Alright, your concern has been noted. If one more person expresses concern with some good (and original) reasons to back themself up, I'll allow ties.

However, what do you personally think about the gold and silver place mosts, Tavi? I'd like to know if you might value ties more than that, and why you may think so.
tangeruse wrote:There are people that don't go on discordhaus, so here's what a userbar this year might look like
Just as a reminder, the mosts won't look exactly like this. I was just screwing around when I made that particular most, and my main concern at the time was hoping the font would actually print out. Visitor font can be a pain in the butt at times, especially when it's expected that you can use photoshop tools...
arabsalmon wrote:fucks sake, it's barely 3 days in, this thread might need a cleanup session so the actually decent categories don't get buried in shit(post).
I'm planning on hiring a few people who can help deal with this issue, (among other things) since at the moment I'm a bit busy to check the talkhaus as often as I normally do. So far I've gathered willing volunteers, and I'm just waiting for Jesuiscontent to respond.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Alright, so the temporary moderators should be actively able to moderate topics now, and I've locked a few myself that seemed kinda useless. If people would like the locked topics to be moved to the archive, (or just flat-out deleted after a set time) let me know.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

It would be a good start if some people didn't take every random word that happens to go through their head and make it a thread (hint hint 8flight)

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Maybe we should have a do-over? I think there's some things that should've happened that were overlooked

Edit: Ok, I think I ticked the VERY IMPORTANT BOX. Leaving it up to Jayoshi if he wants to flush this stuff or leave it. Most of you probably can't start new topics here now HTH

If you have a great idea for an actual mosts post it somewhere (probably not this thread) or PM literally anybody but me. If you PM me about it even as a joke depending on my mood I'll probably ban you from the mosts or worse. If it's anything else, well, go ahead and ask (here, so someone actually sees it)

Edit2: Good idea lets just ban 8flight from mosts completely. Wolfototl too
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Did anybody ever make Best Post 2015 before we got locked? That's, like, among the most obvious mosts to be had.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Did anybody ever make Best Post 2015 before we got locked? That's, like, among the most obvious mosts to be had.
"best thread" was done, but i don't think i saw "best post"
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Since the mosts didn't go as well as I thought they would, I think we can re-create the mosts, though still allow people to make them freely. (gonna follow up on that) Next time, I'm gonna make my points in the rules thread a lot clearer than before, and I'm gonna make some extra restrictions which weren't there. I don't think we should ban people from doing stuff right now, but they should definitely be warned about their behavior, and then if they make future offenses then they can be banned. I'm also planning on using a three-strike warning system for the future, (perhaps even two or one strike for blatantly obvious rules) because it already sends out a strong message that people really need to act their best if we have to do everything all over again.

So, why do I think people should still make their own threads? Well, for the most part, I thought people were doing a good job at being responsible for themselves. There were only a few notable exceptions, and they can either be banned, or we can work certain restrictions on making those kinds of exceptions not happen again. For example, I was thinking about adding a rule which restricts how many topics people can create per day. This would encourage people to use their categories wisely, and not whimsically create 30+ topics like 8flight did. It'd also keep the progression curve down; notifications has helped me greatly keep a good idea of what the curve was like, and how I could improve it. If a "day" is a bit too indistinct, (especially across time zones) I'll say it's eighteen hours after creating the last most which caps the day limit. I know that it's still not entirely a good idea to keep mosts creation open, but I really believe people can do this right. We just have to encourage them to do so, not keep them from having fun.
Pikabread wrote:what have we become
I agree with most of this video, (especially Horikawa self-voting, she really needs to stop doing that) though Blivsey's thread has legitimately helped remind people to ping me. I kept that topic alive and told other moderators to keep it alive for that exact reason.

So yeah, sorry the mosts didn't go as well as I think they would. This is why we need rules. :(
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Are you planning to nuke the entire board, then?

That seems a bit... Drastic.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Grounder wrote:Are you planning to nuke the entire board, then?

That seems a bit... Drastic.
Under the way things were run before, We got roughly 1035 votes in four days. And that's only votes which passed through notifications, the real number is around 1300. (both of these stats count locked topics, though) Unless people get too lazy to vote again (which hopefully won't happen, if the topic number restriction works) I think it'll be fine if it's nuked. We have a week and a half left, too.
Horikawa Otane wrote:in fairness i vote for myself as a joke ffs i know it won't count, but if it bothers you I can remove the two times I've done it
It's fine if you want to joke around; I just get thrown off when you also quote me and bold your option. It won't bother me at all if you don't do either of those things.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The rules clearly were not visible enough. It's easy for people to assume that things worked like previous years. I do think that most people followed them well though.

Edit: maybe having a separate thread for them with a descriptive name would have helped with that.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Willhart wrote:The rules clearly were not visible enough. It's easy for people to assume that things worked like previous years. I do think that most people followed them well though.
Yeah, I really needed to make this thread both more noticeable and readable (and more strict) for what conditions we have. I thought the lack of quotes, maybe a few stupid mosts was predictable, (and could easily be ignored) but the fact that we got a MASSIVE amount of bad posting quality surprised me a bit. Like you said, though, it wasn't the majority. That's why I still trust people making their own threads without a middleman system.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just to let you know, the 2012 Mosts ran during late December/January. So it's fine if the Mosts doesn't finish strictly by the end of this year. You can specify that the candidates have to meet a cutoff date like the end of this year.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

just to let you know the video was a joke/satire, I find these funnier more than anything
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

To be honest you sorta started the joke mosts trend with the Cheese thread. And due to peeps probably not reading rules but just going by what they saw on the forum, they'd think it was a legit thing.

Though perhaps instead of nuking all the things, maybe you can keep the joke mosts on a separate subforum so people can keep their jokes and continue making them as they please without disturbing the "real" mosts?

Who has the most?
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

i find it a bit jarring that youre expecting the talkhaus to collectively take something seriously
"i like bugs"
t
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

let's make a subforum for jokes yes
while we're at it i'd like a subforum for discordhaus, and cookie clicker
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Alright....

Sorry about the last big post! After thinking it through, thankfully I'm not going to nuke the mosts forum, or create a discipline system. It was crazy for me to consider that. I'm still gonna make a new rules thread obviously, because this one doesn't do its job very well... however, the topic creation restriction will be added in the new thread, along with a few other things which come more directly from what people have suggested.

Currently I've pm'd the coppers about a new strategy of how to deal with the joke mosts. It's not exactly going to be a new subforum. I don't really want to share any details about it when I don't have confirmation yet, but once we get things sorted out I'll make the new rules thread which will explain everything.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

It'd be god to notify the people that it's stil good to vote to. There were rumors around that the current votes would not aply. I hope it has not impacted the way people vote too much.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Willhart wrote:It'd be god to notify the people that it's stil good to vote to. There were rumors around that the current votes would not aply. I hope it has not impacted the way people vote too much.
Alright then.

Learning-Timebuster wrote:
I

bkamakaze wrote:
space

Ivy wrote:
H

Katazuki wrote:
A

Pikabread wrote:
V

ano0maly wrote:
E

Bean wrote:
space

[quote=""Medley"]L[/quote]
Kapus wrote:
E

arabsalmon wrote:
T

Rusbojis wrote:
space

Grounder wrote:
T

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
H

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
E

Gyra Solune wrote:
space

TaviTurnip wrote:
E

Pholtos wrote:
X

Wolfolotl wrote:
I

cats-on-ice wrote:
S

Friendly Dictator wrote:
T

Mikkofier wrote:
I

8flight wrote:
N

Piter Lauchy wrote:
G

GlitchedGhost wrote:
space

Telamon wrote:
V

Unaniem wrote:
O

Hoeloe wrote:
T

Maiku Wotaharu wrote:
E

Sturg wrote:
S

metasomnia wrote:
space

Lunatic Quark wrote:
E

Sasquatch wrote:
X

Elgadika wrote:
I

Slimeman01 wrote:
S

Nin wrote:
T

freakin whatzit wrote:
space

FrozenQuills wrote:
N

cheez8 wrote:
O

sedron wrote:
W

Leet wrote:
space

Sniggerb0bble wrote:
S

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:
O

blue_kirby wrote:
space

Jeran wrote:
K

Bedlam wrote:
E

Quill wrote:
E

Joplengammler wrote:
P

FluffiMasta wrote:
space

Hacchi wrote:
P

RedMageMike wrote:
A

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:
R

Dog In Da Grass wrote:
T

YelseyKing wrote:
I

HamsterZerg wrote:
C

XerX wrote:
I

Vinyl wrote:
P

Emral wrote:
A

spittySynthyHands wrote:
T

Tenlade wrote:
I

Ometeotl wrote:
N

Pyro wrote:
G

Kevsoft wrote:
space

ParmaJon wrote:
I

En Gardevoir wrote:
N

Classic Tails wrote:
space

[quote=""Darkonius64"]M[/quote]
worldpeace125 wrote:
O

Joseph Staleknight wrote:
S

Alice wrote:
T

[quote=""Rockythechao"]S[/quote]
PlatinumTriforce wrote:
space

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
U

Kukironosuke wrote:
N

SAJewers wrote:
T

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:
I

dr_vblschrf wrote:
L

MonkeyShrapnel wrote:
space

Mabel wrote:
D

Dragon Fogel wrote:
E

Blivsey wrote:
C

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:
E

naps wrote:
M

No Lynch wrote:
B

raekuul wrote:
E

dr_kraid wrote:
R

randoguy101 wrote:
space

8bitgamer123 wrote:

S.N.N. wrote:

raocow wrote:
you too raocow unless you can't see this for some reason

that should do it
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Like a few of my votes were jokes so I didn't tag you (or should I of tagged you anywyas?)

My mosts were all legit but they got replaced by ones that kinda combined them all together.
:pal: Image :pal:

Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Dog In Da Grass wrote:Like a few of my votes were jokes so I didn't tag you (or should I of tagged you anywyas?)

My mosts were all legit but they got replaced by ones that kinda combined them all together.
Yep! not tagging me is the best way to make a joke vote. FluffiMasta and Telamon did similarly when they made their joke votes.

Don't worry about whether or not your current mosts were "legit" or something like that. Honestly speaking, mine were pretty bad too. We're gonna start over on reputations after the new thread gets up.
(Formerly Jayoshi)