(shouting)

Forum Layout

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Trotim

Forum Layout

Post by Trotim »

Why is the name of the poster on the right side? That's awkward.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: Forum Layout

Post by FPzero »

Just a consequence of using whatever forum software he's using, that's all. I agree with you, it's kind of weird but hey, I'll probably get used to it if there's no option to change to profile info on the left.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

It's the way phpBB3 works by default.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

I don't mind the info on the right, but I hate that the title, date, etc. doesn't have anything separating it from the post.

The topic list seems kind of busy also, but I can't place my problem with that exactly.
kilon

Post by kilon »

My favorite forum layout is vBulletin. Mainly because the forum I spend most of my time on has that.
But you know how it goes: it costs money...
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Apropos money! How much does the whole of raocow.com cost?
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

Trotim wrote:Apropos money! How much does the whole of raocow.com cost?
This is a good question, and in fact, is not even known by raocow himself! (Until he recieves my bill in the mail... ;) )

In essence, when designing the site, we tried to balance cost vs. utility at least for the initial startup of raocow.com

At the end of the day, if we can gain enough support, I'm open to examining some of the 'fancier' options for forums and the etc.. out there
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

siteadmin wrote:
Trotim wrote:Apropos money! How much does the whole of raocow.com cost?
This is a good question, and in fact, is not even known by raocow himself! (Until he recieves my bill in the mail... ;) )

In essence, when designing the site, we tried to balance cost vs. utility at least for the initial startup of raocow.com

At the end of the day, if we can gain enough support, I'm open to examining some of the 'fancier' options for forums and the etc.. out there
I just hope this doesn't involve holding him to ransom :|
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Just wondered: Who are you, siteadmin?
I thought raocow manages the page on his own and appears here both as raocow and as "the admin". So you're a good friend of him, I guess?
Anyway, a really cool page for fans of raocow, must've been a lot of work :)
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

TwilightArts wrote:Just wondered: Who are you, siteadmin?
I thought raocow manages the page on his own and appears here both as raocow and as "the admin". So you're a good friend of him, I guess?
Well! You've pointed out a common misconception that I think I might clarify to the rest of the board as part of the raocow.com "Day 1 announcement" - I am, in fact, not raocow... but an avid fan of his for quite some time!

My handle across the webbernetz (Youtube included) is TLs4. I've been thinking about this concept for a while now, and when raocow posted his warning forever video to the tune of 'my youtube might be the most profitable thing out there - what should I do?' I sent him a message outlining my whole 'idea'. My goal is (and continues to be) essentially keeping the administration side of things (bandwith monitoring, visitor stats, ad implementation, site development etc...) out of raocow's scope so he can just keep doing what he does best - making his LP videos, artwork, all those sorts of raocow-type things. That being said, at the end of the day... it's raocow making the final calls on what happens to the site - I'm just around to make it happen!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

basically Mr.SiteAdmin is there so I don't have to actually do anything.

I like that arrangement.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Me too. Definitely the best solution, thinking about the fact of your daily video uploads and your webcomic. I don't know how long those two things take you every day, but I'm sure they take quite some time. So having a buddy around that keeps up with the page without yourself having to much extra work sounds like a swell idea.
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

siteadmin wrote:
Well! You've pointed out a common misc.....
Ah, the oft fabled web-developer-server-admin-who-rarely-sees-the-light-of-day ;)
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

TheChrisD wrote:
siteadmin wrote:
Well! You've pointed out a common misc.....
Ah, the oft fabled web-developer-server-admin-who-rarely-sees-the-light-of-day ;)
I do TRY to see the light of day... sometimes... maybe... when I'm not in my basement with all the lights off watching video after video of "hey there everyone! this is raocow..."