(shouting)

Everything raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Everything raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Post by Alice »

I'm not sure where else to ask this, but is there any specific reason this video is private?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

The little bit of audio is Happiness and Loveliness by the late Logan Whitehurst.
Prob cause it uses this song
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Argumentable wrote:
The little bit of audio is Happiness and Loveliness by the late Logan Whitehurst.
Prob cause it uses this song
This. When raocow became a youtube partner he had to make private any videos that could potentially have copyright problems.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

I'm going to take down the Google Video embeds soon, since that video host was shut down a while back. Before I do, someone tell me if I have the replacement mirrors right - are there any others besides these ones that I'll need to pull into the DB?

http://www.viddler.com/channel/igorhorst
http://www.youtube.com/user/raoclassic
http://www.youtube.com/user/igorhorst
http://www.youtube.com/user/RaocowGV
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Thissa wrote:Before I do, someone tell me if I have the replacement mirrors right - are there any others besides these ones that I'll need to pull into the DB?
You have the replacement mirrors right, but there's one more: http://www.youtube.com/user/AndyRichterLUE
Alice

Post by Alice »

I was trying to watch this episode of Super Mario Infinity and it leads to this Youtube video when I click "watch in new window". I get this error from Youtube on it though:
Is that stuff just not complete yet or is it an actual error that I should be reporting to you?
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Onyx3173 wrote:Is that stuff just not complete yet or is it an actual error that I should be reporting to you?
Not complete yet, won't be able to start until the weekend. The site crashed when I tried turning off the Google Videos, so I have to figure out what's causing that first.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Oh, alright. Just wanted to make sure that if it was an actual issue you were aware of it.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

The Uncategorized Videos list seem to be kind of broken at the moment; clicking on any video there just brings you to an error page.

Also, the Distorted Travesty 2 playthrough is listed as just Distorted Travesty.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:The Uncategorized Videos list seem to be kind of broken at the moment; clicking on any video there just brings you to an error page.

Also, the Distorted Travesty 2 playthrough is listed as just Distorted Travesty.
Oh weird, it's throwing database errors that of course don't happen on my dev environment. I don't have time today, but I'll see if I can figure out what's going on later this week. Sorry for the inconvenience!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Also I correctly labelled DT2 as being DT2
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

This one doesn't seem to be working either. I guess the system just doesn't like labeling things as "episode 0"?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:This one doesn't seem to be working either. I guess the system just doesn't like labeling things as "episode 0"?
yeah I can't load any episode 0 video pages that i've found recently, uncategorized or otherwise.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Out of curiosity Thissa (if you see this I suppose) how often are backups being made now? Or is that Rena's gig now?
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Bwarch wrote:Out of curiosity Thissa (if you see this I suppose) how often are backups being made now? Or is that Rena's gig now?
IIRC Rena is automating the DB backups to Google Drive. I think they happen daily?

Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about the uncategorized videos bug, just haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Dec was a busy month at work, then the holidays hit, and then my brother decided to give me a nasty bout of the flu for xmas. Hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks I can work on it.
BlueDudeWithATude

Post by BlueDudeWithATude »

If I may ask, why is the LP list rather out of date?
"EAT THE RIIIICH!"
"Take one bite now, come back for more!"
(Fun fact: I'm not actually a big fan of Aerosmith.)
Leet

Post by Leet »

BlueDudeWithATude wrote:If I may ask, why is the LP list rather out of date?
The servers had to revert to an old backup in the event known as the "talkhaustrophae" and nobody's made it up to date yet
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BlueDudeWithATude

Leet wrote:
The servers had to revert to an old backup in the event known as the "talkhaustrophae" and nobody's made it up to date yet
Oh. Are the mods the only people who can edit it? Or is it just raocow himself?
"EAT THE RIIIICH!"
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

BlueDudeWithATude wrote:
Leet wrote:
Oh. Are the mods the only people who can edit it? Or is it just raocow himself?
raocow and I are the only ones who can edit it. I guess TLs4 and Rena can too, because they have direct server access.

I don't have the time to keep it updated any more. raocow used to update it daily, but getting it back up-to-date is a pretty big job and I wouldn't expect him to have the time to do that either.

Honestly it should be thrown out and rewritten, and built in a way such that you can set up accounts and the community could keep it up-to-date, like a wiki or something.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'd say just resume at the current series and then fill in the missing videos when there's spare time.
Leet

Post by Leet »

The other ones could be temporarily filled in with links to already-existing youtube playlists and an explanation. "This LP's data was wiped in the Talkhaustrophae where we had to revert to an old backup, but you can still watch it here!" with here being a link.
BlueDudeWithATude

Thissa wrote: Honestly it should be thrown out and rewritten, and built in a way such that you can set up accounts and the community could keep it up-to-date, like a wiki or something.
That would be nice, but it'd take a long time to set up.

For now, the other two users' advice should suffice.
"EAT THE RIIIICH!"
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Thissa wrote: Honestly it should be thrown out and rewritten, and built in a way such that you can set up accounts and the community could keep it up-to-date, like a wiki or something.
just about to start making this btw

hoping to have a testing version up in a few days
BlueDudeWithATude

Rénà wrote:
just about to start making this btw

hoping to have a testing version up in a few days
Great! I wasn't expecting any replies after last time.
"EAT THE RIIIICH!"