sites we <3 - smw central smbx community mario fan games galaxy

Everything Raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.

Re: Everything Raocow v2.0 - Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Postby Thissa » 21 Apr 2012, 23:13

Servant wrote:Got this error at
http://everything.raocow.com/game.php?id=0&pg=2
---
Also, Thissa, er, how do we request the continual "folding" of all the raocow archival video hosts onto everything.raocow.com? Or is that on the backburner and right now, you need to get everything.raocow.com working first?

Thanks - the caching system was glitching out because a video got removed from YouTube, so the OEmbed call wasn't returning the expected result. At some point I'll add in a button so if you guys find videos that no longer work, you can click it to notify me so that I can remove them (if you're wondering, it's http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=1221 - anyone got a mirror?).

Re: other mirrors - as Bean said it's on the backburner for now, the #1 priority is to get all the glitches worked out from Everything Raocow 2.0, and after that, to get Raocow's new admin interface done. Then it's building the ATXS integration stuff, and hopefully at some point in there TLs4's new designer will come up with an awesome new look for the site. Anyway, once all that's done, then it'll be getting the rest of the mirrors integrated and completed.

No ETA or anything as I have a full time programming job and get burned out pretty quick. As we say, when it's done it's done :)
Thissa

Postby spamantha » 30 Apr 2012, 19:15

When I tried to view the video for ICTOAT from the GMC Game Jam, I got this error

System Error
Something broke pretty badly. This shouldn't happen!!
Please let Thissa know about it here.

PDOException: Database error [21000]: Subquery returns more than 1 row, driver error code is 1242
on line 172 of /home/admin/everything/3rdparty/Db.php

The thread the error message pointed to is locked, so hopefully this is the right place to go!
spamantha

Postby Thissa » 01 May 2012, 02:07

Thanks - this is fixed, along with the thread link in error messages :)

Raocow, how did you manage to get two "episode 13"s in GMC Jam? That is breaking a lot of things!!

spamantha wrote:When I tried to view the video for ICTOAT from the GMC Game Jam, I got this error

System Error

PDOException: Database error [21000]: Subquery returns more than 1 row, driver error code is 1242
on line 172 of /home/admin/everything/3rdparty/Db.php

The thread the error message pointed to is locked, so hopefully this is the right place to go!
Thissa

Postby swirlybomb » 07 May 2012, 03:02

I haven't used the site much recently, but so far it seems functional enough. I'd really appreciate it, though, if there was the option to view the games/episodes in list form like the old site, or at least the ability to click on video links without having to go into individual episode pages (as I always open the videos in new tabs). Is that a thing that's doable?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
swirlybomb

Postby Thissa » 07 May 2012, 03:21

swirlybomb wrote:I haven't used the site much recently, but so far it seems functional enough. I'd really appreciate it, though, if there was the option to view the games/episodes in list form like the old site, or at least the ability to click on video links without having to go into individual episode pages (as I always open the videos in new tabs). Is that a thing that's doable?

It's on the to-do list, just haven't had time lately.
Thissa

Postby Bean » 07 May 2012, 09:13

Thank you for numbering what episode a video is in a series. That's one of those features that some would think is meaningless, but to a person that has spent a part of his evening downloading videos from one site, it's making things much easier to keep in the proper order.
Bean

Postby Servant » 22 May 2012, 17:30

When going to Episode 2 of VIP4, I get this error message:

System Error

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0
on line 175 of /home/admin/everything/episode.php
Servant

Postby Thissa » 24 May 2012, 03:06

Servant wrote:When going to Episode 2 of VIP4, I get this error message:

System Error

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0
on line 175 of /home/admin/everything/episode.php

Thanks, this has been fixed!
Thissa

Postby Petzi » 25 May 2012, 14:37

I didn't read the full thread, someone might have already said this, but I really wish the "Date List" format was back on everything.raocow. However, just because there isn't a button doesn't mean it stopped existing, so I recommend that those who miss it, bookmark it for easy access: http://everything.raocow.com/by_date.php
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Petzi

Postby Thissa » 26 May 2012, 02:40

Petzi wrote:I didn't read the full thread, someone might have already said this, but I really wish the "Date List" format was back on everything.raocow. However, just because there isn't a button doesn't mean it stopped existing, so I recommend that those who miss it, bookmark it for easy access: http://everything.raocow.com/by_date.php

That URL is going to stop working in a few weeks as soon as I finish up raocow's new admin area and delete the old framework, just FYI. It's replacement is the calendar page.
Thissa

Postby Petzi » 27 May 2012, 14:07

Thissa wrote:That URL is going to stop working in a few weeks as soon as I finish up raocow's new admin area and delete the old framework, just FYI. It's replacement is the calendar page.

But... the calender page is terrible and is impossible to navigate... Why would you do such a horrible thing? I won't be able to browse videos with any sort of comfort. Seriously, the calender page sucks. It's hardly a replacement if it doesn't satisfy the same needs.

Doesn't anyone else here feel the same?
Petzi

Postby Thissa » 27 May 2012, 15:18

Petzi wrote:But... the calender page is terrible and is impossible to navigate... Why would you do such a horrible thing? I won't be able to browse videos with any sort of comfort. Seriously, the calender page sucks. It's hardly a replacement if it doesn't satisfy the same needs.

Doesn't anyone else here feel the same?

How is it terrible and impossible to navigate? On the old page, you have to keep clicking on the arrows, or a particular page number to try to find a given day, and hope that you get it right, or get close. The calendar lets you jump directly to the videos for a given day, so if you've gone on vacation and need to catch up on your daily raocow when you get back, you can start with the day you left and click on each day from there. I find it a massive usability improvement.
Thissa

Postby Petzi » 27 May 2012, 16:42

They're both good for different things. If you've gone on vacation and back, you probably know the day you left and can jump straight there with the calendar. I tend to get a few days behind schedule and I really know what was the last day I watched raocow on, so I use the date list because the video titles generally "ring a bell", therefore I can recognize the last video I watched. In the calendar, I have to take a guess and start clicking on days at random to find the video I want.

I like it because it's a mid-term between wanting to browse the only latest three days and wanting to browse the whole archive by date. I guess the calendar's pretty good if you want to find out what games raocow played on the 20th of March 2009, but for my daily video-finding purposes, I just makes it harder for me to find the video I want by not having any recognizable features besides the date. What kills me is not being able to see the title. Would it be that bothersome to just keep both of them and make everyone happy?
Petzi

Postby Thissa » 08 Jun 2012, 04:15

Looks like the recent DT videos got duplicated and the numbers got desynced from youtube when we came back from our server change.

Unfortunately I can't fix it at the moment, because the same server change locked me out of the database :P So be advised if you're watching that series, and see the same video twice.
Thissa

Postby Alice » 17 Jun 2012, 14:41

is there any specific reason why my settings on everything.raocow.com reset randomly? Every 24 hours or so, they reset to the default site settings.
Alice

Postby Thissa » 17 Jun 2012, 17:36

Onyx3173 wrote:is there any specific reason why my settings on everything.raocow.com reset randomly? Every 24 hours or so, they reset to the default site settings.

Hm, they shouldn't be. Is this happening to anyone else? Also, do you have anything that could be blocking or clearing your cookies?
Thissa

Postby Alice » 18 Jun 2012, 04:43

I shouldn't have anything that's doing it. I don't have the issue on any other site. The only program I use that could affect cookies is CCleaner which I have set to not do anything with cookies. (And I haven't run it in a few weeks anyways.) As for addons on Firefox, I don't have anything that should be affecting cookies either.
Alice

Postby Alice » 02 Jul 2012, 05:18

I have one minor complaint about the site's setup.

http://i.imgur.com/Evc2s.png

The link there for the episode page (and the one in the section above it for the series) span the entire width of that section over to the image. It's only a minor annoyance but I can't tell you how many times I've replied to someone in Steam only to click back into Firefox and click those links. Is there any chance that the links could be shortened to only cover the section with text? (That's having Firefox maximized on a 1920x1080 screen btw if it matters at all.)
Alice

Postby Thissa » 02 Jul 2012, 17:17

Onyx3173 wrote:I have one minor complaint about the site's setup.

http://i.imgur.com/Evc2s.png

The link there for the episode page (and the one in the section above it for the series) span the entire width of that section over to the image. It's only a minor annoyance but I can't tell you how many times I've replied to someone in Steam only to click back into Firefox and click those links. Is there any chance that the links could be shortened to only cover the section with text? (That's having Firefox maximized on a 1920x1080 screen btw if it matters at all.)

Actually, I want to shorten them into a two-column view like the games list page. Haven't done it yet because we're supposed to have a designer coming on board to make the site actually look halfway-decent, unfortunately, the last two times we tried that, they went AWOL on us.

But yeah, in the mean time, let me see what I can do about that.
Thissa

Postby Thissa » 02 Jul 2012, 18:02

And... v2.0.8 is released, with the link span AND the cookie issues fixed.

A couple important notes about this one:
- CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE or you will see all game/episode titles in white instead of red. (edit: did a hack so you might not have to do this now)
- If you have previously gone to the "Settings" page and changed anything, those changes have been reset, sorry. But if you go back and set them again, they'll stick this time. Promise :)
Thissa

Postby Argumentable » 02 Jul 2012, 18:57

Thissa wrote:But if you go back and set them again, they'll stick this time. Promise :)

Do not believe this swine's lies. He is a silver tongued serpent trying to trick you simply for his own amusement.
limepie20 wrote:
Alanbato wrote:I lol'd SO hard.

EDIT: We are Pie Brothers.

dude im not your brother
Argumentable

Postby Alice » 03 Jul 2012, 01:35

That should save me a lot of extraneous page loads now. Thanks Thissa.
Alice

Postby AlchemistHohenheim » 07 Jul 2012, 20:31

Thissa wrote:Looks like the recent DT videos got duplicated and the numbers got desynced from youtube when we came back from our server change.

Unfortunately I can't fix it at the moment, because the same server change locked me out of the database :P So be advised if you're watching that series, and see the same video twice.

Just to call attention to this, since I think it's related to the DT issue:

http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3186
http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3184

The 4-3 video for New! Super Mario World 2 has somehow weaseled its way into the 2012 Vanilla Contest listings.
So this thread is a thing. Maybe check it out.
AlchemistHohenheim

Postby Thissa » 08 Jul 2012, 05:34

AlchemistHohenheim wrote:Just to call attention to this, since I think it's related to the DT issue:

http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3186
http://everything.raocow.com/episode.php?id=3184

The 4-3 video for New! Super Mario World 2 has somehow weaseled its way into the 2012 Vanilla Contest listings.

Thanks, this has been fixed.

The DT issue I mentioned earlier is a bit more of a pain in the butt to fix, I'll wait until the series has finished before dealing with that one.
Thissa

Postby Alice » 01 Sep 2012, 06:59

I just noticed there's a minor error in the calendar page. June is labelled as July in both the dropdown box and on the calendar itself.

In fact looking more closely it seems more just randomly changed. Is that a site issue or some weird bug with my browser? Clearing my cache and ctrl+f5ing doesn't seem to be fixing it. It's the latest nightly build of Firefox.

Image[Image]
Alice

PreviousNext

Return to suggestion box