(shouting)

Games forum

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Chdata

Games forum

Post by Chdata »

Games forum idea -
All you have to do is make a forum that is called "Forum Games"
And then we come up with text based games, like draw here or some other stuff.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Daze

Re: Games forum

Post by Daze »

There aren't too many text-based games going on, I think, and art can be posted in the art showcase forum. Any text-based games we have currently are in the rest, and I think that's a pretty good place to keep them, unless it becomes crazy disorganized.

To be honest, at first, I thought this was a suggestion to make a forum where people could talk about various other games, like whatever they might be playing. I know there's a subforum for Touhou in the rest, but a subforum for general game discussion might be cool, if there's a clamor for it.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
FRK

Post by FRK »

Honestly I think that would lead to massive spamfest.
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

Just set the forum to not increase post count. Sure there will be a ton of spam, but if people want to play forum games, let em.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

rxcjack wrote:Just set the forum to not increase post count. Sure there will be a ton of spam, but if people want to play forum games, let em.
I don't think that's the problem. There are already a couple of +postcount threads here anyway
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

Argumentable wrote:
rxcjack wrote:Just set the forum to not increase post count. Sure there will be a ton of spam, but if people want to play forum games, let em.
I don't think that's the problem. There are already a couple of +postcount threads here anyway
The suggestion was to make a new section for forum games. Thus, there would be no clutter in this one, and if the whole section is set to not increase post count, nothing would change, except for the fact that fourteen year-old children can fulfill their desires to be incredibly, incredibly, annoying.

But I won't read it, so go for it.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

rxcjack wrote:The suggestion was to make a new section for forum games. Thus, there would be no clutter in this one, and if the whole section is set to not increase post count, nothing would change, except for the fact that fourteen year-old children can fulfill their desires to be incredibly, incredibly, annoying.

:evil: I'm a fourteen-year-old and I don't have desires to be annoying. :evil:

I hate you all.
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

SpikyRat wrote:
rxcjack wrote:The suggestion was to make a new section for forum games. Thus, there would be no clutter in this one, and if the whole section is set to not increase post count, nothing would change, except for the fact that fourteen year-old children can fulfill their desires to be incredibly, incredibly, annoying.

:evil: I'm a fourteen-year-old and I don't have desires to be annoying. :evil:
You're right.

Correction: Fourteen year-old children can make terrible jokes and sexual innuendos and think they are cool when they really are not.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

On topic, I think a Forum Games forum would be a pretty good idea if, like as already been said, it doesn't raise postcount.

@ rxcjack-You're right, a lot of the people I know that are my age are just a bunch of perverts that say the F-word for no good reason. I know pervert seems kind of random, but really, they also say perverted things. :| I really wish I lived back where I used to, my old friends are DEFINITELY not like that.

I hate you all.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I would like to have a Forum Games place so that I, a fourteen year-old child, can fulfill my desire to be incredibly, incredibly, annoying. Also, so I can make terrible jokes and sexual innuendos, and I can think I'm cool when I'm really not.

All jokes aside, a Forums Game forum-place-thing would be only necessary if everybody ever starts making forum game topics in "The Rest". Otherwise, we might as well wait.
Yeah.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

What you guys don't know is that I'm secretley using my admin tools to spin a wheel, pick a random user, and reset their post count.

WATCH OUT!
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

TLs4 wrote:What you guys don't know is that I'm secretley using my admin tools to spin a wheel, pick a random user, and reset their post count.

WATCH OUT!
Does it really matter anyway?

I hate you all.
rxcjack

Post by rxcjack »

SpikyRat wrote:
TLs4 wrote:What you guys don't know is that I'm secretley using my admin tools to spin a wheel, pick a random user, and reset their post count.

WATCH OUT!
No but fourteen year-old children on forums love post counts. Except you, I like you.
Daze

Post by Daze »

WATCH OUT!
Uh oh, it's like Russian Roulette, but more deadly. More... Canadian. I feel like there's a joke in here somewhere...
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

rxcjack wrote:
SpikyRat wrote:

WATCH OUT!
No but fourteen year-old children on forums love post counts. Except you, I like you.
Why, uh, thank you. Everybody on.... NEVER MIND, I don't want one of their mods to yell at me.

I hate you all.
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

More on topic[hah]: Most forums I've been on there's a specific section specific for games/non related things, and it's set so it doesn't raise post count, so while there is a lot of spam it makes no real difference in the long run.
And I think it'd be fun, I like forum games.
What?

Oh...
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Not being a fan of forum games in general, I'm not going to vote yes or no for it. However, I think a general "Games/Gaming" forum for discussion of video games would be good. Right now the only game discussion comes from raocow's LPs.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Hell no. Just look at smwcentral, so many damn post counters in the forum games. It may not be like that at first, but as this site develops......well yah know.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Something Awful dealt with this "problem" by getting rid of postcounts everywhere except your profile... and then coding the forums where spamming and posting games are allowed so that they don't increment your post count (or make it go DOWN) :P
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Way I see it, we create new forums when there's a serious need for it. If the rest sees a sudden increase in video game talk, that means it can use a video game topic.

Otherwise, it's a bit silly to create a slew of subforums and such 'just in case' and end up with a bunch of empty places.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

The thing is, I've refrained from posting about Gaming related stuff in The Rest because while it technically fit in there, it also felt like it didn't fit, like it should have its own forum instead of being grouped with everything else.

I guess I'll just go ahead and post gaming threads anyway.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

raocow wrote:Way I see it, we create new forums when there's a serious need for it. If the rest sees a sudden increase in video game talk, that means it can use a video game topic.
Um, we were talking about Forum Games, not a video game forum.

I hate you all.
MrIncognito

Post by MrIncognito »

SpikyRat wrote:
raocow wrote:Way I see it, we create new forums when there's a serious need for it. If the rest sees a sudden increase in video game talk, that means it can use a video game topic.
Um, we were talking about Forum Games, not a video game forum.
This topic sort of split in two early on.