(shouting)

Forum Rank

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Quoa

Forum Rank

Post by Quoa »

I think the forums should have ranks like the different characters from the games that raocow has played would be the ranks and Boon would be the highest and so forth.
Sea

Re: Forum Rank

Post by Sea »

Ranks could be a fun thing to do, but they arent really necessary, maybe they'll do stuff like that when the forum gets a bit bigger, cool idea though.
~~Sea~~
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Eh. Many forums I've posted on tend to shy away from ranks out of fear of the dick-wagging contests they will almost invariably create.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kilon

Post by kilon »

What you possibly get is spamming around just to achieve a higher ranking. We don't want that.

A better option would be that you can add a subtitle under your username. Which at default is registered user. You can than change it to whatever you want.
Quoa

Post by Quoa »

kilon wrote:What you possibly get is spamming around just to achieve a higher ranking. We don't want that.

A better option would be that you can add a subtitle under your username. Which at default is registered user. You can than change it to whatever you want.
Great idea. That would create spamming. Perfect.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

A better idea would be to hide post counts entirely.
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

I really enjoy the idea of forum ranks but I've been on a site, I'm thinking of one in particular, where newer members would spam the holy hell out of every single thread so they could get a higher rank than people who had been on the site for years, and it caused a lot of problems.
I agree with the idea of the subtitle, that doesn't really create issues that I've seen.
What?

Oh...
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Subtitles are the bomb diggity. Ranks are kinda meh, especially for someone like me who doesn't always have a lot to say and gets stuck at a stupid stinky rank that may or may not make fun of me.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

In my opinion, ranks encourage spammy posts (even though seeing some monster/character under your name is pretty darn cool!) But yah, I think that this forum should be able to leave well enough on it's own.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

kilon wrote: A better option would be that you can add a subtitle under your username. Which at default is registered user. You can than change it to whatever you want.
I'd say it's a great idea. Rankings really kill things on forums usually. With spamming to get higher rankings, flaming at lesser rankers, and/or having restrictions to do things (like someone makes a contest and forbids anyone under 'this' ranking)

i mean this forum is made for fun and conversations, to have a flowing conversation about a single thing. so rankings shouldnt be necessary at all.
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

Im happy with my rank 8-)
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

kilon wrote:A better option would be that you can add a subtitle under your username. Which at default is registered user. You can than change it to whatever you want.
I second that! Amazing idea By the way
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Ranks do often lead to post spamming to get to the cooler ranks. I third the idea of having custom titles if this board software allows for it (which I assume it does).
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

Clearly the very first rank should be 'A Thing'

EDIT: Do people typically pay attention to ranks? Maybe it depends on the forum.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Not that this is a democracy, but count my vote against titles, especially if they're based on anything other than what the person puts into a text box.