(shouting)

Lost Levels Wiki

If you lost something come look for it here
Quman

Lost Levels Wiki

Post by Quman »

I've set up a wiki for this project, which can be found here. There's still more I'd like to do with it, but I think it's at least good enough to be useful. All of the completed levels have been entered on the wiki, but so far the only information is the level's name, the author, and the download link.

When editing a level's page you may notice some data fields that aren't displayed anywhere. That information will be used eventually, but I haven't had time to set that up yet.

When dealing with a question about whether or not a character can clear a level, don't just assume they can because the level doesn't filter them. When entering data about whether a character can clear a level, there are three options (aside from "untested.") "Filtered" means that the player must switch to different character at the start of the level, and can't play the level as the character in question. "No" means that the player can play as the character in question, but will eventually end up in a situation where they cannot progress, and are forced to kill themselves. "Yes" means that either the player can clear the level as the character in question, or the level involves switching between several characters, and the character in question is used in some portion of the level.

If there's any other information you think the wiki should have, just let me know and I can set that up. Also let me know if there's a particular list you would like me to add. Currently the only lists are "All levels," "Levels that need testing," and "Levels that need revision." With the exception of Flight of the Blue Platforms, which is broken because it can't be downloaded right now, all levels are listed as needing testing.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Lost Levels Wiki

Post by Dragon Fogel »

For clarity, Flight of the Blue Platforms can't be downloaded because the author requested it be removed.

I guess I should declare the name free for anyone else to use, I didn't at the time because the request came suddenly and I was more than a little confused by it.

Anyhow, thanks for putting this together! This is very helpful and I should put links to it in some of the relevant sticky topics.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

I don't have access to edit the wiki, but I believe that while my level, qqqqqq, filters tier 2 powerups, it does attempt to restore them after the end of the level. It's been a while since I've looked at this level so I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it does.
Quman

Post by Quman »

Hoeloe wrote:I don't have access to edit the wiki
After realizing that the "Join this site" button is not at all obvious, I've added a link to the front page that should make it easier to join the wiki as an editor.

Hoeloe wrote:
I believe that while my level, qqqqqq, filters tier 2 powerups, it does attempt to restore them after the end of the level. It's been a while since I've looked at this level so I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it does.

I just tested it, and it does give the upper-tier power-ups the player takes into the level back to Luigi when it ends (or Mario if the player gets the secret exit.) Though... to test this I had to make a trip to the power-up room in my hub every time I died, and I noticed a minor issue the level causes. You change Yoshi's sprite and mask in the level, but when the player exits the level only the sprite reverts to its normal graphic. The Yoshis in my power-up room still had Yqshi's mask for some reason (they all had a hole in the middle of their face, and a black halo around their head.)
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Quman wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
I believe that while my level, qqqqqq, filters tier 2 powerups, it does attempt to restore them after the end of the level. It's been a while since I've looked at this level so I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it does.

I just tested it, and it does give the upper-tier power-ups the player takes into the level back to Luigi when it ends (or Mario if the player gets the secret exit.) Though... to test this I had to make a trip to the power-up room in my hub every time I died, and I noticed a minor issue the level causes. You change Yoshi's sprite and mask in the level, but when the player exits the level only the sprite reverts to its normal graphic. The Yoshis in my power-up room still had Yqshi's mask for some reason (they all had a hole in the middle of their face, and a black halo around their head.)
Huh. That's... interesting. The powerups being given to the wrong character are my fault - I forgot to revert the characters before giving them back. As for the Yoshi not getting its mask back... sounds like a SMBX bug. Might be best to just replace that graphic with a png, as those are substantially more stable.