(shouting)

Links to topics for each video under the videos

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
GauRocks

Links to topics for each video under the videos

Post by GauRocks »

It's not as necessary to go back and make one for every video in the archives, but if the point of turning off youtube comments is to condense and organize the comments in one place, it would be nice to know what that place is. It seems like it would be fairly easy to do, just make the text under each video into a link to a topic for discussing that video.

I actually expected this to already exist, and I was disappointed when I clicked that text and nothing happened.
TwilightArts

Re: Links to topics for each video under the videos

Post by TwilightArts »

That's a really good idea. People will still comment on raocows videos, and by this link they won't comment like all over the place.
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

I think a good idea would be to have a forum set up where no one can make new threads (except raocow), only replies. And every time he posts a video he would make a "Comments for (video)" thread in that forum. The no-threads would be to prevent everyone trying to get the first thread and cut down on duplicates (ever seen the xkcd forums? ugh...)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't think it's a good idea to have a thread PER VIDEO.

A thread per game would make a lot more sense, no?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Halfpixel

Post by Halfpixel »

I agree with raocow here. Probably 90% of the comments on YouTube are just "Another great video, raocow!" or something along those lines anyway. Hopefully sticking to one thread per game would minimize that in the forum.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

raocow wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to have a thread PER VIDEO.

Yeah, thinking it over, that does make more sense. Basically the same thing you did on SA.

I guess an added benefit would be that the threads would then be like your video archive?
Elnendil

Post by Elnendil »

raocow wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to have a thread PER VIDEO.

Yeah. I'd say just make a new collection of boards on this forum for a certain game, with one topic linking to every video (locked so you can still update it but people can't post in it) and then another for comments, I guess? Kind of remove clutter. That or just trust the base to know where to find your videos and just remove the thread on where to find the videos entirely. But you know how people can be.

That or what you said, just make a sticky thread in the LP board in regards to the game with your post being the links to the videos and then people commenting.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Yeah, one topic per game is good too. Just so long as there's something so that if I want to make a comment on what I just watched, it's easy to do so without digging three or four clicks into the boards.
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

I agree. I mean, look at all those raocow-videos that there are. One for every game is definitely enough. Inside of it, they can just call the name of what video they talk about, and then go on to the next one.
Another option would be topics inside of games: The main topic titled "VIP 3" (or whatever) and inside of it 50 threads, one for each level.
So on the first game page you just see a bunch of games. When you choose to click one of it, you'll get a lot of threads where you can pick the level you want to talk about.
Even that would be clean to look at and easy to find.
Maybe that's a good idea?
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
kilon

Post by kilon »

Do you still make a thread for World of Illusion and MariAri or do you wait for the new games?

World of Illusion is nearly finished.
MariAri... well...
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm waiting.

We can use the 'cirno' thread for the rest of MariAri, no?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage