(shouting)

Small Messaging Suggestion

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: Small Messaging Suggestion

Post by FPzero »

If this sort of thing is possible, I'd like to see it as an option. I like reserving my PMs for actual PMs, not notices.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Considering I always keep up to date on my posts, I would find this little feature a bit unnecessary. But hey, if your the one who isn't too organized, but would like to try and get frequent notice, why not?
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

well theres two alternate ways to check if theres new messages if you are forgetful.
one is clicking 'View your posts' above and see each thread that you commented on before and has new posts, in order of newest comment.

the other is subscribing/bookmark threads. go to the bottom of the current thread and you see 'Subscribe Topic' and 'Bookmark Topic'
i find it to be more tedious cause you need to go to user control panel and check it from there. but i havent tried it out myself, so im not sure if it enables email notifications.
Daze

Post by Daze »

Subscribing to topics sends you e-mails if someone posts after you. Unfortunately, I found it annoying myself when I used it, since it sends lots of e-mails if you're posting actively.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

dazedouji wrote:Subscribing to topics sends you e-mails if someone posts after you. Unfortunately, I found it annoying myself when I used it, since it sends lots of e-mails if you're posting actively.
so that basically sums it up.

Subscribing Topics = email notifications

for active users, just do 'view your post' and/or favorite topics.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I remember back on NSider I used to subscribe to topics, which was useful because back then my family used the AOL client and so email notifications were instant for me. But here, they aren't really.