(shouting)

Talkhaus 3000 update

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
devil†zukin

Talkhaus 3000 update

Post by devil†zukin »

Good news, everyone!

The update to Talkhaus 3000 (I just came up with that, great huh?) was a success.

To remind me that I forgot something, whine about the changes, or request features, post below and I'll promise to at least read.

Love, Rena

e: by the way, the new layout works great on phones and other devices

Notable changes:
  • You can no longer log in by e-mail address (username only.)
Issues:
  • Tapatalk push notifications don't currently work
sedron
im proud of you kid

Re: Talkhaus 3000 update

Post by sedron »

I was very confused about 2 minutes ago when saw everything was moved around. It's so... wide.

Quick links are cool, it's gonna take some getting used to since I'm wired to navigate the site in a certain way but overall this looks pretty nice! =D
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

1st request sweeet

Can there be less restricting options when it comes to aligning text other than just 'center'? This is more to help signatures look a bit neater/nicer since the 'center' option makes them look wack what with the new size.

edit: also, it'd just be nice to edit text alignment y'know
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Sturg wrote:1st request sweeet

Can there be less restricting options when it comes to aligning text other than just 'center'? This is more to help signatures look a bit neater/nicer since the 'center' option makes them look wack what with the new size.

edit: also, it'd just be nice to edit text alignment y'know
like.. right?
e: there you go if so
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

yes
yes
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ok, this is amazing!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I noticed that some of the options were centralized into drop-down menus (like User Control Panel, Profile and Logout combined into one place). Personally I prefer the options laid out as before, but that's just me.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

On pretty much any monitor made since like 2006 there's now a ridiculous amount of horizontal screen real estate compared to before... with hardly any of it actually being used in the upper bar thing now that pretty much everything that used to be there is now in the Quick links menu. Can there be a setting to change that? That's pretty much my only complaint.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I can see for miles and miles. Also, I must decide which avatar looks best in 20x20. It's either Ran or Nazrin. Sorry Chesnaught.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Honestly, it looks great so far. The only thing I'd change is the width of the board, make it a bit smaller.
edit: I love that it doesn't have the annoying conformation anymore when you post something.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I dunno Rena... the whole drop down menu thing may feel more organized but it feels like it's more of a hassle? I don't know how to word this.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

too bad you'll just have to get used to it
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Center doesn't seem to work in my sig anymore?
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i broke it on purpose so i could add +1 to the productivity list
yeahh
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Too wide IMO.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

btw the new layout works great on phones
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I was really confused when I came here and everything was so different. I was still waking up so I thought I somehow went to the wrong site at first.
GlitchedGhost wrote:Honestly, it looks great so far. The only thing I'd change is the width of the board, make it a bit smaller.
edit: I love that it doesn't have the annoying conformation anymore when you post something.
I agree actually. On my resolution (2560 wide) it's gone from being too narrow to too wide now. I think it would be better if it were about 75-80% as wide as it is right now.
pholtos wrote:I dunno Rena... the whole drop down menu thing may feel more organized but it feels like it's more of a hassle? I don't know how to word this.
I wonder how hard it would be on Rena's side to let people choose links that would show up outside that menu like they used to. It's not a huge deal in the end but it took me a minute to find the unread replies option and now it takes two clicks to reach that instead of one. Though since it looks like there's a better notifications system now that may be a mostly moot point.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Alice wrote:
pholtos wrote:I dunno Rena... the whole drop down menu thing may feel more organized but it feels like it's more of a hassle? I don't know how to word this.
I wonder how hard it would be on Rena's side to let people choose links that would show up outside that menu like they used to. It's not a huge deal in the end but it took me a minute to find the unread replies option and now it takes two clicks to reach that instead of one. Though since it looks like there's a better notifications system now that may be a mostly moot point.
don't forget that they're now all available on every page though, instead of just the front page (that was two clicks anyway when you were already looking at a thread or whatever)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Gaahhhh, things are different! I don't like change!

oh well.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Everyone will have forgotten the old talkhaus in a week anyway

also what the hell is this

e : ok it doesn't do anything apparently (the code)
Last edited by Jesuiscontent 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TEST

devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

its for superscript (fixed since some browsers apparently don't show it by default)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

beautiful

spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Thanks for the cool notifications system.

The quotes color and the new diagonal "online" tag are some questionable aesthetic choices (imo), i.e. not beautiful.

I like to complaint. Feel free to ignore me.
ImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

RenaBeach wrote:don't forget that they're now all available on every page though, instead of just the front page (that was two clicks anyway when you were already looking at a thread or whatever)
That is a very valid point. I hadn't actually noticed that yet.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

Is it possible to have an option for board width? Feels like it might be a better solution than "Make is narrower" "No make it wider"

EDIT: Oh, and the "Enable/Disable Hats" buttons in some signatures are no longer functioning.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.